• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

It was for EU PS Plus users fellow GAFfer.
And sometimes EU games come to NA a few months later (and vice versa), so maybe in August we'll see it.

... Hmm, though if that's the case I may grab Arkham Asylum just to have both Batman games on PS3. Nevermind that it's the only place with Joker levels anyway.

The_Monk

And sometimes EU games come to NA a few months later (and vice versa), so maybe in August we'll see it.

... Hmm, though if that's the case I may grab Arkham Asylum just to have both Batman games on PS3. Nevermind that it's the only place with Joker levels anyway.

I really liked to play AC fellow GAFffer, playing with CatWoman was great too. I got it before it was in the PS Plus and I can say it's a good game to play in the cold Winter (for some reason I like to play some games when they "match" the Seasons we're in).

Oh, I got both Arkham games on PC and rented and blasted through the PS3 original, though Arkham City IS sitting in my backlog.

... And with GFWL wouldn't be a bad idea to have on PS3 anyway. Just hope it shows up next month I guess, just to have the option.

I also have the AA on Steam but I've been a console player most of the time lately to be honest. It just feels good after a day when you are tired.

Eusis

I really liked to play AC fellow GAFffer, playing with CatWoman was great too. I got it before it was in the PS Plus and I can say it's a good game to play in the cold Winter (for some reason I like to play some games when they "match" the Seasons we're in).
Oh, I got both Arkham games on PC and rented and blasted through the PS3 original, though Arkham City IS sitting in my backlog.

... And with GFWL wouldn't be a bad idea to have on PS3 anyway. Just hope it shows up next month I guess, just to have the option.

CLEEK

A comparison between EU and NA plus since start of IGC

wiIzg4i.jpg

xeP2K6E.jpg

I reckon the EU destroys the US for PS3 games, where as the US has a better Vita line up.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I know this is heresy and all around here, but ... played for a bit in Deus Ex HR and not feeling it. :| Not sure what to say. May give it a try in a week or two.

Also the God of War Challenge of the Gods is ridiculously unfair. Leaping across the moving platforms and getting randomly hit by some arrow. Screw that. I nearly threw a controller and I never get upset at games. :(

I guess that will be one platinum I'll never have.

I know exactly how you feel. I had Human Revolution back in November of 2011 and played maybe 3 chapters worth and then dropped it....until it popped back up on Plus. Had way more fun with it the second time around. Once you get the hang of what type of augments you want to upgrade, you can tailor the game to your style.

Boss battles suck though. Like not fun to play at all, not even a little bit.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I know exactly how you feel. I had Human Revolution back in November of 2011 and played maybe 3 chapters worth and then dropped it....until it popped back up on Plus. Had way more fun with it the second time around. Once you get the hang of what type of augments you want to upgrade, you can tailor the game to your style.

Boss battles suck though. Like not fun to play at all, not even a little bit.
Thanks for speaking up, and thanks to you too ZenaxPure.

Reminds me a bit of Bioshock 2. I bought it when it came out originally, and never finished it. Then it came up on PS+ years later and I not only finished it, but loved it dearly. Not sure what's up there.

Like I said, I'll probably give DEHR another go later, but it wasn't clicking.

Roto13

I played some of Deus Ex Human Revoltion and found that it encouraged sneaking past people but discouraged sneaking up on people, and that was enough to turn me off. :p

lucius

That US PSN+ only list is so bad compared to EU lol
(please don't flame me)

Why would anyone flame you it is 100% true, even though US plus is still overall great deal maybe best thing in gaming right now besides EU Plus.

methane47

it took something like 12 hours to download BF3.
Took forever to install ... I finally launch the game... and what do i see?
2 GB UPDATE?! WTF?

jeezzz

Hilti92

2 GB UPDATE?! WTF?

jeezzz

I'm going to be on my 3rd day of downloading come tomorrow. Currently at 79%.. What the FUCK. I had my PS3 on for over 24 hours in that time.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
You guys are making me feel like a bad person now. I downloaded Battlefield 3 and the 2gb update, literally played for 5 minutes and deleted everything. I think I'm just burnt out on FPS games. I planned on at least messing around with single player, but I heard that wasn't so hot. I guess I'll come back to it again eventually, but I already mess around on Dust 514.

Been taking advantage of the summer sale a bit. Picked up Scott Pilgrim vs The World last night, my roommate was really digging it when I got off work. He has fallen in love with that game. Then I got bored and just decided to snag Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands.

*sigh* Why do I keep making my backlog bigger? I still haven't even finished Prince of Persia 2008...

zeroshiki

Hi!

This might be a weird question but does anyone know if you can buy a 1 year PS+ subscription from the store itself while you're still a PS+ member? The JP online store isn't letting me do it for some reason and I'd like to purchase the 1 year subscription to get it on the 1000 yen back promo.

Dunlop

2 GB UPDATE?! WTF?

jeezzz

lol I was complaining about the same thing yesterday, now that I have the game I absolutely suck at it and die ALL THE TIME in the single player campaign

I just can't get used to the DS3 for FPS ; (

My brother downloaded BF3 and started playing online. Pop up showed up in the corner just now that said 15 minutes until content expires.
hmm?

Grizzlyjin

Hi!

This might be a weird question but does anyone know if you can buy a 1 year PS+ subscription from the store itself while you're still a PS+ member? The JP online store isn't letting me do it for some reason and I'd like to purchase the 1 year subscription to get it on the 1000 yen back promo.

Hmm. Odd. You should be able to. Paying for your membership stacks, I know there are a few people around here who are already paid off for the next couple years.

JStein0222 said:
My brother downloaded BF3 and started playing online. Pop up showed up in the corner just now that said 15 minutes until content expires.
hmm?

