• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFamous: Second Son Playable at PS4 Review Event

Jonboy

Many more impressions to come, I'm sure...

Greg Miller ‏@GameOverGreggy
I've played Infamous: Second Son. The long and short: it's as fun as it looks. The neon dash makes you run like The Flash. <3
https://twitter.com/GameOverGreggy/status/399920413763178498

Greg Miller's schedule for the day...

BYyzeIHIMAATDc_.jpg

UPDATE:

It would be so amazing if this was a stealth launch title. Financially a bad move for Sony, but great for everyone picking up a PS4 over the next few weeks.

Sounds like we'll get some new gameplay footage and previews from the game out of this event at least.

Jonboy

Maybe a mod could add something to the title about the reveal of what the neon power does? Not sure if it's needed. Just a thought.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
It would be so amazing if this was a stealth launch title. Financially a bad move for Sony, but great for everyone picking up a PS4 over the next few weeks.

Sounds like we'll get some new gameplay footage and previews from the game out of this event at least.

This would make no sense. Stealth launches are not good. Not good at all.

Please happen.

TheZjman

Banned
Scrolled down quickly and saw Star Wars. Instantly thought there was a new title i missed.

Then i realised it was Angry Birds ):

Boke1879

I don't think it was a financially bad move for Sony at all. The system+ launch games will sell just fine through Christmas.

They need Infamous for early next year. I doubt the game will have much competition when it does launch so it'll insure that it sells a lot of copies.

It's not just financially bad, it's tactically bad.

With Xbox having Titanfall in March, Sony needs their own 'heavy-hitter' in Q1 to be really damn good.

witness

Would be pretty awesome if they can get a Infamous demo out there before the end of the year for all the early adopters.

They should at least put a playable demo on the PSN for launch day/window buyers.

I'd take that for now. ;)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It's not just financially bad, it's tactically bad.

With Xbox having Titanfall in March, Sony needs their own 'heavy-hitter' in Q1 to be really damn good.

Infamous is a great series but it's not going to go head to head with Titanfall in any meaningful way. The best it will do is serve as a bullet point for fanboy listwars in March. Other than that, the games differ on pretty much every important dimension.

In any case, gimme new gameplay footage!

Boke1879

All that's left for now is a UI demonstration and for Geoff to start teasing some reveals for the launch event.

It's about to be a fun week guys.

Boke1879

Infamous is a great series but it's not going to go head to head with Titanfall in any meaningful way. The best it will do is serve as a bullet point for fanboy listwars in March. Other than that, the games differ on pretty much every important dimension.

In any case, gimme new gameplay footage!

Agreed. Infamous isn't going up against Titanfall. Destiny is. Infamous will do it's part. I'm sure Sony will finally market the game and it'll get the recognition it deserves though.

Infamous is a great series but it's not going to go head to head with Titanfall in any meaningful way. The best it will do is serve as a bullet point for fanboy listwars in March.

I'm not talking about 'going head-to-head', but rather that how they'll influence consumer decisions to open their wallet to buy a new console.

A good game is a good game, regardless of their genres. And that will gets buyers to jump in to buy the console that the game is available on.

Top Bottom