• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

I'm really nervous about my Zavvi order, it's been "Awaiting Stock Pick" since I ordered it after it was unveiled and have a despatch date of 31/12/13 (which also has not changed since the initial order).

My order at TheHut had the same date. When I messaged them about it they told me I should be getting at launch (I pre-ordered sometime in Feb). Since Zavvi are part of TheHut Group I expect they use the same system.

syoaran

This will reset your delivery date as it did mine a few weeks ago. I think they went through in bulk and changed them all back so my order is fine now.

I wouldn't go near it at this point.

I did this for two orders, one a few weeks back - one this morning. Both are still on delivery for the 29th. Hopefully the bug your referring too is not happening again.

So sad! ... but happy for our World Cup qualifying :)

Just came from Fnac (Portugal) and they will only have the base PS4 and the Killzone Bundle and not the Mega Killzone bundle (with another DS4 and the camera).

They say were told that only 12 December it will be available in Portugal?

What to do?

Help me Gaf!

Vizzeh

Banned
What a fantastic system. So smooth between games, the DS4 is unbelievably good.

At the moment the playstation Store doesnt work in the UK, PSN is perfectly fine.

At the moment I only have 1 disc based game, COD (argh...) which isnt bad so far, the DS4 makes the shooting far more accurate.

Alternative, I was able to create an American account (no PSPLUS or anything) So I downloaded blacklight retribution, warframe both F2P games, got the Fifa 14demo (not a massive difference but definately better in 1080p + animations are slicker) DC Universe is also queued up F2P.

Gonna check out the price to buy a few disc based games on Amazon.com and compare as I will likely receive them before EU/UK Launch.

The big positive is AC4 is out in the UK friday, of which I have pre-ordered with Amazon, so should arrive shortly.

On a side note..GAME charged me £60 for Cod:Ghosts, what the absolute fuk! - Its £49.99 online @ game yet instore - £10 more expensive

Newlove

Whats the deal with the ShopTo 'processing' emails?

I only preordered (and paid off at the time) a PS4 and games the weekend just gone, payment has been taken and my order already says 'processing'.

Where does it say processing? I just see the orders as paid in my pre-orders tab. Got an email saying they attempted to charge my card but failed the first of what would be 3 tries yesterday as it expired apparently, so I updated my card and pre-paid last night.

Silurus

The spot in my TV cabinet is all ready.

IMG_4184_zpsfd518aad.jpg

Flek

Banned
i cant waaaait anymore … so many days left. Got amazon to exchange my cod for ass creed 4 which should arrive this week

L3G3ND6

Neo Member
GAME said they're charging the PS4 day 1 customers starting 18th november, I am a day 1, but still haven't had the money taken out. Anybody else in the same boat?

At the moment the playstation Store doesnt work in the UK, PSN is perfectly fine.

At the moment I only have 1 disc based game, COD (argh...) which isnt bad so far, the DS4 makes the shooting far more accurate.

Alternative, I was able to create an American account (no PSPLUS or anything) So I downloaded blacklight retribution, warframe both F2P games, got the Fifa 14demo (not a massive difference but definately better in 1080p + animations are slicker) DC Universe is also queued up F2P.

Gonna check out the price to buy a few disc based games on Amazon.com and compare as I will likely receive them before EU/UK Launch.

The big positive is AC4 is out in the UK friday, of which I have pre-ordered with Amazon, so should arrive shortly.

On a side note..GAME charged me £60 for Cod:Ghosts, what the absolute fuk! - Its £49.99 online @ game yet instore - £10 more expensive

I just started working at GAME today, and we got the call in the morning that all next gen games are £59.99 RRP :(

Speaking with a guy on Amazon chat about my card details…I can't hear on the phone so I might have to get someone else to call for me…this guy is pretty much useless lol

Gold Member
I just started working at GAME today, and we got the call in the morning that all next gen games are £59.99 RRP :(
Looks like I'll be buying my games from Amazon this gen then as they are at least £10 cheaper! (& gratz on the job)

Also...9 days!!! Excited!!!

Dunkers92

No they're not. The majority are £54.99 apart from COD. Still expensive but you do get £10 off with a next gen consoles on most games

And getting ready for the One launch makes it all feel so close. Cannot wait

I thought this course I'm on this week would make the wait go quicker but as there are a few other guys and girls all waiting for it as well it's made the time go slower if anything >_____<

Really quite pissed off about Game's prices if that is true. I was planning on trading some games in over the next few weeks (after price matching with CEX of course) and I have some credit on a card but 60 quid for a game is taking the piss. They really do enjoy ripping their customers off at every opportunity which is why I usually avoid them.

Leg-End

£60! Looks like I'm buying online only then, I really wish I hadn't got FIFA 14 this gen from GAME now, I thought the trade in offer would mean I have to add like £10 to upgrade, now its looking like £20.

Urgh.

Certinty

£60! Looks like I'm buying online only then, I really wish I hadn't got FIFA 14 this gen from GAME now, I thought the trade in offer would mean I have to add like £10 to upgrade, now its looking like £20.

Urgh.
Send it to Amazon and you'll only have to pay £10. :)

Putting games up for £60 is just going to alienate consumers and drive more of them to supermarkets and online, their usual high prices is the type of shit that helped put them into administration so you'd think they'd have learned. I myself will be sticking to buying games from Zavvi, ebay, amazon and the supermarkets.

Gold Member
Putting games up for £60 is just going to alienate consumers and drive more of them to supermarkets and online, their usual high prices is the type of shit that helped put them into administration so you'd think they'd have learned. I myself will be sticking to buying games from Zavvi, ebay, amazon and the supermarkets.
This is true, you would think if anything they would be price matching not charging a premium. I mean new gen prices are always a bit higher, normally around £45-50 with a drop off later on but £60 is taking the piss IMO. Especially when online shopping is so prevalent these days & as you say they have not long come out of administration.

Kvik

So I went to Sony Australia site today, and looks like they're out of stock until February next year (I assume the 2nd shipment would be during Christmas/holiday).

uc

If this keeps up, that 5 million units by March next year number is still within the realm of possibility.

doby

Guys a question from a tech idiot....

I have a Samsung T220 monitor which outputs 1680x1050 and a 32" LG TV that only does 720p/1080i.

Any idea how the PS4 will cope with the monitor? Will it just force it down to 1280×720 or will it meet it in the middle somewhere? Would I be better just sticking with the TV until I get a new one?

I've had a PS3 attached to a 1680x1050 monitor in the past. At 1080i it tries to meet in the middle but just looks horrible. 720p is much better and it didn't add bars, instead it chopped of the left side of the image. Never was an issue though, the amount you loose is minimal and with most games (not sure about PS4) you calibrate the screen size anyway.

I'm really nervous about my Zavvi order, it's been "Awaiting Stock Pick" since I ordered it after it was unveiled and have a despatch date of 31/12/13 (which also has not changed since the initial order).

My order is showing a dispatch date of 29/11/13 however I only ordered at the beginning of the month. I presume if you ordered before the release date was announced it will just be a placeholder date (which never gets updated).

I've been told by CS that it'll be delivered on or before the 29th (rather than dispatch) but knowing Zavvi's track record I wouldn't bet on it.

suedester

Banned

Why don't you buy digitally from Amazon.com? Assuming you've a decent broadband connection you can redeem the code on your us psn account and just play them on your usual UK main account. Plus they work out at about £38.

03sho

£60 next gen games from GAME?

Was planning to trade in my copy of ghosts on ps3 to get the next gen for £10 since I'm guaranteed £40 if I trade it in for ps4 version.

That offer doesn't look that good anymore.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Yeah I miss Gamestation too. Old school Gamestation before they cleaned their act up before being bought by GAME. It was a proper gamers store with exotics like the PC Engine GT behind glass cases, and had Sakura Wars Dreamcasts in the store window.
Great days. Everything is so sterile and corporate now, even Grainger Games. Still, I pop into CEX now and again if I want to inhale the funk of hormonal and poor hygiened gamers.

£60 next gen games from GAME?

Was planning to trade in my copy of ghosts on ps3 to get the next gen for £10 since I'm guaranteed £40 if I trade it in for ps4 version.

That offer doesn't look that good anymore.

If you trade in now its £40 but when the console is out you can trade in the game for a PS4 version for free, pretty much the staff will check the disc and give you either a new copy or swap the discs over.

They want to do this as they can resell the Ghosts for money plus it increases the attache rate on the next gen consoles and can lead to more Season pass/Gold and plus membership sales.

My local Gamestation was still an ok place to go after GAME bought them out, due to the fact we already had 2 GAME stores in the town so it retained all of the staff. Who were pretty cool. OK it n was not as good as it was but the people that worked there knew their stuff still.
Its really gone to shit now though since GAME's near demise and they closed the 2 other stores and re-branding the Gamestation store as a GAME store and filling it with idiots behind the counter. Trying to buy a retail copy of Dragon's Crown (on Vita or PS3) from there on release day wanted to make me punch a kitten in the face.

I got it digitally from the Sony store on the Vita in the end.

No kittens were punched

My order at TheHut had the same date. When I messaged them about it they told me I should be getting at launch (I pre-ordered sometime in Feb). Since Zavvi are part of TheHut Group I expect they use the same system.

I sent them a message earlier, but that puts my mind at ease. I think it's just seeing people getting confirmation of payment was worrying me that Zavvi maybe messed up the order.

BibiMaghoo

Don't know how much truth there is in this, but an FYA for Amazon UK orders.

There is a thread on Amazon that says they will be doing some payment authorisation from the 22nd November for Ps4 orders. This means you need the money in your account by this point.

I have transferred it over now, just to be sure, but thought I would give you guys a heads up.

I sent them a message earlier, but that puts my mind at ease. I think it's just seeing people getting confirmation of payment was worrying me that Zavvi maybe messed up the order.

Yeah I got a bit panicky too. They haven't even offered me any kind of upgrade options to any of the Killzone/Knack/extra controller/PS eye pack ins that have obviously come about since which got me a little worried too.
As long as I'm playing Resogun at some point on the 29th I'll be happy.

Game UK is fucking terrible , I for one hope it shuts down soon. Charging people stupid prices. The shops fucking stink and its not usually the customers its the fucking staff members who reek of BO , My local store is managed by the most arrogant little prick ive ever come across , Every time ive been in there its got some insane loud thrash metal cd blasting from the speakers , I tried out the PS4 instore at one today and guess who was hogging it?? The prick of a manager , he actually walked away from the PS4 at one point and some guy went to have a go but the manager reached back and said '' Don't touch that please im coming back to eat my lunch and carry on '' The fuck!! I feel sorry for the people who his giving his so called advice to when there instore because quite frankly he hasn't got a clue what his talking about. DEATH TO GAME UK

Quasar

Well I just cancelled my pre-order. A combination of PS4 hardware issues, Valve/Steam Machine announcements in January and the fact I'd be mostly waiting for Second Son convinced me I can wait this out a bit.

Top Bottom