• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

MormaPope

Banned
GAF OT effect. Overloaded.

I've noticed it's been down for me too

Makes me wonder if they're beefing up something. Usually when a supported Social Club game is played its added to a person's profile, stat checking and all that. If a journalist plays GTA V and has a Social Club account, an accidental post of GTA V stats and such would be a big goof up.

They appear pretty often going by my experience with Max Payne 3's impending and subsequent release. Just keep trying.

Social club has been extremely stable for a while now, something is borked on their end.

squared

Wait, wait, wait, people have been saying they "have the game" for days now, why would this "pirate group" be telling the truth?

Sounds fishy! Not saying WarrenMax is making things up or anything, but I'm sure other people are.

bidguy

Banned
Well they decide on next week for release, I don't see the problem.
The pirates are the problem.

sorry i should have worded it better

im talking about rockstar forcing retailers to hold off copies until september 16. theres no way my copy arrives here on time for release if amazon doesnt dispatch it earlier like they always do normally.

takes 2 days for the mail to arrive

Dug

Banned
Real or Fake?

seVZzhB.jpg

You decide.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Pirates shoulda taken the PS3 version. No 2nd Disk.

Everytime, people just yell fake. But I haven't seen that angle in any released footage.

Wait, wait, wait, people have been saying they "have the game" for days now, why would this "pirate group" be telling the truth?

Sounds fishy! Not saying WarrenMax is making things up or anything, but I'm sure other people are.

Thing is i don't know the source, but i have the quote.
I won't say it's real or fake, because i just don't know. If it's real and they are really have the game we'll see it very soon.

Uh what. The PC version is not even the one being pirated. All games are pirated on every system.

The PS3 is by far the least favorable system to pirate on because of the cost of blu ray discs and burners. The 360 has become relatively easy because of the cheap format and the PC. Well.. The PC has pretty much always been pirating heaven.

antitrop

Ah. To be fair we didn't really know much about 4 before it came out and that's why a lot of us were blindsided by how bad it was, me included.

With everything they've revealed about 5 and how much it has that 4 didn't I find it impossible that it won't be more fun and a stronger game. That's why I feel so comfortable saying that. It's guaranteed.
I agree, V is almost a guaranteed better game than IV.

Unlike you, though, I think IV is one of the better games of the generation.

squared

Thing is i don't know the source, but i have the quote.
I won't say it's real or fake, because i just don't know. If it's real and they are really have the game we'll see it very soon.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that whoever said/wrote that they had it is probably another liar, I mean there's probably hundreds of people by now who've claimed they have it (if we count all screen fakes etc) :p

I mean sure, it'll for sure leak before the 17th, but probably not this soon.. ? Meh, what do I know! The place I preordered from have always delivered games the day before, so I'm hoping this won't be any different, and that it comes on Monday!

RealMeat

Banned
This is one of the reasons why I do not blame Rockstar not to release this on the PC from the get go. It is valuable money these days.

I blame them for not talking about a PC version. Kinda seems like they're trying to trick people into double dipping.

Am I allowed to post quote about GTA V being pirated? If not, please delete this post.
I took that quote from my country's site, but i guess source is GTAForums.

Quote is:
Okay guys, finally we got a copy of the game. But there have appeared a problem, seems that Rockstar immersed a new protection in disk 2. We have failed compiling a working img file due to some checks on the first layer as we invistigated(Xbox was unable to read). Our team is working on it.. All that concerning disk 1 img it is playable with licensed disk 2. More news after 6PM

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
sorry i should have worded it better

im talking about rockstar forcing retailers to hold off copies until september 16. theres no way my copy arrives here on time for release if amazon doesnt dispatch it earlier like they always do normally.

takes 2 days for the mail to arrive

Amazon are dispatching it on the 14th despite R*s request.

great the fucking pirates can play the game a week early. in the meantime rockstar forces legitimate buyers to wait.

Piracy and buying games are not mutually exclusive.

The PS3 is by far the least favorable system to pirate on because of the cost of blu ray discs and burners. The 360 has become relatively easy because of the cheap format and the PC. Well.. The PC has pretty much always been pirating heaven.

From what I understand, PS3 piracy tends to lean towards playing isos, not burning blu-rays.

Pirates download a game so they can play it for free, not because the game is leaked earlier.

This is not necessarily always the case, but that's a debate for another thread.

Some pirate group has the game now. They said that second disk has some new type of protection, so they can't leak it right now, but they are working on it, leaks incoming.

['IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibdXhHV51F7NCP.gif[/IMG]

Sounds like BS. Although it's obviously only a matter of time.

great the fucking pirates can play the game a week early. in the meantime rockstar forces legitimate buyers to wait.

Yeah like any other game, how dare they keep their release date because games leak all the time.

Derrick01

Banned
This is one of the reasons why I do not blame Rockstar not to release this on the PC from the get go. It is valuable money these days.

If they made a PC version and made it steamworks it wouldn't leak until the game released officially. It's always the 360 version that ends up being pirated a week or two early.

But of course even if there was a PC version they would choose to use their own social club garbage.

Afrodium

Banned
GAF you lied to me. According to PS+ FAQ

When will my pre-order begin downloading?
If auto-download is enabled, your pre-order will start downloading on the expected download date. If you have disabled auto-download, you will need to manually download your pre-order.

So the pre-order will automatically start downloading. I almost had to pre-order at gamestop because GAF
ok, one guy on GAF
said it won't auto-start.

That was me! Two Sony customer service reps told me that. May or may not be true, but that's what I was told.

Also, that info is from the UK PS+ FAQ. I haven't found anything from the US that says the same information. Since PSN in the US doesn't cancel preorders, I'm stuck with it whether is auto-downloads or not. Guess I'll be waking up in the middle of the night to make sure it starts!

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
If they made a PC version and made it steamworks it wouldn't leak until the game released officially. It's always the 360 version that ends up being pirated a week or two early.

But of course even if there was a PC version they would choose to use their own social club garbage.

Is there a reason the PS3 version doesn't leak?

You really think Rockstar cares if the game leaks a week early? That is probably not why they are not going to release a PC version this year, but more because of the fact that PC gamers tend to pirate more and that it has a smaller install base. Besides.. You gotta love the money Sony is handing to them for the marketing of it.

Implying you need a blu ray disc or burner to play a pirated PS3 game... which you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom