• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Prince of Persia Classic for XBLA

Fiona

Odrion said:
So uh, is this just the remake of the first game (which was a pretty short game I thought)?

Nah, I'm pretty sure it keeps the complete gameplay mechanics and some areas, but all in all it's a completely different game.

Also PoP was never short, it was too hard to be a short game. It does have an hour time limit to finish it, but it would take you weeks.

test_account

XP-39C²
Fiona said:
Nah, I'm pretty sure it keeps the complete gameplay mechanics and some areas, but all in all it's a completely different game.

Also PoP was never short, it was too hard to be a short game. It does have an hour time limit to finish it, but it would take you weeks.

I thought it was just like the original? That would be the best in my opinion.

PoP original is indeed very hard, but you had passwords between each levels atleast :) If you had to start all over again everytime it would be atleast 10 times harder.

EDIT: Typo, "tha" was suppose to be "the" hehe.

Zapages

It is the original game, with few graphical*cough graphical overhall :D& and combat upgrades from what I've seen at IGN.com...

Fiona

test_account said:
I thought it was just like tha original? That would be the best in my opinion.

PoP original is indeed very hard, but you had passwords between each levels atleast :) If you had to start all over again everytime it would be atleast 10 times harder.
I loved failing a ton of times when first playing the game only to find that I now cannot complete it because of the time limit.
... what a game...

test_account said:
I thought it was just like tha original? That would be the best in my opinion.

new moves have been added. they don't let you get to places you couldn't before or anything, but they do let you do things faster.

should be interesting for speed runners (and you can save a ghost of your best run!).

edit: fixed my post so it said 'new' instead of 'no' which is what i meant in the first place.

test_account

XP-39C²
Zapages said:
It is the original game, with few graphical*cough graphical overhall :D& and combat upgrades from what I've seen at IGN.com...

Ah ok, thats the best, keeping the original levels :)

Fiona said:
I loved failing a ton of times when first playing the game only to find that I now cannot complete it because of the time limit.
... what a game...

The best way to complete it is to complete one level in a good time, then write down the password. Then try next level and if you dont do a good time, just restart, type in the password and start over again. Repeat this on each level :)

plagiarize said:
no moves have been added. they don't let you get to places you couldn't before or anything, but they do let you do things faster.

should be interesting for speed runners (and you can save a ghost of your best run!).

Ah.. cool with ghost feature :)

Zapages

plagiarize said:
no moves have been added. they don't let you get to places you couldn't before or anything, but they do let you do things faster.

Some moves have been added like jump roll/auto grab on to ledge for the platforming sections and punches and locking swords for combat sections...

bryehn

I have a feeling this one will clock in at 1200 points. Looks awesome though. I remember playing the original on an old Mac my uncle had.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Smokey Bones said:
Nice.

This will be the first XBL game that I have bought since Pac-man came out on XBL.
This will be the first XBL game that I have bought since Pac-man CE came out on XBL.

(Pac-man CE is fantastic, btw.)

Top Bottom