• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

The wait is killing me! Still not sure what bundle I'm getting (store owner isn't entirely sure which ones he'll get) but at least I'm set for launch.

Audioboxer

Finished GTA 5 last night. Now I'm ready.

I'm almost done. The game is visually amazing, can't believe what they've managed to output on the consoles.

Such a good game as well, enjoying it far more than GTA 4.

In relation to the PS4, going to be jealous when ShopTo most likely ships everyones pre-orders early/as soon as they have stock, and my Amazon pre-order will be held till the day before for release delivery.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I have that in the box, but I like physical copies
In my brain I somehow thought because you had to put the PS3 disc inside it still counted as a physical copy, but it obviously isn't lol.

I'm almost done. The game is visually amazing, can't believe what they've managed to output on the consoles.

Such a good game as well, enjoying it far more than GTA 4.

In relation to the PS4, going to be jealous when ShopTo most likely ships everyones pre-orders early/as soon as they have stock, and my Amazon pre-order will be held till the day before for release delivery.
You slowcoaches! I 100%'d that in in early October :p.

Just ordered the COD hardened edition on PS3 from shoptooo, £55 and with the upgrade only being £10 bit of a bargain really as it includes the season pass too.

Audioboxer

In my brain I somehow thought because you had to put the PS3 disc inside it still counted as a physical copy, but it obviously isn't lol.

You slowcoaches! I 100%'d that in in early October :p.

Are any of the % completion stats/trophies related to MP? I only found my first serial killer note last night! Things seem to be well hidden. Haven't found any of the UFO parts. I mean I haven't gone seeking them, just keep an eye out during missions.

An amazon.de customer support guy allegedly told an amazon.de forum user, that they won't send the Killzone Megabundle in one shipment, but maybe the console first and the rest later individaully or in small bundles.

I just hope I won't have to pay VAT and import fees for every single item...if that is even true at all.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Are any of the % completion stats/trophies related to MP? I only found my first serial killer note last night! Things seem to be well hidden. Haven't found any of the UFO parts. I mean I haven't gone seeking them, just keep an eye out during missions.
Multiplayer is not required for 100% completion, but it IS required for 100%ing the trophies.

I only got a handful of the collectables while doing missions. Most I just got using Rockstar's map on their website.

Johnson81

Neo Member
Who's buying BF4 at launch? Can't wait for my first Next Gen experience.

Got it for £41.85 from Wow HD, I think it's the cheapest out there. I just hope the majority of the problems have been ironed out. I can't wait to get stuck into 64 player battles. Not played 3 on PC for a while so looking forward to the PS4 version.

Just in case US beta testing went wrong, here is a picture of a "broken" HDMI port. I don't know if this has been posted before:

http://www7.pic-upload.de/19.11.13/irnjae68rzd.jpg

The circled red part is where you need to press down the metal, to make it look like the piece on the right side. Take a look.
The text says if you try to connect the cable to the port, this piece of metal gets stuck in between the cable and the pins, which means you won't get a working connection.

Just in case US beta testing went wrong, here is a picture of a "broken" HDMI port. I don't know if this has been posted before:

http://www7.pic-upload.de/19.11.13/irnjae68rzd.jpg

The circled red part is where you need to press down the metal, to make it look like the piece on the right side. Take a look.
The text says if you try to connect the cable to the port, this piece of metal gets stuck in between the cable and the pins, which means you won't get a working connection.

Thanks for the heads up friend. The first thing I will do when I get mine is to check the HDMI port.

RaikuHebi

Banned
UK GAF: Supposedly "guaranteed day 1" consoles in stock at Asda, £349

http://direct.asda.com/PlayStation-4-500GB-Console/003724183,default,pd.html
It doesn't work, it says you need a pre-order promo code.

Sorry, you are not eligible to Pre-order the PS4/Xbox One Console as you haven't entered a valid Unique Voucher Code. If you have valid Unique Voucher Code please click on 'Got a promotion code' at the bottom of this page and enter your Unique Voucher Code and click validate, this will automatically take off your £20 deposit from the Console price.

The_Monk

Only about 9 Days left and I can't be assured that I will get a PS4, or a PS4 Bundle with Killzone, or a Midnight Launch, or if PS4 Games will be available.

