• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

Mackins

All I can think of when it comes to Gamestop is how much the US seems to hate it...

... I have however been looking at a Blue DS4.

Damn you Mackins!

Hahaha sorry, you could always use GAME instead? ;)

Yeah I hear that a lot too, over here though they seem great, I've never had a late item, most come soon actually and some of their prices are awesome.
They're selling AC4 Skull Edition for £59.97, I'm sure GAME are charging that for the normal edition! Haha

sry if old, but I just read it.

For the EU-Launch Sony will have a launch-event in the Sony-Center in Berlin.
There will be "huge amounts" of Ps4 systems "enough for every potential customer" that stops by. So everyone who couldn't get one preordered should stop by.

The will also be some entertainment: Madcon, MC Fitti and the Donots and three of the biggest german Let'sPlayers. Pietsmiet, Gronkh and Sarazar (I don't know them, but then again... I don't watch Let'sPlays. I also don't now MC Fitti and the Donots)

http://blog.de.playstation.com/2013...en-verkaufsstart-der-playstation-4-in-berlin/

Alcahest

Not saying I don't believe either of you but anychance of a picture? (Btw where did you get them from :p)

Seconded.
Please take a pic of the "Made in Japan" mention.
This doesn't count, of course:
ps4japan.jpg

admartian

Guys I've concluded that sleep should no longer be applicable to wait time. Using this rationale I have determined that we only need to wait approx 5.3 days.

Hours per day - hours of sleep average per person = 16 hours
16 x remaining full days (around 8 days from this point in time) = 128
128 / hours per day = 5.3

5.3 days to go people!

Looking at the countdown makes the wait longer... I wish I could be cryo'd for a week.

Mackins

I haven't been this excited since Christmas 1984 when I knew I was getting Castle Greyskull and lots of He-Man figures! Haha.

The wait is truly torture!!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
For us at least the wait is over, Sony sent us our PS4 yesterday and we spent the whole day capturing footage. So I don't know if it will help with the wait or not, but here are our first videos of Killzone :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_nos_videos_killzone_shadow_fall-14853_en.html
All captured and encoded at 1080p and 60 fps.
The gun fights videos doesn't spoil anything (especially if you saw the TGS demo), the rest shows some of the stuff that happens in the first 10 minutes of the game.

RaikuHebi

Banned
For us at least the wait is over, Sony sent us our PS4 yesterday and we spent the whole day capturing footage. So I don't know if it will help with the wait or not, but here are our first videos of Killzone :)
The gun fights videos doesn't spoil anything (especially if you saw the TGS demo), the rest shows some of the stuff that happens in the first 10 minutes of the game.
Yes!!!! Time to see what the PS4 is truly gonna look like on my TV lol.

I had no idea you would get a PS4 from them! Magnificent, shows that they really know their stuff and are making links with the right people.

Also is yours Mads in Japan?

Could you please tell me what languages are included on the killzone disc?

I'm interested to know whether it is Multi 5.

Mung

Woot! Kind of :)

Just had an email from GAME offering codes for £10 discount on PS4 games, BluRays for £12.99, half price peripherals and £0 off 12 month PSN+

I'm definitely tempted to jump in on the PSN+ deal, £29.99 is not bad is it?

Have you had your card charged yet for your preorder like they said they would? I haven't...

Billen

Banned
So, UK vendors has received a warning regarding pre-emptive release (euhm, what?) of the console? To to cancel that Zavvi order and call people in Norway. :D

KeRaSh

So AC4 for the PS4 is supposed to release tomorrow, right? Amazon.de shipped my copy early so I received it yesterday. Hopefully they send out the PS4s that early!

RaikuHebi

Banned
Ok I hadn't seen those pictures, great let's hope mine is made in Japan too.
They were posted after your post so no worries.

Hope mine is as well. Assuming there is a pattern to these things then it will probably be the case for all European consoles. I'm yet to see one American post that they have a Japanese made one.

saxoross

Neo Member
They were posted after your post so no worries.

Hope mine is as well. Assuming there is a pattern to these things then it will probably be the case for all European consoles. I'm yet to see one American post that they have a Japanese made one.

Yeah I would be interested to see if the US models were made in china. Anyone with a photo?

mitchman

Gold Member
So, UK vendors has received a warning regarding pre-emptive release (euhm, what?) of the console? To to cancel that Zavvi order and call people in Norway. :D

There's only this one electronics chain that has broken the pre-order date it seems. I tried to use that as an argument to have the place I pre-ordered mine from send it to me early, but no go. They found it strange as they had explicitly been warned by Sony to not send them out early.
Oh well, some are just lucky I suppose.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Yeah I would be interested to see if the US models were made in china. Anyone with a photo?
There was somewhere but it's lost in a thread (possibly the Launch Thread). Anyway disregarding pics every American I've seen post where their PS4 was made has said China.

shaqnosis

Neo Member
I recommend it. It's stunning, too... and I haven't even DL'd the 1080p patch yet.

