• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFamous: Second Son Playable at PS4 Review Event

gruenel

ibijtI5SRXj2jE.gif

#dead

The only experience I remember having with a comic book character with super speed as an offensive power was the first Spidey movie game where you could play as the Green Goblin, and holding down Triangle let you run like a maniac.

If this is just like that AT THE LEAST, I'm in.

Darksol

Just when I thought I couldn't be any more hyped for Second Son, he brings up The Flash.

Need this. Need this in my veins.

Guys, I am pretty sure he means that Delsin has an after-image or after-glow like when the flash runs. Not necesarily means super fast, just that he leaves a trail of neon-light behind him.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ground Zeroes only has the Omega camp though, right?

Nope, doesn't sound like it.

THE POWER OF FOX ENGINE – Ground Zeroes showcases Kojima Productions’ stunning FOX Engine, a true next-generation game engine which revolutionizes the Metal Gear Solid experience.

INTRODUCTION TO OPEN WORLD DESIGN – The first Metal Gear Solid title to offer open world gameplay. Ground Zeroes offers total freedom of play: how missions are undertaken is entirely down to the user.

UNRESTRICTED STEALTH – Imagine classic Metal Gear gameplay but with no restrictions or boundaries. Players use intelligence and cerebral strategy to sneak their way through entire missions, or go in all guns blazing. Each will have different effects on game consequences and advancement.

MULTIPLE MISSIONS AND TASKS – Ground Zeroes boasts a central story mode and additional side-missions ranging from tactical action, aerial assaults and “covert” stages that will be sure to surprise.

REDESIGNED INTERFACE – Ground Zeroes users will benefit from a clean in-game HUD that shows the minimal amount of on-screen data to give a more intense gaming experience.

VARIOUS IN-GAME WEATHER SETTINGS – Ground Zeroes will test the player in a variety of time and weather environments that will be central to METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Phantom Pain. Use night conditions to your advantage, or poor weather as strategic cover.

TRUE NEXT GENERATION GAMING – Available simultaneously with the current generation of gaming consoles, Ground Zeroes will give PS4 and Xbox One consumers the chance to showcase the power of their new machines.

Nope, doesn't sound like it.

?

Says nothing about there being multiple areas. So far the info available says it's only the prison camp and home base. Remember Phatom pain is supposed to be like 300 times larger than Ground Zeroes. So unless somebody is trying to sell a bridge, ground zeroes is going to have a limited area.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm not talking about 'going head-to-head', but rather that how they'll influence consumer decisions to open their wallet to buy a new console.

A good game is a good game, regardless of their genres. And that will gets buyers to jump in to buy the console that the game is available on.

It will attract buyers for sure, but will it attract buyers away from Titanfall? That's what I mean by going head to head. Of course it's always good to have quality software, it's just that a single player Infamous game is unlikely to draw the same number of people as an online multiplayer shooter from the makers of Call of Duty. If it was also a multiplayer online shooter, then it would be a serious competitor for an audience who wants that specific thing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
In Peace Walker they had had multiple missions and extra ops for every map. But who knows, should find out soon enough.

Yes multiple missions and tasks in the same area. Probably going to be filled with filler like Peace walker where you're... rescuing prisoner npcs.

I doubt they would sell the game for 20/30 bucks when it's just the Omega camp but we'll see.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The neon power is something else. I don't know what, but as an after-effect or cool looking secondary effect you have this after-image.

Do you have actual knowledge of the game that we are lacking or are you simply speculating that the most obvious interpretation of Greg Miller's statement is the wrong one?

bgbball31

Second Son is my most anticipated PS4 game right now. Played and loved the first, but never got around to the second. Probably should pick it up on the cheap sometime.

Although, I don't think I want it as much as I want one of those pillows. Take my money, Sony!

mollipen

Second Son has been playable before, so just that fact really isn't a big deal I don't think.

Also, who said this was a "review" event? It isn't.

Do you have actual knowledge of the game that we are lacking or are you simply speculating that the most obvious interpretation of Greg Miller's statement is the wrong one?

From the preview:
The smoke powers are all about speed and getting in and out quickly, whaling on guys, and zipping up the sides of buildings. But as a neon player, the tempo is different

To me it does not sound like Neon is super speed. Where does it make it sound like it, I have not read anything about it, truly.

It will attract buyers for sure, but will it attract buyers away from Titanfall? That's what I mean by going head to head. Of course it's always good to have quality software, it's just that a single player Infamous game is unlikely to draw the same number of people as an online multiplayer shooter from the makers of Call of Duty. If it was also a multiplayer online shooter, then it would be a serious competition for an audience who wants that specific thing.

Ah, of course it won't draw away people from Titanfall. Yeah, in that context, it's not really appropriate.a

Why is there a "review event?" That sounds like some bullshit.

It is. It's even worse that the head of IGN is going to it.

Then again, you don't need to bribe Greg Miller in order for him to give a Sony game a 10/10.

Second Son looks pretty good though, and this is coming from someone who did not like the first two.

I really can't wait for this game. I hope they stick with the Feb release date. I don't think I could handle it if it were postponed to like August or later 2014.

mollipen

Okay, to be fair, I forgot what the invite said. *heh* But I'm here, and with as much as there is to see here, I'm not really sure I'd consider this a "review" event in the same way that, say, companies have people head somewhere to play games for 3-4 days in a row in order to do the full review.

Top Bottom