I'm more hyped to know all these answers at this point than to have the PS4. I may have to wait until 4 Days before the release to know if I will be able to go to a Midnight Launch and I still need to know if I can get the Bundle with Killzone or not. I was in the very first pre-orders but it's the lack of confidence that the Store may not have units at launch. I have sooo many vouchers waiting to go away, It's the reason I'm able to get the PS4 since it's going to be at such low price.

I'm already prepared to skip some titles I really wanted to have... Knack or AC4 (and more) but those will have to wait. :/

Waiting for the best.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I'm already prepared to skip some titles I really wanted to have... Knack or AC4 (and more) but those will have to wait. :/
Nab em through the US PSN store via Amazon US. It comes out to around £40.

You don't have anything to worry about since you pre-ordered. I'm the worried one here who didn't decide until recently that I want one at Launch lol.

The_Monk

Nab em through the US PSN store via Amazon US. It comes out to around £40.

You don't have anything to worry about since you pre-ordered. I'm the worried one here who didn't decide until recently that I want one at Launch lol.

Well that part was more regarding a proper lack of funds more that the possibility of them to not be available in the Stores fellow GAFfer, but thanks. :)

I'll just wait a bit for a price drop, it's okay. I'll be hoping for the best.

Largoh

Neo Member
Can't wait for mine. Also managed to get a load of money off. It was a traumatic experience but hopefully is all well.

Here's the story anyway:

Pre-ordered from Game.co.uk and shortly after they cancelled my order but didn't refund me the £20 deposit. They claimed they hadn't got any money but I proved otherwise so they finally refunded me.
They made amends by providing me with £20 Reward Card Points as a goodwill gesture to place my PS4 Preorder again which would cover the deposit.

A few weeks ago, I just popped on to chat to ask 1. When I would get the option to pick a bundle and 2. When I could add my vouchers to my order (I have several Gift Vouchers for payment towards the PS4).
I was told that all bundles were already taken and that I should have added my vouchers when I placed the order. For anyone who doesn't use Game very often, you can't use Vouchers to place Pre-orders on the website. I was so p***ed off, I demanded to speak to a team leader. A few days later I finally spoke to one and after a further few days of investigation on their end everything was sorted.

To make up for not being offered a bundle upgrade, they gave me the difference to order the bits from them seperately via a Gift Card. £64 in this case as I wanted the KZ Mega Bundle. ~£84 up so far!

For some reason then, they upgraded my console to the KZ Mega Bundle, but we'd agreed to a standard console and I order the bits separately. So after another day of working with the Web Admins, the Team Leader managed to get my order cancelled and replaced without losing my place in the queue. A side effect of this was that the £20 reward card points were refunded to me, but the new order was placed for £20 less than the actual price. Another £20 to me! I dropped them an email to let them know, I'm an honest person so just wanted to bring it to their attention, but I never got a reply to it, only to another irrelevant question I asked.
So off I went to a Game Store to place my deposit for the addition bits of my "Bundle" and use my vouchers.

TLDR: Game really cocked up my order from the start but were dedicated to put it right and keep me happy. I've been a customer of theirs since Electronic Boutique days, so I guess they didn't want me going off elsewhere. I'm really impressed with them, but the real test is whether the PS4 actually turns up on launch day. If not then I'll have Killzone, a DS4 Controller and a PSCamera with nothing to play them on. lol

Just dropping in to say for those waiting in Europe that I have been really loving the PS4, and to cross my fingers that BF4 crashes get ironed out before y'all get your copies :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I feel like playing some fun but shit looking games in the run up to PS4 launch, to help make the impact even bigger :p any recommendations?

Parsnip

I'm not planning to get a unit anytime soon (somehow $400 turned into 489€ over here, it's just too pricey), but I'll wait with you guys anyway.

Saiyan-Rox

Seeing it's status now "processing" is actually a lot worse than before xD

Especially with the Xbone out this week in both the US and here ><

Vizzeh

Banned
Just got my PS4 here in the UK guys, soooo friggin pleased. Boots up great, 1.50 installed.... :)

excuse the mess in my haste

1463653_10152346958683362_469899007_n.jpg

Top Bottom