Thanks. I've been watching some of the twitch streams of people playing it and the ship battles look fun. And read a few comments that the 1080p patch puts the game up there as one of the best (if not the best) looking launch games.

Trying to resist as I will have enough to play as is on day one. but what can I say, the hype will probably win through!

I'm not sure what other game to pick up.... AC or Knack, people seem to be loving Knack in the OT. Just another 8 days to go, at least from tomorrow I will have Tearaway to keep me occupied!

ravenlord

Banned
How is the sharing on PS4 ?

Me and my friend want to share games...On PS3 , I think, 4 people could share a game...

If i buy BF4 premium on demand game from my PS4, can my friend also play it with DLCs, addons from his PS4 ?

How is the sharing on PS4 ?

Me and my friend want to share games...On PS3 , I think, 4 people could share a game...

If i buy BF4 premium on demand game from my PS4, can my friend also play it with DLCs, addons from his PS4 ?

2 machines, same as on the PS3, they reduced it from 4 quite a while back on that system. Although any purchases made before the change stayed at 4.

Billen

Banned
There's only this one electronics chain that has broken the pre-order date it seems. I tried to use that as an argument to have the place I pre-ordered mine from send it to me early, but no go. They found it strange as they had explicitly been warned by Sony to not send them out early.
Oh well, some are just lucky I suppose.

I suppose. I am just sad because I know Zavvi will do nothing to make it arrive on the launch date, since they do their "send everything the day before" thing.

jonno394

The launch hype is getting to me but i'm too late to secure one for launch so I've decided I'm taking the plunge 4 months early (was planning on picking one up in April, will now pick one up on eitehr xmas eve or boxing day- if possible)

I'm hoping there might be some sort of post xmas offers where I can get a PS4, KZ3, AC4 and Lego Marvel for around £450-£470

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Sony Europe will want that nice press release around launch so they'll want them all sold as close to launch as possible

Bradach

I noticed something in a PS4 leaflet I picked up.

photo-1.JPG

So not only does it recommend what it thinks you would like but it goes ahead and downloads it without asking. Considering some games are 30gb+ that feature could cause problems for people with caps on monthly downloads!
I assume this can be disabled

RaikuHebi

Banned
2 machines, same as on the PS3, they reduced it from 4 quite a while back on that system. Although any purchases made before the change stayed at 4.
One big difference is that the secondary PS4s have to log into the account the game was purchased on to play.

So for example:

User A purchased the game and played it on PS4 A.

Anyone on PS4 A can play the game.

Any other secondary PS4 can only play the game from User A's account.

It's possible to download the game on an unlimited amount of PS4s, but only PS4 A and a secondary console can play at the same time. Two secondary consoles cannot play at the same time.

The launch hype is getting to me but i'm too late to secure one for launch so I've decided I'm taking the plunge 4 months early (was planning on picking one up in April, will now pick one up on eitehr xmas eve or boxing day- if possible)

I'm hoping there might be some sort of post xmas offers where I can get a PS4, KZ3, AC4 and Lego Marvel for around £450-£470
If you want to spend that much but don't mind 2 less games then Gameseek claims to still have Launch Day stock of the Killzone bundle with camera and extra controller:
http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoG...-4-Console--MegaPack-Bundle--LAUNCH-DAY-STOCK

ThanX!

I didn't watch all of it, but i did instantly notice shimmering and jaggies. Now don't get me wrong, the game looks insane and i'll have a lot of fun with it, but i do hope they can improve on AA in upcoming games. It just always jumps to my eye..

KORNdoggy

Ever since Gamestop UK went online only, their prices have been great. I got Killzone Mercenary a day early as well from them.

i've used them a few times and consistently i get the game on the saturday, not the release friday. now, shopto i tend to get the day before or even 2 days before.

it tends to be a case of - if i'm desperate to get the game, i go shopto since they're lightning fast. if i don't care when i get it and want the cheapest, i'll shop around. sometimes it's amazon, sometimes it's gamestop, sometimes it's zavvi/the hut.

Nyx

Been redecorating my appartment in the last weeks (new paint, new furniture, new kitchen etc etc) and it turns out I won’t be near finished next Friday.

On the other hand, I already have my new couch, so I just need to put the TV on a box, the PS4 on the floor, and play.
What more could I need?

~~Hasan~~

All ps4 consoles are the same. They are made from the same parts. It doesn't matter where its build.

Its either build correctly and it works. Or it doesnt.

There is no special japanese parts that makes the system last longer lol

I noticed something in a PS4 leaflet I picked up.

photo-1.JPG

So not only does it recommend what it thinks you would like but it goes ahead and downloads it without asking. Considering some games are 30gb+ that feature could cause problems for people with caps on monthly downloads!
I assume this can be disabled

This feature was known since february. But its not gonna download +30GB of data without your permission. Games can be ready to play if they've downloaded a fraction of that, also known since the reveal.

Top Bottom