• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 images from the US version of Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Beautiful.
1099_0001.jpg

1099_0002.jpg

1099_0003.jpg

1099_0004.jpg

1099_0005.jpg

1099_0006.jpg

1099_0007.jpg

1099_0008.jpg

1099_0009.jpg

1099_0010.jpg

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
_dementia said:
Bettenhausen must have one hell of on overclocked Dreamcast.

He wasn't the only one who thought it looked like a DC game, cause at TGS it did.

Anyway, the translation seems pretty crap

"Come and buy some of Tenuto's famous floral powder! It works very well! Please give it a try!!"

No one talks like this.

JCBossman

Banned
The one with the girl having no friends is SO sad...BUT what is up with thier Lower halves they appear to be made of wood?

Lobster

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
battle screens neary always look drab in this game, but the game looks great in general.

peace

Yeah. I seem to have a problem with the battle screens too :\ The game does look beautiful though. Love the art style.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
sp0rsk said:
"Come and buy some of Tenuto's famous floral powder! It works very well! Please give it a try!!"

No one talks like this.

You've obviously never watched Russian commercials. "Come to the furniture shop! You will like our nice furniture!"

sprsk

Durante said:
1099_0003.jpg

If that is drab, then I want more drab in my games...

I see you are in the PC defense force, perhaps you should buy a PS2. You'll find a lot of games that look like that.

Translation seems slightly reminiscent of the SNES days...

'However, if he comes to think that the world he's in on the other side is the true reality then..."

Who talks like that?

Durante

sp0rsk said:
I see you are in the PC defense force, perhaps you should buy a PS2. You'll find a lot of games that look like that.
I don't know whether or not you're joking, but I've played about 80% of the PS2 JRPGs released in English. I know all too well what they look like, and as a PC user I care for image quality - which they are sadly lacking in. Horrendously. This has not only 3 times the pixels but also better AA, texture filtering, you name it.

English subtitles = japanese audio track included? ...ok ok I know they'd put subtitles anyway.
I sure hope so. The quality of the text translation doesn't exactly inspire hope for the dub. Otherwise, I blame DVD - or, if it's not full, a shoddy localization effort. If NISA can do dual audio for their niche games 4 people buy, then everyone should be able to do it for next-gen games.

Looks good..been keep'n tabs on this game.. adds another unique game to the 360 platform.

First people bitched about 360 not covering all the genre's or it covered way too few genre's.. and now that there expanding to other genre's more and more, people go find something else to bitch about now lol...

Also some of these people bitch'n just dont like the 360, period .... they have very few good things to say about the 360 and its games but yet i seem to always find them giving off negative remakrs towards any thing related to 360 and its games.... you active members know who im talking about ...

Anyways, thanks blimblim for the u.s. pics of this game..

Jonnyram

sp0rsk said:
You're high, and you must have been high at TGS if you thought it looked like a DC game.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
"I'm not afraid of dying from the illness, mom. It's just, well, I'm just sad that, no matter what I do, I can't make any friends."

Lines like this make me think I should get back into the game translation business. I thought with the rise of people like Alexander O. Smith and whoever did Tales of the Abyss this stuff was over and done with.

Still, the game looks absolutely stunning. Non-realistic rendering FTW.

sprsk

Jonnyram said:
You're high, and you must have been high at TGS if you thought it looked like a DC game.

There are shots that look totally next gen, and then there are shots like the one quoted above which seriously just look like a ps2 game, and this isn't hyperbole.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Luckyman said:
So.. multiplat confirmed?

Apparently so, at least according to a supposed tri-Crescendo interview in the new Famitsu Xbox. The source is 2ch, so take it with a grain of salt.

It is worth mentioning that the cover doesn't have an "Only On" mark.

Ryuuga

Banned
Yup, you heard right; that's the new phrase folks----"The combat looks so ps2". There are going to definitely going to be a lot of disappointed people when it comes to viewing screens of Next-Gen JRPGs. That's right viewing, but never actually playing. Anyway from the videos the combat plays out more like an SNES game I like to call Chrono Trigger (in certain ways). Am I wrong to believe so good sirs?

Edit: WHOOPSIE Mulligan!

rage1973

sp0rsk said:
There are shots that look totally next gen, and then there are shots like the one quoted above which seriously just look like a ps2 game, and this isn't hyperbole.
Ok show me one PS2 gameplay shot that can match that quality.

reminder

C'mon Namco, i know you want it too. :D

trustyps3.jpg

1099_0002.jpg

Well, i don't think that they port it to PS3. I think i have to buy a 360 when this game comes to europe...

Durante

Pureauthor said:
Why do they stand in such funny poses?
Because you touch yourself at night.

sp0rsk said:
Do you play your PS2 games on a 3 inch display? Because then - while I still couldn't agree - I could at least see vaguely where you're coming from. It seems like you're the one who should buy a PS2 and take a long hard look at any JRPG available for it, and not just the PR bullshots.

arcader

Banned
First glance over thread = "oh look another cell shaded JRPG for PS2"

Second glance over thread = "Oh look those appear to be XBOX controller button layouts in the screenshots"

Reading entire thread = "This is an X360 game? Wha?"

painey said:
whats the deal with all the musical character names?

Because this world is within Chopin's... um... dream... thing... he had on his deathbed.

Chopin lends itself rather well to musically inclined things.

"oh look another cell shaded JRPG for PS2"

... No. Just... just no.

1. its namco

2. did you guys see the movies where they showed the battles and the chracter running in the world? Horrible animation and textures looked like crap.

bloke

Wow, so much ignorance in this thread, if you're gonna troll the game better gather some info about it beforehand.

Durante

Kabuki Waq said:
2. did you guys see the movies where they showed the battles and the chracter running in the world? Horrible animation and textures looked like crap.
Ok. Just stop it. God knows I'm no fan of the 360, but take your ****ing partisan trolling out of this thread. Now. You too sp0rsk.

And if it's really not trolling then get a new set of eyes. Your current ones are clearly unfit to do their job at this point.

As a reminder, here is a non-pr shot of what a PS2 cell shaded JRPG looks like:
bofv001.jpg

(Incidentally, one of the best games of that generation)

rage1973 said:
Ok show me one PS2 gameplay shot that can match that quality.

of that particular shot???????? Come on, ffxii battles can look much more impressive than that initial shot. I think the game looks great in motion though, and some of the battles actually look really nice. But the screens of the battles arent impressive. They dont look like souped up ps2, they look straight ps2.

Mute point anyway though, Ive seen the game in motion and I think it will be the nicest looking 360 jrpg when released

peace

Top Bottom