• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Prince of Persia Classic for XBLA

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I noticed some strange framerate action going on in that vid... but other than that I am totally pumped!!!!!

Bildi

Just saw the vid - looks fantastic.

I think the new grab mechanic is evident where he changes directions while falling. Long time since I've played PoP but I don't remember that move being in the game. I thought it might make the game a bit easy but it looks like fun.

After seeing this I feel pissed that I've wasted so much money on other bullshit games.

Thank You UBI for what looks to be the best thing on XBLA since Geo Wars......

Rlan

I'm glad some mobile developers like Gameloft are finaly coming around to the console side of things. I mean, look at POP Mobile:

slideshow.gif

slideshow.gif

slideshow.gif

slideshow.gif

They've done stuff like the two Asphault Urban GT games on the DS too [which wern't all that fun, but at least design fairly well]

Sharp

Damn, I wish this were coming to PC or something. I would pick it up as a standalone... don't want to have to pay $400 just to play this.

Sharp said:
Damn, I wish this were coming to PC or something. I would pick it up as a standalone... don't want to have to pay $400 just to play this.
You can't seriously be asking yourself that question....can you? :\
Anyways, this game looks F****** great! Day 1 purchase. :)

jett

D-Member
It looks mediocre and completely disrespectful of the original. I'd rather play the SNES remake, which is totally awesome.

p.s. buying this means you support Ubishit's rape of the franchise.

Sharp

jett said:
It looks mediocre and completely disrespectful of the original. I'd rather play the SNES remake, which is totally awesome.

I had something here to the same effect about Buckethead, but I deleted it because it wasn't really a good idea.

In other news, everyone with a 360 better buy this game for me!

jett said:

Not seeing the "mediocre" or the "disrespectful" but whatever.

Ranger X

Sharp said:

You buy a console for more than one game you know.
I can't help myself but to think it's such a derogative way to look at a console price.
I suppose that in fact you want to pirate the game right?

Rlan said:
I'm glad some mobile developers like Gameloft are finaly coming around to the console side of things. I mean, look at POP Mobile:

slideshow.gif

slideshow.gif

slideshow.gif

slideshow.gif

They've done stuff like the two Asphault Urban GT games on the DS too [which wern't all that fun, but at least design fairly well]

I owned and finished Warrior Within :) Amazing game for a cellphone

Sharp

Ranger X said:
You buy a console for more than one game you know.
I can't help myself but to think it's such a derogative way to look at a console price.
I suppose that in fact you want to pirate the game right?
No, I don't really want to pirate it. I want to give Ubisoft lots of money for doing this. But I've realized that, with the amount of time I spend gaming, a 360 would probably not be cost effective.

Ranger X

Sharp said:
No, I don't really want to pirate it. I want to give Ubisoft lots of money for doing this. But I've realized that, with the amount of time I spend gaming, a 360 would probably not be cost effective.

Ok. Now that's better wording. Fair enough.

jett said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

speculawyer said:
You young whipper-snappers with your IBM PCs.

The Apple ][ version is the true original!
AppleIIc2.jpg
Word. I picked this shit up the first day my local bookstore/software store got it. Apple ][ version, biatches. And I really like the way this new version looks. Yeah, it's busier and high-octanified (is that a word?)...but it looks fun.

Foil

jett said:

Thanks, I'll buy it just to piss you off.

Zapages

The Mac version was the most awesome graphic wise, even though I played POP 1 on the PC when I was a kid. lol

There were so many iterations of the original PoP game. I hope this game gets downloaded so much that we can get Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame Classic version... Now that would be sweet like anything... Old schoolers know what I'm talking about here. :)

Here's some cross comparison of nearly every single version of PoP 1 compared with each other:

http://poplegacy.planets.gamespy.com/PoP1Screenshots.php

xbla has rocked lately...I wanted pinball and side scrollers and got pinballfx and this weeks free side scroller...and now this awesome looking remake of a classic.

day 1 purchase

jett said:

:lol

Mashing

Holy shit I was thinking this was going to be the original PoP (a game which I enjoyed very much), but then I click on this thread and it's oh so much better. This looks ****ing ace.

NICE!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing just how far XBLA has come. Until March 2007 it was crap, then it went on a roll and there are no signs of it slowing down :D

_Angelus_

Banned
jett said:

Yogi6.jpg

legend166

Looks pretty awesome.

On a related note, what the hell is with this line:

A remake of the 1989 Prince of Persia game that was lauded as THE game that started the platforming genre

Who in their right minds thinks that Prince of Persia started the platforming genre?

XSamu

Banned
Wow that trailer looked amazing. I'll be downloading this. Nice to see that this time around they're taking the "next-gen makover" shit serious.

Tailzo

pswii60 said:
THIS IS HOW SONIC SHOULD BE DONE
I agree. New Sonic games should look nice, and have old 2d gameplay.

But yeah, Prince of Persia Classic looks completely awesome in terms of graphics.

Top Bottom