• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario 3D World new pics

Nintendo have nailed the visuals, I remember crap on here a few years back saying Nintendo games didn't require better specs, think these shots justify it.
Sometimes I think Nintendo forgets (or doesn't realize) that most other developers can't do this sort of thing.

95978_Co-Op_Play_05.jpg

Going to enjoy playing around with the throwing mechanic in multiplayer. Hopefully there are plenty of tricks to pull off.

guess Wii u is decent power. that looks pretty damn good. i'll have to buy a Wii U when it hits 99 dollars or whatever to play this, xenoblade 2 and the new zelda :)

Darn that is looking good, I really loved 3D Land so I'm excited to try this one out. That Christmasy looking shot is perhaps my favorite.

Christopher

I didn't want to like this game but I am...

The resentness in me is that it took staff from what would have been an epic open world Mario game.

However, if this can be a supplement/third pillar I could appreciate it much more

Im torn between getting this or A Link Between Worlds. Why do they have to come out on the same day :(( I'm a much bigger Zelda fan than I am a Mario fan but this game just looks like pure joy. That an we always have a big family party on Thanksgiving and we always end up playing multiplayer games(Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and especially Nintendo Land last year) I kinda want to bring this game for my whole family to enjoy on Thanksgiving. Someone give me 100$ Hahaha.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Im torn between getting this or A Link Between Worlds. Why do they have to come out on the same day :(( I'm a much bigger Zelda fan than I am a Mario fan but this game just looks like pure joy. That an we always have a big family party on Thanksgiving and we always end up playing multiplayer games(Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and especially Nintendo Land last year) I kinda want to bring this game for my whole family to enjoy on Thanksgiving. Someone give me 100$ Hahaha.

sell some old games and get both man, you know you want it!

Trike

So that's three levels we've seen with beheaded Goombas (I think). I suppose it prevents enemies from attacking you, but why should Mario protect himself (by disguising) from Goombas?

I say they're beheaded because the jaw is down like it's fucking dead. Fuck, Mario got dark! :p

Their jaws are always like that. Though Mario's power-ups are known to be made of the skins of his enemies/friendly animals.

RagnarokX

So that's three levels we've seen with beheaded Goombas (I think). I suppose it prevents enemies from attacking you, but why should Mario protect himself (by disguising) from Goombas?

I say they're beheaded because the jaw is down like it's fucking dead. Fuck, Mario got dark! :p

I'm preeetty sure the level where Mario is outside the Japanese castle with the goomba head is the same level as the one where he's inside the Japanese castle with the goomba head.

Perhaps if you get spotted the goombas hit a button that seals off access to the green stars.

sell some old games and get both man, you know you want it!
I never sell old games anymore, everytime I've done so I always regret it. Sometime down the road I always replay them and they stil hold value for me. I can afford one game for sure, but I definitely want both. Sigh. Might get this game just for the Thanksgiving party and hold off on Zelda for a few weeks.

HoJu

probably a stealth mission. in a Mario game. stealth in a Mario game.
did Aonuma visit the Tokyo building and give them tips or something because this is straight up dumb.

love how the screenshots are so zoomed in to make it look more SM64 esque. The actual game has the camera zoomed out by default and plays like an isometric game

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
God Dammit Nintendo, I was all ready to not have to buy a Wii U. :|

love how the screenshots are so zoomed in to make it look more SM64 esque. The actual game has the camera zoomed out by default and plays like an isometric game

Except for the part where you can control the camera in single player and many games have released screens from angles not possible in regular play.

Greenzxy

I am sure I am in the minority here, but I honestly prefer the look of 3D land:

tumblr_ltp27yfa4U1qzpbds.jpg

3D world looks too plastic-y for my tastes. I also think the 3D effect in 3D land adds a lot to the experience, and 3D world not having it is a big minus.

*hugs 3D land cart*

Yea, don't get me wrong. 3D World has some pretty effects and all, but the way they used lighting was better in 3D Land. The light was very ambient in that game and it fit well with the Mario style.

LocalE

Not next-gen quality by any means, but it at least shows a real improvement over the Wii, which last year's game failed to do.

This is probably the bit where someone offers you a picture of a pair of glasses or suggests that you might want to get your eyes checked, I think.

I won't do that, but I will note that if you didn't think Nintendo Land or Zombi U were a demonstration of obvious improvement over the Wii, I just have no idea how the world must look to you. No accounting for perception.

edit: I see that "game" in your post is not plural, so you probably mean NSMBU. Which I think does show some improvement from the Wii version, but admittedly you have to actually look at it a bit. It's not so obvious.

Top Bottom