• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 images from the US version of Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata

Bebpo

Banned
I don't get why people expect dual-voice on all X360 rpgs.

As said above the main reason that this didn't happen last gen was due to space limitations of a dvd.

...they're still on dvds.

Not only that but with DD5.1 and next-gen audio the sound quality should tend to be higher and take up more space than last-gen audio.

I'm actually really really impressed that Blue-Dragon is going to have dual-language since I had thought the discs in the Japanese version were full.

Dina

The combat looks stale and I'm not sure I enjoy the fact that everyone looks like a 10-year old (also, Polka is bound to die somewhere near the endgame), but damn does it look hot and more importantly, fresh.

Awesome backgrounds, too.

duckroll

Aokage said:
The standard argument -- that there wasn't enough room on the DVDs for both voice tracks -- could very well have been true in the case of Squeni games last gen. With more efficient sound compression technology (not to mention a hell of a lot more space) it'll be interesting to see what they do with localizations this generation.

Oh I agree completely. But the game we're talking about here just happens to be on a plain old DVD9. :)

KTallguy

Banned
People who are downplaying the graphics need to go to IGN and watch the 4 vids they put up.

This is a fricking beautiful game with excellent art and animation, and the concept is nice and original. I hope it sells.

Also, there were 0 load times, which impressed me a lot.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
duckroll said:
Oh I agree completely. But the game we're talking about here just happens to be on a plain old DVD9. :)

I really think it should be feasible to fit two languages worth of voice data on a DVD this gen, though. Even sampling at 44KHz, with modern compression techniques it should be possible to get, say, four hours of voice down to ~200MB.

It's a shame Trusty Bell won't be rocking the dual-language...

The cutscenes are gorgeous, but then why shouldn't they be?

The battles and such are pretty plain and not so hot.

The game has a good art direction which is more than enough to get the job done here.

I really can't understand the extreme fapping over the graphics, even the cutscenes, because they're not nearly the best we've seen.

Dina said:
The combat looks stale and I'm not sure I enjoy the fact that everyone looks like a 10-year old (also, Polka is bound to die somewhere near the endgame), but damn does it look hot and more importantly, fresh.

From the previews it sounds like everyone is going to die in the game. All the main characters have some terminal illness.

Firestorm

Just saw the IGN videos... "Ritardando"? :lol What a town name.

Anyway, this looks as close to a Tales game on the 360 as we'll ever get. I wish EB Canada would get it in their system already >_<; I want to pre-order using their Trade 3 for Free deal but this and Blue Dragon aren't in there yet! EB needs to get its computers up to date >=(

icecream

Public Health Threat
You know what a 'Ritardando' is... right?

Dual language had two things going against it, Namco and DVD9. I just wanted to hear Hirano's voice...

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
From the previews it sounds like everyone is going to die in the game. All the main characters have some terminal illness.

Is Beat's terminal illness what causes him to stand like that?

Pureauthor said:
In Beat's terminal illness what causes him to stand like that?

I don't know but it does look freakin' bizarre doesn't it? At first I was thinking the character might be wearing some sort of brace but then you can see him bending his arm while holding a baguette in one shot. I'm not sure what the hell is going on.

RyoHazuki

"The game is being translated into English even while work is still being done in Japan to ensure that the game comes out worldwide early this summer. We're not going to complain either. The sooner this game gets here the better." -IGN

This is going to be one awesome summer. Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, and Forza 2 (although it comes out before summer).

IoCaster

Looks really good. I definitely want to put it on the short list for this summer. I'll wait for some player reviews.

Firestorm

icecream said:
You know what a 'Ritardando' is... right?

Dual language had two things going against it, Namco and DVD9. I just wanted to hear Hirano's voice...

No I don't. That's what makes the word sound funny.

Durante

Bebpo said:
I don't get why people expect dual-voice on all X360 rpgs.

As said above the main reason that this didn't happen last gen was due to space limitations of a dvd.

...they're still on dvds.

Not only that but with DD5.1 and next-gen audio the sound quality should tend to be higher and take up more space than last-gen audio.
That's a bullshit excuse. As I said earlier and others have commented, voice is so compressible without any ill effects that even on DVD9, the space argument just doesn't hold any water this gen. (In fact, it was very dubious last gen to begin with)

That's really disappointing that the original voice acting doesn't seem to be included with only English subtitles.
If this game ships without dual language options, I'll skip it. I won't like it, but it's time to vote with my $ (or rather import € I guess).
And I'll hope for the beefed-up dual-language PS3 port ;)

ethelred

Those new screens are just amazing... I mean, wow, look at that Dreamcast go.

Durante said:
If this game ships without dual language options, I'll skip it. I won't like it, but it's time to vote with my $

Your loss. Seems like a rather boneheaded thing to take a stand on and pass up a quality game in the process, but whatever. Enjoy not playing tri-Crescendo's breakout hit!

This and Blue Dragon are my two most-wanted 360 titles. Its about time some games worth buying came out. I don't like many Western games... *starts to wonder why I got a 360 anyway*

No dual language support? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!

Damn...now I'm not sure if I'll buy the game because of that....nah I probably still will but I won't be happy about it :(

Chittagong

Gold Member
1099_0031.jpg

:lol OMG

Game looks awesome btw

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I've tried to watch that 720p trailer 5 different times now and it always craps out towards the end. :/
Do you have the reencoded version or the original one? If the file is named trustybell_trailer_mp_720pv2.wmv then it should work correctly.

Am I missing something? I don't see what's so funny about that picture, unless we're referencing the lack of grasping ability in the character's hands.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Pureauthor said:
Am I missing something? I don't see what's so funny about that picture, unless we're referencing the lack of grasping ability in the character's hands.
You are definitely missing the point ;)

Brofist

Pureauthor said:

not too quick are we ;)

Firestorm

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I think I don't get it either :lol

To me it seems the gray-haired character is going to use his baguette to smack the little boy ^^u

Actually, the baguette looks like a baseball bat from the angle we see it at.

Or the thing everyone else is seeing.

Durante

No dual language support? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!
Indeed.

ethelred said:
Seems like a rather boneheaded thing to take a stand on and pass up a quality game in the process, but whatever.
I'm not terribly happy about it, but since it would be a "450€ game" to me for now at least it makes the decision easier. Also, I doubt any companies will change their shoddy localization practices out of the goodness of their hearts without some monetary incentive. I already know two other JRPG fans in my area that no longer put up with it, not after NISA demonstrated that dual-language is indeed easily posssible even on a budget.

Top Bottom