• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Prince of Persia Classic for XBLA

Jim

The "mystery" classic XBLA game announced.
Looks awesome... I loved the original.

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES PRINCE OF PERSIA CLASSIC FOR XBOX LIVE ARCADE

The Original 1989 Prince of Persia Game Gets a Next-Gen Makeover

Today, Ubisoft announced it will be releasing Prince of Persia Classic on Xbox LIVE Arcade early summer. A remake of the 1989 Prince of Persia game that was lauded as THE game that started the platforming genre features the same intricate level design, exciting swordplay, puzzle solving, and storyline from the original. Developed by Gameloft, Prince of Persia Classic has received a brand-new coat of paint with character designs, animations, visuals and lighting effects giving the game a close to 3D look. To freshen the gameplay experience, new traps, puzzles and enemies have also been added. Prince of Persia Classic for Xbox LIVE Arcade will have an ESRB rating of "T for Teen.

About Prince of Persia Classic
While the Sultan of Persia is away for a war, the evil Vizier seizes the throne for himself. He has also imprisoned the beautiful Princess and has given her an hour to decide her fate - marry him or die. As the courageous Prince, you have 60 minutes to complete the mission of saving the Princess from her deadly fate.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
I was just playing this yesterday, I'm glad I didn't have to shut up about that for too long, it's simply too awesome!

Ranger X

Niiice! Finally. I was wondering when they would unveil this one.
Didn't played much but it seemed to be really good. :)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I came into the thread with my 'meh' post template already picked out for another cheap ass port.

But dayum that looks awesome.

Unison

I wonder if it still has the classic controls... I wonder how much it will cost...

It looks to duplicate areas 100% from the original.

Barnolde

Banned
Gorgeous looking game and yay, no angsty look!

Only thing I'm worried about are controls; the unlockable PoP1&2 in Sands of Time played horrible with the controller.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I thought it was going to be a straight port...then I saw the pics...WOW. Very interested in getting this. Also, what about a PSP port (with slightly downgraded graphics)? Would be nice. :p

GreekWolf

Ironically, back in 95, this is exactly what I thought side-scrolling games would look like in the future.

Same great 2D gameplay that we are all accustomed to, but with OMG next-gen visuals.

of course, I also thought this is what games would look like on the Ultra 64 so AHUAHUAHUAHUA on me

Tieno

I expected the original graphics, wow talk about updated overhauled graphics!

This probably will come at a price.

VALIS

Thought #1, before entering the thread: "The original 80s version? That looks so bareboned by today's standards, your average gamer today will throw a shitfit and never play it."

Thought #2, after entering the thread: "Oh, they updated it. Holy friggin' hell that looks nice."

Unison

Barnolde said:
Only thing I'm worried about are controls; the unlockable PoP1&2 in Sands of Time played horrible with the controller.

Exactly... The controls are the real issue. The game really needs a joystick or even a keyboard. It doesn't work well with the Joypad... None of the previous console versions felt right with one.

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES PRINCE OF PERSIA CLASSIC FOR XBOX LIVE ARCADE

The Original 1989 Prince of Persia Game Gets a Next-Gen Makeover

Today, Ubisoft announced it will be releasing Prince of Persia Classic on Xbox LIVE Arcade early summer. A remake of the 1989 Prince of Persia game that was lauded as THE game that started the platforming genre features the same intricate level design, exciting swordplay, puzzle solving, and storyline from the original. Developed by Gameloft, Prince of Persia Classic has received a brand-new coat of paint with character designs, animations, visuals and lighting effects giving the game a close to 3D look. To freshen the gameplay experience, new traps, puzzles and enemies have also been added. Prince of Persia Classic for Xbox LIVE Arcade will have an ESRB rating of "T for Teen.

About Prince of Persia Classic
While the Sultan of Persia is away for a war, the evil Vizier seizes the throne for himself. He has also imprisoned the beautiful Princess and has given her an hour to decide her fate - marry him or die. As the courageous Prince, you have 60 minutes to complete the mission of saving the Princess from her deadly fate.
This line worries me a bit... anyone know if it'll also contain an unmolested version of the original?

Crypto

Banned
Wow, really nice remade graphics too.

I liked, but didn't love the old classic PoP, still, this looks very interesting.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
They've adjusted the controls slightly for the controller (it feels far better), but they aren't changed too much obviously. I think they are pretty good. Graphics are better then these shots show in the actual game though, these look bland, something went wrong witht he output or something.

Edit: no true classic version was added, from what I saw. Could change I suppose.

Outside of the fact that you have to be the Ubisoft prince,(Whom I never liked the design of in any of his incarnations) it looks awesome. I would/will totally buy this.

pswii60

Kobold said:
They've adjusted the controls slightly for the controller (it feels far better), but they aren't changed too much obviously. I think they are pretty good. Graphics are better then these shots show in the actual game though, these look bland, something went wrong witht he output or something.

Are you talking Partnernet?

Xabora

Everyone MUST buy this!
If you don't... well... then I can't really do anything to ya... but I will send you on a guilt trip!

Top Bottom