• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So Modern Vampires of the City absolutely shits. I think it might actually be their best album yet. There's not a bad song on it. Some of our faves could learn a lesson or two about making focused albums from it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lana announced she's going to make videos for American, Gods And Monsters and Bel Air at her concert.

I don't trust ha tho, since she said she would make a video for Dark Paradise. Or maybe they're going to be homemade videos. I thought she was done with the Paradise Era since the the Ride video came out in October and nothing happened with Cola (it was going to be the second single).

She made a better decision. Cola was weak.

DMeisterJ

Banned
fgKedpP.jpg

SaintZ

Why is DNA getting popular? Gross.
I like the song and the video tbh.

It's in his DNA,
D-D-D-DNA
It's in his DNA
And he just takes my breath away,
B-b-b-breath away
I feel it every day
And that's what makes a man
Not hard to understand
Perfect in every way
I see it in his face
Nothing more to say
Its in his d-d-dna

iH4g3XnzBQrZT.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
“Stay” by Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko drops from #5 to #8. The song tops the 3 million mark in digital sales this week. It's Rihanna's 10th song to reach this plateau, counting collabos with Eminem and T.I., on which she was featured, and another with Jay-Z and Kanye West, on which she had co-equal billing. “Stay” has reached 3 million a little ahead of “Diamonds,” which was the first single from Rihanna’s current album, Unapologetic. That smash is up to 2,988,000.

x

Unapologetic Era... So Far - U.S.

Unapologetic (Album) - 1.01 million

Stay - 3.007 million
Diamonds - 2.988 million
Pour it Up - 1,083,163 (as of last week)
Loveeeeeee Song - 504,456 (as of last week)

Diamonds World Tour - 31/31 SOLD OUT dates (so far)

THE ABSOLUTE SLAYAGE

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

botty

Banned
Seems like the list is based on how attractive the girls are, and then their latest achievements are used to move them up the list. Which explains why Rihanna and Iggy are above Beyonce and Azealia. Rihanna and Iggy are far more attractive and relevant than the other two.

Does DMJ post anything that doesn't inevitably make reference to the Queen?

Doesn't look like it. But who could blame ha?

stashed-image-0510f465f506ae.gif

EDIT: Okay I kind of love the Sia & David Guetta song. WILL BOP.

Nicki on why she was offended by Peter Rosenberg’s jab during last year’s Summer Jam said:
I get it, that’s what you do, to me…I just don’t know your resume. I never found you funny, I never found you entertaining, I never found you smart, I just found you annoying. I grew up on Hot 97. I know Angie and [Funkmaster] Flex and Mr. Cee and all of these people, and whether they like me, I just know their resume. That’s why I called Flex. With you, it’s like, who are you? To me, you don’t have enough of a resume to make those comments but you did, and it is what it is.

Being white also struck a chord with me. I was like, ‘He is on a black station with black people.’ I just didn’t like the feel of it. I was thinking those pop stations, they don’t really get on there and blast the pop artists like that.
On Hip Hop heads being disappointed that she did Starships said:
I don’t give a rat’s ass if people don’t like Starships. Starships sold 7 million records worldwide, that means 7 million mutha—– liked Starships. That’s fine, I would feel like that too. You also have to remember I am not your typical rapper. I am not your typical person. I just did the biggest TV show in America for God’s sake. I appreciate that you do see me as an emcee, because that’s what I do and that’s who I am. People try not to give me my credit but I really do this so when I step out and do a pop song, a lot of people are disappointed by that. I totally get it, I don’t judge you, I’m not mad at people if they don’t like it. But I wanted to experiment.
My whole career has been a playing field for me to try new things. I never put a limit on myself. I don’t like when we, especially black women, put a limit on what we can do. If I really wanted to right now, I can go back in and make another pop record like that to sell [millions of records] but I’m choosing not to do it. I’m choosing to get back to my essence and just feed the core Hip Hop fan. I feel like I need [Hip Hop] because it’s just a more powerful platform for me.

Nicki Minaj vs Rosenberg Face to Face!! (27:59)

Source: KidFury.com via Necole Bitchie

royalan

While I can't wait for Sia to get back to her own Singer-Songwriter style, I don't think I mind her becoming The Queen of EDM in the meantime. Something about her lyricism and vocal style really fits these bombastic dance tracks. Even elevates them, because I think this Guetta beat would be wholly unremarkable otherwise. Definitely can't say that she's a disposable "placeholder vocalist" on these Dance tracks; she makes them.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I was okay with her up until this:

"If I really wanted to right now, I can go back in and make another pop record like that to sell [millions of records] but I’m choosing not to do it."

It's not that she is choosing not to do it, she's done it and she's flopped. She has to go back to Rap/Hip-Hop because it is all that she really has left. When your first album sells well over a million copies in a few months, and your second album after 14 months on the market still hasn't sold 900k copies, it's clear that you don't have the ability to sell a pop album or pop songs like that.

tl;dr

Stahp lying Nicki

royalan

"If I really wanted to right now, I can go back in and make another pop record like that to sell [millions of records] but I’m choosing not to do it."

It's not that she is choosing not to do it, she's done it and she's flopped. She has to go back to Rap/Hip-Hop because it is all that she really has left. When your first album sells well over a million copies in a few months, and your second album after 14 months on the market still hasn't sold 900k copies, it's clear that you don't have the ability to sell a pop album or pop songs like that.

tl;dr

Stahp lying Nicki

Thanks for saving me a post. Was just about to say this.

Trick trying to pretend like her last year hasn't been a desperate and failed attempt to maintain her Pop relevance. Go crawling back, Nicki. Go crawling on back...

EDIT: actually, guess you didn't save me the post. lol

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
But why would anyone want Rap Nicki, the Re-Up was awful

Super Bass, Va Va Voom, Whip It, etc >>>> the rap songs with her not being a feature

tl;dr

Stahp lying Nicki

Thanks for saving me a post. Was just about to say this.

Trick trying to pretend like her last year hasn't been a desperate and failed attempt to maintain her Pop relevance. Go crawling back, Nicki. Go crawling on back...

EDIT: actually, guess you didn't save me the post. lol
Yup.
iPZ76D7CwEScU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom