• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 Tablets/Laptops/Laplets Cross Shopping Thread of Most Confusing Launch |OT|

thanks for that. Bah. For me it's a toss up between this and the venue 8 pro. The transformer looks like better value for everything you get overall, but the venue 8 pro is attractive in terms of size and all that. Both at great prices. And yeah I'm stuck waiting for the reviews too. Thought there'd be more by now but I guess sites had to buy theirs like everyone else?
Yeah, you'd think these manufacturers would try to get these sites product so they could give reviews for the release.

Here is another preview for the Asus T100, this time a video unboxing:

http://youtu.be/yGQySQ1JFnQ

The reviewer is bringing the tablet with him to the Nokia World show and will review it after having some extensive time with it.

Yeah, you'd think these manufacturers would try to get these sites product so they could give reviews for the release.

Here is another preview for the Asus T100, this time a video unboxing:

http://youtu.be/yGQySQ1JFnQ

The reviewer is bringing the tablet with him to the Nokia World show and will review it after having some extensive time with it.
good video.

I think I'm leaning toward the venue 8 pro though. I like all that the asus comes with and the fact that it can pull off being a semi hybrid better despite being atom. But I love the form factor of my ipad mini and I think 8 inches works just fine as a tablet for consumption that you can do more on, and the 8 inch size is perfectly holdable in the hand. That one seems a bit much for me personally.

The T100 does look like a better Surface RT to me though. Not hardware build wise or anything but value wise. Choices choices. Can't decide. I'm probably going to get the Venue 8 Pro and then 3 weeks later Samsung will announce their own 8 inch that will be better than everyone elses and the same price. I know it lol. But time to just bite the bullet. Have time for now because estimated ship date on Dell's site is November 19th....I don't think so lol. Will wait till more retailers have it or something.

maeh2k

As expected, Apple went Retina for the iPad Mini. Now all new 8" Windows 8 tablets seem outdated compared to both the iPad and competing Android tablets, while at the same time being not much cheaper than an iPad and more expensive than e.g. the Nexus 7.
Maybe they'll get it right next year...

tino

Banned
As expected, Apple went Retina for the iPad Mini. Now all new 8" Windows 8 tablets seem outdated compared to both the iPad and competing Android tablets, while at the same time being not much cheaper than an iPad and more expensive than e.g. the Nexus 7.

They were outdated compare to all the major Android tablets anyway.

edit: Da fuck the high re iPad Mini is 400 bux?! I will pick up a cheap W8 tablet for sure.

They were outdated compare to all the major Android tablets anyway.

edit: Da fuck the high re iPad Mini is 400 bux?! I will pick up a cheap W8 tablet for sure.

That is insane paying $400 for an iPad Mini instead of $300 for a Windows 8 tablet that comes with so much more stuff. Especially if you buy the iPads with more memory that is especially crazy. In terms of tablet apps iOS is not even that far ahead of Windows 8 in the app count and I fully expect Windows 8 store to surpass iPad in app count in the next few years.

I think they got the whole thing backwards on the Windows side though. The 8" Windows tablets should be running on ARM and the 10" Windows tablets should be running Bay Trail. An 8" machine is not for productivity and so the lack of desktop won't matter as much. A 10" machine can be productive when matched with a keyboard/stylus so should be Intel based.

Intel improved the Atom processors significantly over last year yet they effectively lowered the resolution for most Bay Trail devices. Almost all Windows Atom tablets are 720p while the ARM tablets are 1080p. At least they got the aspect ratio and orientation right on the 8" tablets. 16:10 portrait looks so much better.

Okay, so some more Asus T100 reviews:

http://www.goldfries.com/hardware-reviews/asus-transformer-book-t100-2-in-1-notebook-tablet-review/
http://techreport.com/review/25537/asus-transformer-book-t100-convertible-notebook-reviewed

This is a pretty detailed preview: http://hothardware.com/Reviews/HandsOn-ASUS-Transformer-Book-T100TA-Bay-Trail-Tablet/

And there is unconfirmed reports that an Upcoming ASUS Transformer Book T100 model to sport 500GB hard drive?
ASUS announced the Transformer Book T100 convertible Windows 8.1 tablet as coming with either 32GB or 64GB of onboard storage. Expansion comes in the form of microSD cards. This may leave those wanting more storage capacity yearning for more. They may be in luck as it appears that ASUS has at least one more still-unannounced T100 model planned.

The ASUS Transformer Book T100TA-DK005H appears much like the current 32GB model except for one interesting difference: ASUS has added a 500GB 5400RPM hard drive to the keyboard dock. The idea appears to be that docking the tablet into the keyboard means more serious work is planned along with a greater need for storage.

The ASUS Transformer Book T100TA-DK005H is already available for pre-order at French online retailer RueDuCommerce for €449 (about CA$630 or US$615), a pricey upgrade over the current 32GB model. It shows an availability date of December 1.

There is no official word about this model from ASUS, let alone confirmed availability and pricing details.

Been looking for Dell Venue 8 Pro reviews or even previews, but nothing out yet.

NomarTyme

Why no reviews on the Dell Pro 8? make no goddamn sense. They debut this 3 weeks ago and nothing!

If you want to spend the extra hundreds dollar on the mini Retina its up your alley.

maeh2k

Looks like Windows OEMs are continuing their fail-streak. Dell will reportedly launch the Venue Pro 8 in Germany on November 19 for 399 Euros -- compared to 299 Dollars in the US. And that's without the stylus and the case. The 64GB 3G version will probably cost 599 Euros. (edit: link with prices in German: http://www.tabtech.de/windows/dell-venue-8-pro-11-pro-erste-euro-preise-neue-bilder-und-informationen-aus-italien and http://techhive.de/dell-venue-8-pro-kommt-19-november-ab-399-euro-nach-deutschland-232839299/)

Nice try, Dell, but you can keep it. Also, the Nokia Lumia 2520 won't launch in Germany this year. Guess they can keep that as well.

I might have to look at the Nexus 7, since Google seem to be the only ones who can offer a decent, affordable tablet these days...

maeh2k

I'm still unsure what size tablet would be ideal for me. I'm not sure if a smaller 7-8" tablet would be sufficient for reading regular .pdf ebooks, since with those .pdf ebooks every page if fixed and there are margins on the side of the text.

Could someone maybe try looking at the following ebook on their 7-8" tablet? http://www.albahari.com/threading/threading.pdf

Does it look good/readable to you? Or does it get too small so that you have to pan and zoom?

Milchjon

Looks like Windows OEMs are continuing their fail-streak. Dell will reportedly launch the Venue Pro 8 in Germany on November 19 for 399 Euros -- compared to 299 Dollars in the US. And that's without the stylus and the case. The 64GB 3G version will probably cost 599 Euros. (edit: link with prices in German: http://www.tabtech.de/windows/dell-venue-8-pro-11-pro-erste-euro-preise-neue-bilder-und-informationen-aus-italien and http://techhive.de/dell-venue-8-pro-kommt-19-november-ab-399-euro-nach-deutschland-232839299/)

Nice try, Dell, but you can keep it. Also, the Nokia Lumia 2520 won't launch in Germany this year. Guess they can keep that as well.

I might have to look at the Nexus 7, since Google seem to be the only ones who can offer a decent, affordable tablet these days...

Man, fuck that.

kitch9

Banned

Jesus how the funniest fuck can that be justified?

tino

Banned
I'm still unsure what size tablet would be ideal for me. I'm not sure if a smaller 7-8" tablet would be sufficient for reading regular .pdf ebooks, since with those .pdf ebooks every page if fixed and there are margins on the side of the text.

Could someone maybe try looking at the following ebook on their 7-8" tablet? http://www.albahari.com/threading/threading.pdf

Does it look good/readable to you? Or does it get too small so that you have to pan and zoom?

They look fine even on a 5.5" phone, I don't need to zoom in.

It's just text, you don't need 1080p.

tino

Banned
I am thinking about picking up a iPad mini (gen1) 3G refub on Apple for $360. But I need to confirm the new TMobile free 200mb plan will work on it. If it does then its a good deal.

iPad mini 2 is too expensive. The 3G model cost 200 more.

Zeknurn

Look like some already getting the Dell Venue Pro early at Walmart, but they didn't had the stylus in stock(which I was hoping for!). Dude is playing Civi 5 on a 8 inch tablet. lulz.

I went through the thread and grabbed all the impressions. It seems like a solid device and by having video out via usb it fixes my main issue with it.

• The display is good, in fact better feeling than I thought given the relatively low resolution. The stylus is shipped but hasn't arrived yet.
  • Ice Storm Extreme score is 8684. [Nexus 7 7061]
  • It is light! It feels like the 2013 version of the Nexus 7 actually. The screen is way better then the Acer W3's.
  • Yeah, it seems to be pushing 1920x1080 just fine through a DisplayLink adapter from StarTech.
  • I also have 12.3 GB free out of the box. A micro USB port is on the side and the windows button is on the top. Kind of odd haha.
  • The build quality is good. If you've ever felt the new Nexus 7, it basically feels the exact same. The back is rubbery and it is very thin. Had a tiny bit of light bleed on the bottom of the screen but nothing out of the ordinary for an IPS display.
  • Oh, I also had most of the Clover Trail tablets. You can definitely tell that there is a speed difference between those and this one. Bay Trail looks promising so far! No more stutters while surfing or anything like that. Everything is fluid and fast.
  • Yeah. This generation is Atom in name only. The feel is so much better...
  • The cable is very short...I would guess around 4 feet.
  • I had the Acer W3 so I'm used to the 8 inch form factor. I actually like it a lot. It's amazing how much it can do even though it is so small. The actual tablet is much lighter than the W3 and that also helps. Some of the icons can be hard to click on but with scaling improvements in 8.1, it isn't so bad. The screen is really nice with wide viewing angles so that also helps. Once the pen comes and if it works, this tablet will become amazing. Imagine inking on OneNote in an 8 inch form factor while running other x86 programs in the background. It's pretty cool. I read a lot of medical books and having a light tablet that I can read and annotate with is very exciting. We shall see on Monday!

By the way, Civ 5 is installing via Steam haha. I REALLY think this test will be a bust, although some benchmarks peg this processor as competitive with the Ivy Bridge i3 in the x202E.
  • Didn't think you'd ever see Civ 5 playing on an 8 inch tablet did you? =) Works well!! I used low settings for everything with 1280 x 800 resolution.
  • It gets VERY warm near the bottom where the CPU is but other than slightly slow turns, it plays Civ 5 like a champ! This is awesome!!
    [Frame rate is in the teens but it doesn't matter with Civ. The processor seems to handle the background tasks pretty well early in the game. Later on I'm not so sure. I do have other games but I am about to run out of space on this HDD ugh. I'm curious to see how Starcraft 2 plays on it. DiRT 2 will probably play well too. Civ 5 is just more fun because it is optimized for touch.]
  • Problem...the tablet does not recognize non-powered external hard drives...ugh! Flash drives work though...this is like the TPT2 all over again

HmLbLOF.jpg

ZZsgUVi.jpg

m0vDo4x.jpg

3DFguTc.jpg

VWwcTYt.jpg

I personally find Nexus 7 way too small for PDF and non-mobile website. I have gen1 Nexus 7 and let just said I won't be getting another Nexus after I get rid of this one.

NomarTyme

Here is a indepth look from a member of wpcentral forum.
Packaging:
Dell isn't going to win any rewards with the packaging. While it isn't unpleasant, nothing about the white slipcover screams interesting, exciting or note worthy. It blends into the sea of tablets and computers that have followed in Apple's shoes regarding the mostly white packaging. The front and back shows the tablet's appearance while listing some features and specs. Once you slide off the cover, you reveal a lightly-colored cardboard box with a very basic white tablet design and Dell logo. If the cover didn't exist, the packaging would be slightly more unique. Upon opening, the Venue 8 Pro is wrapped in typical plastic shielding that most tablets come in.

packaging.jpg

Included Accessories:
3-foot USB cord and power adapter. Must I say much more?

Optional Accessories:
Dell offers a keyboard, case and active stylus on their website. I do not currently own any of them, though the stylus certainly is intriguing to me. If I buy any of them, I certainly will update this section.

Design:
While looking at the tablet, you feel...nothing. It is a rather plain black rectangle with rounded corners. The side bezels are about 1/3 as big as the top and bottom bezel. On the front upper right, you can see the front-facing camera and some type of notification light. I am not sure what exactly the light is for considering it doesn't light up when I get emails. It also doesn't operate like a typical HDD light on a desktop or an always lit up "On" light. It does light up when using the camera, but I can't fathom that being the only use.

The back includes the 5mp camera in an ever-so-slight hump, silver plastic (I assume) Dell logo and a grey "intel inside" logo (thankfully it isn't a sticker). It is textured with with a circular ridge pattern that provides some needed grippage. No grippage isn't in the dictionary.

packaging1.jpg

The top edge contains the "Start" button and the headphone jack. I quickly discovered that the "Start" button is next to useless. In portrait mode, I find moving my hand to the top to be more motion than a basic operation should require. In landscape, I had to bend my index finger more than I wanted on a repeated basis. Swiping from the right and tapping "start" is more comfortable and quicker. The left edge is blank. The bottom edge contains a service number sticker and a speaker grill. The right edge has the micro USB charging port, power button, volume rocker and micro SDcard slot. The USB port is in an awkward location right next to the power and volume rocker. When charging and using the tablet, it blocks the natural motion of your finger to those buttons. Also, the cover on the card slot is harder to remove with your hands then it should be, though it won't be something your messing with too often.

Screen:
Venue 8 Pro's screen does a fantastic job, even if the 1280 by 800 resolution doesn't exactly sound amazing. Everything appears to be crisp, even text in desktop mode. Images and videos are displayed wonderfully. Is it quite as crisp as the newest Nexus 7? No, but you will not begin to notice the difference unless you are using both at the same time. Viewing angles are up to par with any tablet I have owned, not losing much color or brightness even at the highest angle. Contrast is very solid, though I wouldn't mind the blacks to be darker. Brightness is plenty once you turn off "Adaptive brightness." Responsiveness and accuracy provides a great user experience. In desktop mode, hitting small objects with my finger was fairly easy, just as good or better than tablets like the Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 7 2012 and Fire HD. I also never felt like I was waiting for objects to move when dragging my finger.

Sound:
Initially I noticed the single speaker grill, and I had flashbacks of tablets of days past in which volume sound and quality was mocked even by smartphones from a few years ago. I then turned on a few Youtube videos to find the sound volume and clarity to be quite acceptable. It doesn't have much bass, but does any tablet? There also isn't going to be any illusion of stereo/surround sound. If you want this, grab your headphones.

Cameras:
I'm not a camera snob, but, well...they are pretty bad. I have yet to use a tablet that took pictures worthy of even Facebook. All I will say is use your phone, considering most newer smartphones have pretty good cameras.

Performance/Heat/Battery:
This isn't the netbook Atom processor from 2007. It also isn't the sluggish Tegra 3 processor that haunted the Surface RT. This is a quad-core Atom looking to improve it's reputation. The Dell Venue 8 Pro is able to easily handle any metro app I have used up to this point. I can switch between browser tabs with ease, both desktop and metro versions. Controlling snap view doesn't slow down performance either.

I just opened and switched between Youtube playing a video, The Verge website, WPCentral website, MS Word, the Store installing Halo, Skype and desktop version of Chrome without any slowdown or loading delays. Color me impressed. It also hasn't felt like the 2gb of RAM is holding it back. I wanted to test play Halo: Spartan Assault but something with the game didn't agree with the resolution. It looked and acted like a jumbled mess.

The device had some warmth to it when doing some more processor and SSD hungry things, but never got hot. At no point did I think I would need to put it down do to the device being uncomfortable. With this my first fanless, intel-based device, I was glad this never became an issue.

I have never been able to tell battery life on devices well considering my consumption habits change all the time. I will say this though: it feels like I am getting just as good or better life than other tablets of similar size. Dell states 8 to 10 hours, though I am sure I keep my screen brighter than when they tested this. No matter what the actual number is, it is long enough to compete with the less functional ARM based OSes.

Windows 8.1:
I could write an entire review on the OS itself, but you can already find a million of those across the internet. I will cover some quick points though. It is easily navigated in an all touch environment like the Venue 8 Pro. 95% of things the average consumer does with a tablet can be done extremely easily in Metro view. This being the case, I still am very glad to have a desktop and FULL Windows. The ability to install other browsers is a big enough reason to go Windows 8 vs RT. This should also allow companies to adopt devices like the Venue 8 Pro considering they can use old software until more touch friendly versions are created.

Snap view on devices less than 1080p can only have 2 apps open at once. This doesn't bother me considering any more would make the screen way too busy. Microsoft added a new feature when opening a new app while already having two apps open in snap view. The new app's logo appears in the center of the screen and waits for you to touch which app you want to replace. Not automatically replacing an app is one of those small design changes that makes me love 8.1 every time I use it.

Venue 8 Pro also comes with the Home & Student version of Office. Microsoft is currently working on a more touch friendly version which will be very welcomed. That said, I hope that it is just a optional view and not a replacement. To start using it, you do have to activate the software by entering the product key. I wish this was done automatically, though far from a deal breaker.

When upgrading my desktop to Windows 8.1 to 8, I was presented with a few tips on how to use the OS. When first starting with this Dell, I didn't get those same helps. I'm not sure why, but these need to be there to help your average consumer.

My single biggest complaint revolves around settings. While many of the basic settings can be altered using PC Settings, too often I find myself going into the old-school Control Panel to get the heavy lifting down. All settings should be available in both touch and click environments, with the typical control panel being hidden on devices like this.

One issue I had out of the gate was a watermark appearing on my desktop that said "SecureBoot isn't configured correctly". These are one of those things that shouldn't happen on a brand new device. I am not sure if it is a wide spread problem, but I'll bet I'm not alone. After about an hour of frustration, I was able to find a solution. I created a thread this thread to help others: Fixing "SecureBoot isn't configured correctly" watermark issue.

Should you buy?
To me, the only advantage iPads and Android tablets have compared to Windows 8 tablets is touch-based apps, which mostly center around consumption activities. The Dell Venue 8 Pro can stand on its own just fine in every category besides touch based games. Are you most interested in playing the latest fad game? Get an iPad or Android tablet. Want a tablet to do anything else? Jump on the Venue 8 Pro when you can, esp. with the $299 price tag. It won't blow you away with sexy good looks, but it will allow you to do what you want quickly, easily and enjoyably.
I swear I wish that the fucking Venue 8 had a Transformer like keyboard. It would totally be mine. Ugh.
The keyboard would be so cramp though.

Okay, so some more Asus T100 stuff.

More Reviews:
MobileTech Review (Here is their Video Review)

An article stating: "Don't Buy a Microsoft Surface, Buy This Instead"

And More Videos of the tablet in action.

ASUS Transformer Book T100 Gaming Demo - Intel Bay Trail Z3740Video showcases League of Legends, Counterstrike, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and GTA: San Andreas.

These next videos are from a gamer with the tablet demoing a whole bunch of games. The videos are about 1:00-3:00 long, so they are not a chore to sit through:
Playing Diablo 3
Playing Minecraft
Playing Starcraft 2
Playing DOTA 2
Playing Team Fortress 2
Playing Counterstrike: Global Offensive
Playing Fifa '14
Playing Crysis
Playing CoD4: MW
Playing Trine 2
Playing Civ 5
Playing Half Life 2
Playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Playing Far Cry 2
Playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
Playing League of Legends
Playing Bastion
Playing Torchlight
Playing Tony Hawk HD
Playing Fallout 3
Playing Flatout 2
Playing Legend of Grimrock

Also Playing Dolphin Wii emulator Mario Kart / New Super mario bros

General consensus: Most games run fine, not great. Almost all games ran under the lowest settings possible. A few on medium and one was on high. Most games averaged between 20-30 fps. Older/less graphically intensive games ran higher. A few ran closer to 10-15 fps, understandably. If you keep your expectations in check and 60 fps is not your bare minimum to playing PC games, you will probably be surprised at how smooth some of these games run (with the exception of the Dolphin emulator, which ran very poorly).

Lastly, the same guy doing the gaming videos did an Asus T100 Bay Trail Overview and Speed video, just to show off some general usage and how fast and efficient it is.

Lots for you guys to chew over.

maeh2k

Fucking Lenovo...

I love the Thinkpad Yoga. In my opinion, it's the most interesting device on the horizon and I'd take it over the Surface Pro 2. But not only will the version with digitizer be priced out of my budget, but now they are saying the version with digitizer will only arrive in January... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzxBkdH4ZQ

Rengoku

Fucking Lenovo...

I love the Thinkpad Yoga. In my opinion, it's the most interesting device on the horizon and I'd take it over the Surface Pro 2. But not only will the version with digitizer be priced out of my budget, but now they are saying the version with digitizer will only arrive in January... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzxBkdH4ZQ

What's the price point for the Thinkpad Yoga with Digitizer? Definitely interested in that.

maeh2k

What's the price point for the Thinkpad Yoga with Digitizer? Definitely interested in that.

I'm not entirely sure which configurations will get the digitizer, but if you want the digitizer (which comes only with the Full HD anti-glare display) and 8 GB of RAM (which comes only with the most expensive Core i7 option), then the price will be 1600 to 1800 Dollars/Euros.

maeh2k

Rumor is Lenovo will also launch a Thinkpad branded 8" tablet in December (with the bigger Thinkpad Tablet 3 following next April). If that's true, than I hope the 8" one won't be priced as high as the Thinkpad Tablet 3 was and that it won't look as tacky as the Miix 2. The only way I can see them differentiate another 8" Baytrail tablet from the Miix 2 is with a digitizer and a nicer design.

tino

Banned
Rumor is Lenovo will also launch a Thinkpad branded 8" tablet in December (with the bigger Thinkpad Tablet 3 following next April). If that's true, than I hope the 8" one won't be priced as high as the Thinkpad Tablet 3 was and that it won't look as tacky as the Miix 2. The only way I can see them differentiate another 8" Baytrail tablet from the Miix 2 is with a digitizer and a nicer design.

Well the Miix2 is taking up the low end slot, I have low hope the 8" Tablet 3 will be cheap.

maeh2k

Well the Miix2 is taking up the low end slot, I have low hope the 8" Tablet 3 will be cheap.

They could still make a better designed one with a digitizer for $400. That's 33% more and would almost seem appropriately priced. Any more than that is way too much.

tino

Banned
They could still make a better designed one with a digitizer for $400. That's 33% more and would almost seem appropriately priced. Any more than that is way too much.

What will happen is Lenovo with sell it with a keyboard for 599 and I will say fuck it and get a 3G iPad mini 2.

Wiktor

I doubt they will release a cheap Thinkpad tablet. Even with them widening the brand it's still reserved for higher end stuff.

Still waiting on the UK price for the Dell Venue 8 Pro.

If it's substantially more expensive than the US version, I might try to import it instead.

Kiraly

Man, I can't decide whether to buy the Transformer T100.

I know the value of it is great, and the only thing holding me back really is the small screen estate (and maybe the resolution).

Will use it for my three years in uni for some note taking and writing documents, and watching netflix at home on the couch.

I know writing papers will be an ass on the small keyboard, but I have a desktop for the more heavier work.

I can't decide whether to buy this or wait for either the Venue 11 Pro (which has a marginally bigger screen but higher resolution, but will be way more expensive in Europe) or buy an expensive ultrabook (Vaio Pro 13, most likely. Don't know whether it would be worth it though)

tino

Banned
Man, I can't decide whether to buy the Transformer T100.

I know the value of it is great, and the only thing holding me back really is the small screen estate (and maybe the resolution).

Will use it for my three years in uni for some note taking and writing documents, and watching netflix at home on the couch.

I know writing papers will be an ass on the small keyboard, but I have a desktop for the more heavier work.

I can't decide whether to buy this or wait for either the Venue 11 Pro (which has a marginally bigger screen but higher resolution, but will be way more expensive in Europe) or buy an expensive ultrabook (Vaio Pro 13, most likely. Don't know whether it would be worth it though)

Are you in the US? Get a model thats on sale in Black Friday, sell it next year and upgrade again next BF. They are really the same inside. Personally I recommend you an older ThinkPad, they last a lot longer.

Pick up Dell Venue Pro 8 to try out and I think I am going to get one for myself instead of iPad mini. Able to download and play Steam and Hearthstone on this 8" tablet just blow my mind.

maeh2k

Apparently some news on the Thinkpad Yoga. The (US) prices aren't quite as outrageous as I first thought.

For 8GB of RAM and FHD Digitizer with 1year warranty the prices are:

i7 4500U and 180GB SSD -- 1579.00
i7 4600U and 180GB SSD -- 1679.00
i7 4600U and 256GB SSD -- 1699.00
i7 4600U and 500GB HDD + 16GB M2 -- 1499.00

To get an i5 with digitizer you have to drop down to 4GB of RAM
(source)

AnkitT

The dell venue 11 pro looks like an interesting proposition to me right now, and the pricepoint seems nice as well. Hoping to get some impressions soon.

Blackhead

Redarse
The Fujitsu tablet PC Stylistic Q584 looks very nice:

Mkl9Vxbs.jpg
TX6weOVs.png

Slate form factor
10.1" (16:10) 2560 x 1600 IGZO display with touch and pen support
Wacom digitizer with integrated silo for pen
640g (vs old iPad 4's 652g)
Full Windows 8.1
Intel Atom Bay Trail (no fans)
4GB RAM
64GB/128GB SSD
waterproof+dustproof
optional Keyboard+battery dock
optional desktop dock (display out, more ports etc)
optional 3G/GPS/NFC

First Impressions
Hands on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHGuYfOXicw

Advertised as available in late November (Japan) and mid-December (USA) starting at about $900(?).

It'll be my next tablet.

Mkl9Vxbs.jpg
TX6weOVs.png

Slate form factor
Full Windows 8.1
4GB RAM
64GB/128GB SSD
waterproof+dustproof
optional 3G/GPS/NFC

First Impressions
Hands on:

Advertised as available in late November (Japan) and mid-December (USA) starting at about $900(?).

It'll be my next tablet.

Uh, pricey, but they seem to got everything else right.

maeh2k

Mkl9Vxbs.jpg
TX6weOVs.png

Slate form factor
Full Windows 8.1
4GB RAM
64GB/128GB SSD
waterproof+dustproof
optional 3G/GPS/NFC

First Impressions
Hands on:

It'll be my next tablet.

They also announced the Lifebook T904. Classic tablet PC with a rotating 13.3" 2560x1440 screen with Wacom digitizer. With 1.5kg it's pretty light. Removable battery with 8.5h battery life. Launching Q1 '14 starting at 1550 Euros.

Here's the specsheet: http://docs.ts.fujitsu.com/dl.aspx?id=71a60989-1a1d-4532-9613-1fdc14479467

I think it sounds quite interesting and might a good alternative to the Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga.

Top Bottom