• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Prince of Persia Classic for XBLA

watership

Jcgamer60 said:
Thank god they went with the sands of time look and not that Warrior Within crap.

Probably because Jordan Mechner made the original and helped with the Sands of Time, but wasn't involved in Warrior Within.

watership

Metalmurphy said:
I actually preferred the old PoP 1 and 2 art style :S

prince-of-persia-2.na3.png

FTW

Ya, that's Price of Persia 2, and it better come to XBLA as well. It was a better game.

AtomicShroom said:
Wow FINALLY! I think this is Ubisoft's best kept secret ever! :p

Nope. One of it's best kept secret is that in PS2 version of Sands of Time, hidden through a complex code that is even secret to some of the actual dev team, the first few levels of the original Prince game have been remade using the graphic engine of SANDS.

Shhh, I didn't say anything. ;-)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
This could either be incredible, or an incredible disappointment...

*recalls horrendous emulation of classics in Sands of Time*

Bildi

First XBLA game I'll actually buy.

Would have bought it without the makeover but the makeover seals the deal. Awesome stuff.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If this is 400 points, consider this bought. 800 points, I'll have to think about it. Looks pretty damn awesome though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
OMG.

The first PC game I ever played, that me and friends would boot up and play whenever the teacher went out of the class - talk about nogstalia!

All it looks so good, especially in motion too! Consider it bought UbiSoft!

Man, I really did NOT see this one coming - why does XBLA kick so much ass?! :D

nesmar

im glad gameloft is helping out, the cellphone PoPs were great.

im very picky with live games, but this is just way to hard to resist.

Sharp

Oh shit oh shit oh shit do I need to get a 360 now? This game was AWESOME in 1994. We didn't have the manual the game came with, with the passcodes (wasn't originally ours, I suppose) so we recreated it manually. So many good times...

When I saw that, I exclaimed "badass!" like a thirteen year old at the lunch table reading issues of EGM in the 16-bit days. So yes, it looks quite nice.

Gives me ideas too; think of more remakes, or "updates," getting this sort of overhaul--applying the current coat of paint to the original classic that is. Try to picture Metroid or Metroid II using Prime series assets, or Zelda II with the Twilight Princess character models, or Ninja Gaiden with a shiny new Team Ninja graphical redux. Pipe dreams, I know, but I'd like to see more things like this happen. Good idea, Ubi.

Zapages

OK guys../

You guys should all thank me right now... I proposed this idea long time ago... Yes that is right.... I'm not kidding you. This just sold me the Xbox 360...

Thank you Ubisoft!!!!

Bowen_B

Banned
I love PoP.
Please Ubi, price it at 2000 and bend me over!

Enk said:
I wonder if Mechner is involved in any way or has he given up on the series?
He's working on the PoP movie with Bruckheimer isn't he?

Top Bottom