• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFamous: Second Son Playable at PS4 Review Event

SoilBreak

Banned
bJ7sKtx.png

irhMRHVlRdmVn.gif

Famassu

Good to see this resurface, was getting a little worried with it being a no-show for so long even though it should probably be released in the next 3-4 months.

zakislam

Spent all day playing the first inFamous when it came out and completed it, it was such a fun game. When I saw the first gameplay video for this one, became my most anticipated PS4 game yet.

Derrick01

Banned
damn this new infamous game seems swell. Hope this one is the one that finally clicks with me :D

It's already far better than the other 2 just for the fact that this one looks and seems to run great. The first 2 games were hideous and ran even worse.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Woah. So that's the neon power? Hyper speed. Fuck yes!

I think that's just one power associated with Neon. The way inFAMOUS 2 worked was that Cole could had Lightning, Napalm, and Ice powers. Each of those power sets came with a slew of abilities tied to that set.

I think Second Son is just expanding on that concept. I think the Neon Dash is just one of Delsin's Neon based powers.

While I could certainly be wrong, judging by previous entries in the series, I don't think I am.

Hahaha ice jump + shanty town = single digit frame rates

Was there something wrong with your PS3? Serious question, as I never had that happen to me while playing through inFAMOUS 2.

My framerate probably dipped into the 20's every once in a while when things got really hectic, but I've never encountered single digit framerates in my many, many playthroughs of inFAMOUS 2 (I've played through that game at least a dozen times; one of my favorite of this generation).

I really want to see more physics based stuff from this game.

Some more action heavy setpieces have some destructable elements. It's not at the core of the engine so tamper your expectations but it certainly makes the action feel more alive. The Order seems to be the first next gen game to take physics seriously if what they say is true.
ibhc0ArYXY7dUI.gif

iqUk81xjywQAu.gif

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's already far better than the other 2 just for the fact that this one looks and seems to run great. The first 2 games were hideous and ran even worse.

Eh, Infamous 2 looks and runs fine. Visually it's pretty much an Uncharted -> Uncharted 2 jump over the first one, and the framerate is a lot more stable as well. Really a pretty vast improvement.

But yeah, Second Son does look amazing. It looks better than most non-open world next-gen games we've seen, which is pretty impressive.

Top Bottom