Sounds like he downloaded the time trial version. Maybe try going to the PlayStation Store and adding the Plus version to your cart, but without downloading it. See what that does

zeroshiki

Hmm. Odd. You should be able to. Paying for your membership stacks, I know there are a few people around here who are already paid off for the next couple years.

When I go to the page in the web store, it just says "Cannot puchase, Reason: Already a member" :(

I really want to get in on that cash back promo.

Grizzlyjin

When I go to the page in the web store, it just says "Cannot puchase, Reason: Already a member" :(

I really want to get in on that cash back promo.

I don't know the details of the cash back promo, but it wouldn't shock me if there is a limitation against current members taking advantage of it. It's probably set up just to encourage new people.

Are you able to read the terms of the promo? See if there is anything written in there.

Meia

VLR is blowing my mind, and it's thanks to PS+ I'm playing it. It's also thanks to that that I bought 999 before I got this. :p

zeroshiki

I don't know the details of the cash back promo, but it wouldn't shock me if there is a limitation against current members taking advantage of it. It's probably set up just to encourage new people.

Are you able to read the terms of the promo? See if there is anything written in there.

It says that it applies to everyone, as long as you purchase a one year subscription within the specified period. It might be some weird bug in the JP store because I checked my US account and I could buy a year if I wanted to.

Yawnier

Banned
Just started the first Ratchet and Clank after having bought the Collecition for $7.50, thanks to a PS+ discount.

Fun game and its the first time I have played it in years, but man it could really do with sideways strafing when shooting the various guns like the next games in the series have.

zeroshiki

I just got off a chat with Sony support. Seems like you can't buy new PS+ subscriptions while still a member because of auto updates and stuff.

Sucks for me, oh well.

EDIT: This is for JP PSN only apparently

jvm

Gamasutra.
I just got off a chat with Sony support. Seems like you can't buy new PS+ subscriptions while still a member because of auto updates and stuff.

Sucks for me, oh well.
What? Pretty sure I put a $50 voucher on my account and purchased a new 12 months.

Joni

I reckon the EU destroys the US for PS3 games, where as the US has a better Vita line up.

SCEE hasn't released a single PSP game while the best Vita-games in the US are PSP-games. SCEE wins hands-down on both PS3 and Vita.

methane47

lol I was complaining about the same thing yesterday, now that I have the game I absolutely suck at it and die ALL THE TIME in the single player campaign

I just can't get used to the DS3 for FPS ; (

So I got to play a good 2hrs tonight
Man this game looks horrible lol the jaggies were cutting my eyes that said, I'm pretty good at the game. 1st match I was 2nd best and I've been in the top 3 ever since.

Its pretty fun but bad company seems better done so far

Withnail

UK, and I live in a major city.

I get great speeds off everything else; Netflix, Steam and itunes all give me fast speeds.

I've been downloading Battlefield 3 since last night and it's still not finished; I guess PSN just sucks where I live.

Just out of interest what DNS servers are you using on the PS3? Are you using something to get around Netflix region locking? If you are doing this chances are you will not be connecting to your nearest PSN content server, and it would explain why you see good speeds on other services.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I just realized this thread is ~100 posts away from the 20k post limit.

Who's making OT2? jvm still?
Yeah, or if someone wants to update the OP every week with the latest offers, then go ahead and speak up now so we have a plan.

My plan would be to use a modestly updated OP and continue to monitor the new thread to answer questions.

Donos

Catching up with the PS+ backlog is no easy task. I need another month with nothing good for me and i have a chance.

Already eyeing the Demon Souls Symbol in my XMB but i wanted to clear Amalur first. Problem is that this game has like 50 new quests every 10 minutes and i have the urge to clear them all first. Already feels like i'm overpowered (playing normal, lvl 19 Might build) so maybe i'm going straight to the main quests now.

Glad i have BF3 premium on PC with over 200h so i have no interest in the PS3 version.

What is the lenght of the Saints Row 3 "campaign"? In a normal playthrough way
?

I downloaded BF3, took me about 4 1/2 hours including the update. Played about an hour of the campaign which is pretty meh, but mainly wanted to try out the multi, only problem is nobody seems to be playing the launch maps anymore, will try again tonight.

Sorral

Sucks for me, oh well.

EDIT: This is for JP PSN only apparently

Did they specifically tell you that your membership had to end to be able to buy another year?

If not, try turning off PS+ auto-renewal and then see if you can buy the subscription this way. Turning off renewal shouldn't affect the membership you have right now. For some reason, I remember doing that a while back (+1 year, bad memory and US PS+) to get the option. I could be wrong now/might have been changed though.

Celegus

Yeah, or if someone wants to update the OP every week with the latest offers, then go ahead and speak up now so we have a plan.

My plan would be to use a modestly updated OP and continue to monitor the new thread to answer questions.

I was trying to think of a clever way to say that you need double the listed size to install downloaded games for the thread title, but nothing's really coming to mind.

fenners

Catching up with the PS+ backlog is no easy task. I need another month with nothing good for me and i have a chance.

Already eyeing the Demon Souls Symbol in my XMB but i wanted to clear Amalur first. Problem is that this game has like 50 new quests every 10 minutes and i have the urge to clear them all first. Already feels like i'm overpowered (playing normal, lvl 19 Might build) so maybe i'm going straight to the main quests now.
?

That's the problem with Amalur if you do the side-quests, you can get incredibly overpowered. I reached a point about midway where I just ignored them almost completely because of the power issue & the sheer amount of them. Just do the main quest line & the "Faction" side quest storylines because they're the most interesting in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom