• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys: Memories of Celceta Limited Edition announced

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/2...ceta-limited-edition-with-cloth-map-and-more/

ZJbdqCPl.jpg

Xseed will release a limited edition version of Ys: Memories of Celceta, Falcom’s action RPG for the PlayStation Vita. Titled the “Silver Anniversary Edition,” this version of the game will come with a bunch of bonus items when it releases alongside the standard version this holiday.

The limited edition of Ys: Memories of Celceta will include a 3-CD collection of music spanning the entire Ys franchise, a cloth map of the lands of Celceta, a compass emblazoned with a logo, and “Adol’s Travel Journal,” which contains strategies and art work for the game.

The standard version of Ys: Memories of Celceta will cost $40, while the limited edition will cost $60. The game is a re-imagining of Ys IV, with changes to the game’s story and more. Xseed have not announced a release date for the RPG yet.

Looking forward to seeing the contents of those CDs.

Comments about the music CDs from Wyrdwad on XSEED's forums:

We're talking just under four hours of Ys music, both OST and arranged, with no tracks duplicated from any of our previously-released musical selections CDs (save for "Rush Out" from Ys Seven, where we're including the full version on this set as opposed to the short version on the Ys Seven Musical Selections CD).

Every Ys game is represented. Disc 1 will contain tracks, both OST and arranged, from Ys I, II, III and Felghana, disc 2 from Ys IV, V and Celceta, and disc 3 from Ys VI, Seven and Origin.

creid

Dammit, I'm going to lose my 2-day shipping by reordering this. Day 1, frothing demand, etc. etc.

Yet another collector edition that won't be released in Europe. I had no idea when I purchased the Vita that most of my games would have to end up being imports.

Embryon

Neo Member
If you guys are interested in hearing more about the three-disc CD set that's going to be included in the game, or want to learn about some obscure Falcom games, we just recorded an episode of Rhythm Encounter (RPGFan's music podcast) with Tom Lipschultz of XSEED. The episode will be going up on Wednesday.

Here's the preliminary news story: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2013/1686.html

Rhythm Encounter: iTunes | RSS

deimian86

Banned
Persona 4 Golden Solid Gold, Ragnarok Oddysey Limited Edition, Ys Celceta Limited Edtion... and fucking stupid Square-Enix and his "we are a lot bigger than Atlus and Falcom etc. together but we don't know if FFX-HD and X-2 are gonna have a physical release on PSVita because we are morons".

Hmm if previous titles are to be followed I shouldnt be in a rush to get this before a Vita. I still see the LEs for both PSP Ys titles.

Famassu

Persona 4 Golden Solid Gold, Ragnarok Oddysey Limited Edition, Ys Celceta Limited Edtion... and fucking stupid Square-Enix and his "we are a lot bigger than Atlus and Falcom etc. together but we don't know if FFX-HD and X-2 are gonna have a physical release on PSVita because we are morons".
They obviously can't fit the two massive JRPGs on one game card and that causes some problems (of course an ignorant answer would be "just put two inside one Vita case, but AFAIK those game cards cost quite a lot, so it might make the decision harder, and releasing them separately would cause other problems). That doesn't make them stupid, they are just probably trying to figure out what's their best option.

A couple things.

1. Already got the game preoredered. LOVED YS 7, so I am hoping for more of that.

2. Is the released date locked in?

3. Can this be preordered from anywhere yet?

Top Bottom