• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Prince of Persia Classic for XBLA

Crypto

Banned
joaomgcd said:
So, are those sprites or 3D models? Looks like sprites, right?

The lighting makes me think full 3D models.

The angles of the environ shows they're 3D too.

[edit : although it could be prerendered 3d backgrounds, single screen gameplay like the classic too, that would bloat up the XBLA download size.]

Kuran

Banned
Looks gorgeous. Reminds me of Prince of Persia 2.

I just think the 'new' design of the prince looks out of place...

Barnolde

Banned
Of course, we implemented a scoring system to allow players to compare their skills on Xbox Live leaderboards. We also added a ghost feature, allowing you to race against the ghost of your best performance or try to match another player's skill and speed.
:D

Saterium

Wow... Initially I thought they had just ported PoP1 to the Xbox, but once I entered the thread my mind was blown.

Do want... right now =(

I actually preferred the old PoP 1 and 2 art style :S

prince-of-persia-2.na3.png

FTW

Tain

Holy hell. I was expecting fugly "enhanced" 2xsai images of the Amiga version or something.

It was a nice surprise to scroll down and see that.

szaromir said:
This is not PoP1 artstyle (or maybe it was? never played more than 5 minutes - always died earlier :p)

No, thats the second one. The first one is like this:
Prince%20of%20Persia1.png

*edit* cjelly beat me to it.

Barnolde

Banned
PoP1 was also made with the improved artstyle. This is how it looked when I played it on Mac and the unlockable one in Sands of Time looked like this also:

9-1421_1.png

Top Bottom