• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Like a one man human centipede"

Parapraxis

Can someone tell him to hook up to his xbox360 to establish that his t.v can accept and display a picture. I don't understand why he's changing hdmi ports.

He did that, it worked.

He has not as far as I can tell, tried a different HDMI cable or jiggling/moving the cable in the port.

so far he has been doing everything that he should be since i have been watching the last hour or so. I really can't tell what he is suppose to have done wrong beyond restarting after he finally got it booted the first time.

Is he whiny? yes

is he trying the same thing over and over again? yes

I really can't see what he has done wrong other then wasting 10 hours doing the same again and again. Really the people thinking that he purposely is tapping the power button then holding it instead of just holding it because of some nefarious plot to make it seem like sony sucks are the only ones who have given any info on what he is doing wrong, and I just dont buy that.

someone please enlighten me

Steel

Banned
This becoming a publicity stunt makes more sense than the incompetence he's shown after getting it running again the first time.

He's been on the verge of tears several times, so I don't think it was a publicity stunt. But w/e maybe it is, no way to know for sure.

On a more serious note I wonder how many of the 4k taco bell ps4s have this issue. We've heard of 5 cases, there'd need to be 125 for a 3% failure rate, just hope people keep this in mind before they start worrying. We'll find out if there are wide spread problems on launch day I suppose.

Wille517

Neo Member
The community has closed this channel due to terms of service violations.
thank you for the entertainment you magnificent dumbass

Steel

Banned
Woke up from this thread going from 12 pages to 135+. Has anyone done a Malcolm McDowell recap??? :)

The recap:

Guy is streaming his broken PS4(He broke it by unplugging his ps4 while downloading DCUO which had stopped loading), complains to customer support for 4 hours whilst simultaneously being trolled by the people in his stream(Internet and all that), Ign decides that this is worth posting an article about. Finally through the troubleshooting in that 99% troll comments section he takes his HDD out, tries to turn on his PS4, gets an error, but at least it boots. He then puts the HDD back in and everything work. Guy then proceeds to pat himself on the back for being better than Sony Customer Support.... Then proceeds to once again break the ps4 by trying to download DCUO again. He is currently trying to fix it again, doing things such as turning on the PS4 while the hardrive isn't screwed in, plugging in the hard drive while the system is running, failing at holding the power button the amount of time necessary to boot in safe mode, and much much more, all while ignoring the Twitch admin's good advice. Then he finally listens to good advice, gets it working again, turns it off(to standby) and now it's broken again. He's now in hissy fit mode, all the while constantly switching inputs between hdmi and cable while trying to fix it. Thar's your summary, have fun.

There's more but I don't feel like updating this post, just copy pasting.

Can someone tell him to hook up to his xbox360 to establish that his t.v can accept and display a picture. I don't understand why he's changing hdmi ports.

He plugged the 360 in a few hours ago and the TV worked.

I'm out I can't watch this anymore, its crazy its gone on for as long as it has already.

LordCanti

I was gone for a sec. I see gameplay..did he fix it?

How close are you to a large shipment area? It might just be sitting there waiting to be loaded into a truck.

A large one? Mmm... There's one in Tennessee I believe? If so, probably 5-6 hours by car. There's a smaller one closer but people have said that the small ones didn't get PS4's.

S0N0S

As someone who sat there trying to help him for the last several hours, I think he was simply overwhelmed by the entire situation, and maybe slightly incompetent. Anyone attributing that incompetence to some plan from MS to show the PS4 in a poor light is ridiculous. Instead of streaming his Taco Bell PS4 before everyone else, he got a broken PS4 (or broke his PS4), his stream blew up, and from then on his stream, Twitch inbox, and facebook profile was filled with people yelling all kinds of things at him.

That being said, you might be able to convince me he was doing it for attention, but even that sounds too far fetched and conspiratorial.

Final note: I believe his PS4 was too far lost when I saw him pull the HDD when it was powered on. Everything else after that was futile finagling. It's all a blur to me now though, so don't quote me on that.

Returners

As someone who sat there trying to help him for the last several hours, I think he was simply overwhelmed by the entire situation, and maybe slightly incompetent. Anyone attributing that incompetence to some plan from MS to show the PS4 in a poor light is ridiculous. Instead of streaming his Taco Bell PS4 before everyone else, he got a broken PS4 (or broke his PS4), his stream blew up, and from then on his stream, Twitch inbox, and facebook profile was filled with people yelling all kinds of things at him.

That being said, you might be able to convince me he was doing it for attention, but even that sounds too far fetched and conspiratorial.

Final note: I believe his PS4 was too far lost when I saw him pull the HDD when it was powered on. Everything else after that was futile finagling. It's all a blur to me now though, so don't quote me on that.

Sounds like he was still upset with (is it you?) twitch admin telling him to restart instead of formatting...

Steel

Banned

I believe his PS4 was too far lost when I saw him pull the HDD when it was powered on. Everything else was futile. It's all a blur to me now though, so don't quote me on that.

Yeah man you tried. Good on you.

Steel

Banned
so far he has been doing everything that he should be since i have been watching the last hour or so. I really can't tell what he is suppose to have done wrong beyond restarting after he finally got it booted the first time.

Is he whiny? yes

is he trying the same thing over and over again? yes

I really can't see what he has done wrong other then wasting 10 hours doing the same again and again. Really the people thinking that he purposely is tapping the power button then holding it instead of just holding it because of some nefarious plot to make it seem like sony sucks are the only ones who have given any info on what he is doing wrong, and I just dont buy that.

someone please enlighten me

He pulled the god damn Hard drive out of the system while it was still running among quite a few other things. It's no plot, but this guy should not be allowed to even try to fix electronics.

Edit: For some weird reason I didn't think that'd end up being a double post... Well this threads dead, time for bed.

Nikodemos

I've just woken up and, man, this thread...

Final note: I believe his PS4 was too far lost when I saw him pull the HDD when it was powered on.
Why the fuck would he do that? Has he never used a PC in his life? Doesn't he know you shouldn't randomly disconnect stuff while power is on?

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now

I guess it never worked again after that? SATA II can be hot swapped safely but only if the drive isn't spinning (ie, if you park the drive and remove it; you can't put it back in and mount it though without eSATA support on the controller).

I could've swore that last boot was after the hot unplugging incident.

SNAP! He got it working now? What did he end up doing to fix it?? AND WHAT IS HE PLAYING?

You look away from the stream for a minute and everything changes

EDIT: Do I see Spider-Man? Uh... I didn't know there was a Marvel themed game at launch. Did the video stream on Hi11Zones' channel get switched or something?

Steel

Banned
SNAP! He got it working now? What did he end up doing to fix it?? AND WHAT IS HE PLAYING?

Da fuq? I just turned off the stream. There might be something to the attention whoring shit if that's true.

chris0701

So his PS4 failed again, while downloading DCUO after it just had revived ?
Or he did something incorrectly to cause 2nd twist happening ?

Dr.Acula

Banned

EDIT: Do I see Spider-Man? Uh... I didn't know there was a Marvel themed game at launch. Did the video stream on Hi11Zones' channel get switched or something?

I think that was his laptop streaming for a bit.

He didn't fix it yet. You can see him working on it in the top-right corner. I think he has old gameplay running or has someone else streaming gameplay while he works on it.

Mr Moose

No. My PC was running slow as fuck so I rebooted it. When chrome re-opened to the stream that's what came up. I just took a quick screenshot of it before the commercial ended.

Well damn, does Twitch normally show Xbox One ads? That seems a bit TOO fishy to me, I am starting to think it was all just bullshit for the sake of it.

Zolbrod

He didn't get it working.
He's playing a game on another system.

D23

Da fuq? I just turned off the stream. There might be something to the attention whoring shit if that's true.

He is streaming dc online from his laptop. His ps4 is still bricked

Snap! Why would he stream some other game in the mean time, as if anyone cares?

I'm not sure what to make of the troll accusations though at this point... surely by now his viewership has dropped considerably, and if he was just pretending the whole time he would have gotten it up and running.

Are the GAF accusations of him being a genuine dumbass well-founded? Wasn't his friend in this very thread, posting that he tried every technique that was offered up?

S0N0S

Sounds like he was still upset with (is it you?) twitch admin telling him to restart instead of formatting...

After he followed my instructions that successfully booted his PS4 to show the OS on screen, I simply told him to restart to confirm it could boot cleanly before applying any update. I was worried that not doing so would make things worse. So he shut it down, and he hasn't been able to get video from his PS4 since. Of course we could speculate all night and day whether or not that's what broke it, but that won't help him now.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I was gone for a sec. I see gameplay..did he fix it?

A large one? Mmm... There's one in Tennessee I believe? If so, probably 5-6 hours by car. There's a smaller one closer but people have said that the small ones didn't get PS4's.

I hope you get your new console on day one :)

Mr Moose

After he followed my instructions that successfully booted his PS4 to show the OS on screen, I simply told him to restart to confirm it could boot cleanly before applying any update. I was worried that not doing so would make things worse. So he shut it down, and he hasn't been able to get video from his PS4 since. Of course we could speculate all night and day whether or not that's what broke it, but that won't help him now.

His stupidity is what broke it :)

He even followed his own instructions at one point...

S0N0S

OK ok. Last post. Thank you GAF for all the advice and recommendations. It was fun in spite of all the hate!

<3 and goodnight!

LordCanti

I hope you get your new console on day one :)

Thank you.

I was going to reroute the shipment to a UPS store and grab it in the morning on the 15th, but if the status doesn't change and it doesn't get in their system, I guess I'll just be sitting by the door like a dog waiting for its master to come home.

Steel

Banned
I wake up to this massive thread, wtf!

Can someone summarise what's happened here and what I've missed?

Fuck it, one more time:

Guy is streaming his broken PS4(He broke it by unplugging his ps4 while downloading DCUO which had stopped loading), complains to customer support for 4 hours whilst simultaneously being trolled by the people in his stream(Internet and all that), Ign decides that this is worth posting an article about. Finally through the troubleshooting in that 99% troll comments section he takes his HDD out, tries to turn on his PS4, gets an error, but at least it boots. He then puts the HDD back in and everything works. Guy then proceeds to pat himself on the back for being better than Sony Customer Support.... Then proceeds to once again break the ps4 by trying to download DCUO again. He is currently trying to fix it again, doing things such as turning on the PS4 while the hardrive isn't screwed in, plugging in the hard drive while the system is running, failing at holding the power button the amount of time necessary to boot in safe mode, and much much more, all while ignoring the Twitch admin's good advice. Then he finally listens to good advice, gets it working again, turns it off(to standby) and now it's broken again. He's now in hissy fit mode, all the while constantly switching inputs between hdmi and cable while trying to fix it. Thar's your summary, have fun.

Edit: One more thing, at this point he's given up after 12 hours. And is going to take his free box from sony.

SMZC

The recap:

Guy is streaming his broken PS4(He broke it by unplugging his ps4 while downloading DCUO which had stopped loading), complains to customer support for 4 hours whilst simultaneously being trolled by the people in his stream(Internet and all that), Ign decides that this is worth posting an article about. Finally through the troubleshooting in that 99% troll comments section he takes his HDD out, tries to turn on his PS4, gets an error, but at least it boots. He then puts the HDD back in and everything work. Guy then proceeds to pat himself on the back for being better than Sony Customer Support.... Then proceeds to once again break the ps4 by trying to download DCUO again. He is currently trying to fix it again, doing things such as turning on the PS4 while the hardrive isn't screwed in, plugging in the hard drive while the system is running, failing at holding the power button the amount of time necessary to boot in safe mode, and much much more, all while ignoring the Twitch admin's good advice. Then he finally listens to good advice, gets it working again, turns it off(to standby) and now it's broken again. He's now in hissy fit mode, all the while constantly switching inputs between hdmi and cable while trying to fix it. Thar's your summary, have fun.

Wait, what? The PS4 broke down simply because a game (which, if I'm understanding it right, wasn't installed to begin with) failed to download?

Top Bottom