• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Prince of Persia Classic for XBLA

Borys

Banned
This is amazing.

FUCK Nintendo for relealsing the same damn Mario games without a single code or pixel of improvement.

Microsoft > Nintendo

the thing i like about the new movement abilities is that they don't appear to allow you to get to somewhere you couldn't have in the original, but they do allow you to move through the levels quicker than you could in the original.

PoP games are games i like to try and speed run (i'm not particularly good mind) so that, and the ghosts, are a really welcome addition.

800 points is a steal with these graphics. just imagine them in HD on a big TV set...

Tieno

I love the PoP: SoT art style, so it's great that they applied it to the classic.

800 points I can live with, I feared it to be 1200points because of the extensive overhaul with new art style as appposed to just some higher res graphics with better blurring.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
McDragon said:
Too bad...they failed.

and i prefer consoles anyday over handhelds.
I certainly hope you did not skip them for that reason. Considering your avatar, you would be foolish to ignore those two games. They are incredible.

farnham

Banned
getting it.. definately... the original is still fun.. so i guess this remake will be just as great.. especially with PoP SoT graphics!

Thoren

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
*psssst*It's from Ubisoft not MS ;)

True, but Microsoft is strongly supporting things like this while Nintendo is focusing on the easy ports. They do have a huge library to fall back on of course while Microsoft doesn't.

Brashnir

krypt0nian said:
Not seeing the "mediocre" or the "disrespectful" but whatever.

look at his post history. you'll find plenty of disrespectful, though not much reaching even the lofty level of mediocre.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
That site is firewalled for me. Can someone host and post the pics here for those of us who are behind the prison walls of work?

aku:jiki

I got to play the game today and, seriously, it's ****ing awesome. jett and the rest of the haters are going to have to eat about 600 pounds of crow when it releases. It's far from "disrespectful" or whatever, it's a fantastic remake.

It's been 10-15 years since I played the original, but the level design is so close to the original (if not exact) that I could find my way from ancient traces of memories of playing the first game.

Controls are perfect too. The prince is a bit "blocky" in his movements like he was in the original game, but you only really notice when you mess up and try to rectify your mistake too fast. If you do stuff right, the prince controls like a charm. He has some new moves to fit in with the "new" PoP too. Like when he ducks under an enemy sword swing, time slows down. It's just a neat little visual effect, though, and nothing that alters gameplay. He can also do little somersaults or whatever too. And was crouching and rolling in the original? Don't care, the roll move was awesome for getting past chomping blades.

I'm even more excited now. I had to stop myself from playing too far 'cause I want to enjoy this in the comfort of my own couch, but pulling myself away was very hard. Too bad the achievements kinda suck...but that's really the only complaint I have. I love it.

It should also be noted that according to the copyright info, Gameloft did all the work (as opposed to "Gameloft helped a little" like the idea around here seems to be) and they did it damn well. Hope they make more XBLA games.

Spoiler-tagged to hide from arne's whining about how I don't know how certification works! The game seems 100% finished to me. Everything I did and saw worked perfectly. I bet we'll see it go live in less than a month, which is even more awesome than anything else awesome about this awesomeness.

Zapages

aku:jiki said:
I got to play the game today and, seriously, it's ****ing awesome. jett and the rest of the haters are going to have to eat about 600 pounds of crow when it releases. It's far from "disrespectful" or whatever, it's a fantastic remake.

It's been 10-15 years since I played the original, but the level design is so close to the original (if not exact) that I could find my way from ancient traces of memories of playing the first game.

Controls are perfect too. The prince is a bit "blocky" in his movements like he was in the original game, but you only really notice when you mess up and try to rectify your mistake too fast. If you do stuff right, the prince controls like a charm. He has some new moves to fit in with the "new" PoP too. Like when he ducks under an enemy sword swing, time slows down. It's just a neat little visual effect, though, and nothing that alters gameplay. He can also do little somersaults or whatever too. And was crouching and rolling in the original? Don't care, the roll move was awesome for getting past chomping blades.

I'm even more excited now. I had to stop myself from playing too far 'cause I want to enjoy this in the comfort of my own couch, but pulling myself away was very hard. Too bad the achievements kinda suck...but that's really the only complaint I have. I love it.

It should also be noted that according to the copyright info, Gameloft did all the work (as opposed to "Gameloft helped a little" like the idea around here seems to be) and they did it damn well. Hope they make more XBLA games.

Spoiler-tagged to hide from arne's whining about how I don't know how certification works! The game seems 100% finished to me. Everything I did and saw worked perfectly. I bet we'll see it go live in less than a month, which is even more awesome than anything else awesome about this awesomeness.

Sounds awesome... This game just sold me the xbox 360.... I can't believe it.

Do you know if its just POP 1 or does it include PoP 2: The Shadow and the Flame? If this is a success, do you think they will think about doing PoP 2: The Shadow and the Flame?

MCD

dark10x said:
I certainly hope you did not skip them for that reason. Considering your avatar, you would be foolish to ignore those two games. They are incredible.

I only skipped MM PU due to CUTENESS OVERLOAD, and because i am a MMX *** :lol

i really loved every bit of MM MHX, shame they did not remake MMX2.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
AtomicShroom said:
What the hell is going on with GAF? That's two replies that I see appearing in the wrong thread. Is the server is going crazy or what?

Sounds like interesting times to me.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Didnt know Gameloft were making this, if this is a sign of the level of effort they are prepared to put in lets all hope Digital Eclipse are about to lose all their port contracts.

duckroll

Ghost said:
Didnt know Gameloft were making this, if this is a sign of the level of effort they are prepared to put in lets all hope Digital Eclipse are about to lose all their port contracts.

Gameloft is making this? Interesting. They do really neat cellphone versions of Ubisoft games, but I'm not familiar with any console projects they've worked on. If this is the standard they're setting, that's very good news indeed. Digital Eclipse can go suck a dick. :lol

Mrbob

This is very, very sweet.

duckroll said:
Gameloft is making this? Interesting. They do really neat cellphone versions of Ubisoft games, but I'm not familiar with any console projects they've worked on. If this is the standard they're setting, that's very good news indeed. Digital Eclipse can go suck a dick. :lol

Indeed. We'll have to deal with them, though. If the rumored Simpsons Arcade port is true, I bet they are doing the job.

MCD

duckroll said:

What's wrong with Digital Eclipse?

SOTN was pretty sweet.

shpankey

not an idiot
aku:jiki said:
I got to play the game today and, seriously, it's ****ing awesome. jett and the rest of the haters are going to have to eat about 600 pounds of crow when it releases. It's far from "disrespectful" or whatever, it's a fantastic remake.[/SPOILER]
if u guys didn't know, jett hates on EVERYTHING. it's not even about being honest, he just automatically will always take the opposing side, just to do it.

i thought everyone knew that but alas, he still riles peoples up. ;)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
art_7573_id_1.jpeg

art_7573_id_4.jpeg

art_7573_id_2.jpeg

I'm in love again

Sony u suck so much for not getting this stuff rather than the SOE/Midway crap

I don' t understand why people aren't going bananas over this game...

Oh yeah, most people playing the 360 starting playing games in '01.

Crypto

Banned
FrostuTheNinja said:

That's not it at all, we already had the bananas thread a while ago.

Wait until the game is a few days off (or preferably out) and people will be going bananas again.

Cdammen

FrostuTheNinja said:

Ha ha ha, this reply gets five WOWs out of five.

I'm downloading this day one. Haven't bought a XBLA since Jetpac Refueled.

Top Bottom