• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

so with the lotus 97t included in the game does this mean we're also getting karts, formula ford, formula 3, f1 test cars and toleman in the day 1 patch?

kaz said they wanted to follow senna's career and they can't do that by skipping straight to 1985

banderas.gif

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
so with the lotus 97t included in the game does this mean we're also getting karts, formula ford, formula 3, f1 test cars and toleman in the day 1 patch?

kaz said they wanted to follow senna's career and they can't do that by skipping straight to 1985

banderas.gif

prolly not all of em are day 1 bruh

still banderas.gif

Chibits12

Banned
I've been playing the Gran Turismo series since middle school and for some reason I'm getting as excited with this one as Gran Turismo 2.

Can Friday come any sooner?

Prophane33

I've been playing the Gran Turismo series since middle school and for some reason I'm getting as excited with this one as Gran Turismo 2.

Can Friday come any sooner?

Ditto. Having bought and played all but GT5 on Day 1 (5 was still the first game I picked up with my PS3 though!), I haven't been this hyped since GT2. This is the absolute worst week for it to come out though, I won't get to actually open and play it till the 13th. So many papers to finish and papers to grade by the 13th when I start my winter break.

Makki

I hope all standard cars get upgraded at some point to full external geometry even if interiors are still missing. For now I would settle with just cleaning up all models...

gokieks

The Mercedes-Benz Vision GT video was neat. And I was amused by this:

avJkBnZ.png

arQqsTk.png

banderas.gif

In the Day 1 patch? You really like to set yourself up for disappointment huh. =P

I actually was thinking about the Senna DLC a while ago and came up with a list of content that I thought would be cool:

Cars:

DAP Racing Kart '79
Honda NSX Ayrton Senna BSS-8888 '93
Lotus 97T '85
Lotus 98T '86
Lotus 99T '87
RALT RT3 Base Model '83
RALT WEST SURREY RACING RT3 '83
Toleman TG184 '84
Van Diemen RF81 Base Model '81
Van Diemen VAN DIEMEN RF81 '81

Tracks:

Autódromo de Interlagos 1979
Autódromo José Carlos Pace 2014
Kartódromo Municipal Ayrton Senna I
Kartódromo Municipal Ayrton Senna II

How would that be?

TTG

I'm surprised they made the effort at all. Happy to see it done, just not something I assumed would have slipped by the bean counters. Guessing this is the last time we'll see "standard" cars, cleaning them up is a clear nod to the fan base with about zero profit to come from it.

Ty4on

It's the same black overlay from GT5.

Speaking of Standard cars, here's the cleaned up Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00, which was one of the worse looking Standards in GT5:

It's so ugly the improved version looks like a regular standard car :p
The tail lights are especially offensive.

meep!

Neo Member
Can't decide if I want to pick this game up or not. I love GT5 but I am in no way a hardcore GT-player, however I haven't seen much that makes this a must have. Then again, I haven't played it so maybe it plays differently from GT5.

Graphic wise it look pretty much the same and other than a few more cars and tracks (how many more tracks are there exactly? not including variations, but actuall new locales) I can't find anything that makes me go "wow, I need this!"

I'm torn on this since I am quite happy with GT5 casually playing that now and then.
I really wish this was a PS4 title with improved graphics, it would be such a sick system seller.

The Stealth Fox

Vormund

I wish there was an option to hide standard cars tbh.

I'll have a look around this week to see if anyone has broken street date here.

My card has already been charged. Hope it will ship early. Strange going back to the PS3 this week between this and FFXIV.

The game installs as you go. It shouldn't always be like this. Per the ISR 1 hour preview, loading times were really fast.

It's also very possible that person is playing a pirated copy. There was a thread on GTPlanet (I don't think it was around for very long) telling people who "backed up" GT6 to disable the install or else the load times will be long.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
This CLK comparison shot is a much clearer look at the differences. It's a massive upgrade:

ETtKzRH.jpg

Snaku

Banned
It's so hard to get excited by these screens after seeing DriveClub and Forza 5. I want to see GT7 immediately.

NeoGash

Christ. It's really just more embarrassing that GT5 had anything in it that looked like that. Still glad they've cleaned things up.

Yeah true, but the premiums looked amazing and better than anything else on consoles. I think I'll end up caving in and buying GT6 for full price at Christmas. First game since Metro: Last Light that I will have paid full price for. Engine sounds or no, I need my racing fix. Forza 4 is awesome so I'll still play that, but man I want some GT goodness and night racing on Bathurst to tide me over for a while.

Shaneus

Apologies if it's been asked already, but do we know how stable the framerate is? That, and things like paint chips and other silly little design decisions... if they're in or not.

But framerate (and sound quality, though from what I hear we're out of luck on that front) is the big one.

NeoGash

sogood.gif

those teeff

Haha LMAO. The guy is an absolute legend! Does anyone have a link to the video?

have they upgraded sounds yet?

Unfortunately not yet it would seem, a patch is supposed to arrive shortly after though apparently. I'm okay with that for now as I need to buy another headset for my PS3 (my other is xbox only....uuugh), and as long as it comes not too long after I'll be extremely happy.

dubc35

Apologies if it's been asked already, but do we know how stable the framerate is? That, and things like paint chips and other silly little design decisions... if they're in or not.

But framerate (and sound quality, though from what I hear we're out of luck on that front) is the big one.

I don't have the game but from browsing the thread it sounds like framerate is good but maybe not steady 60fps and with tearing in cockpit view and sound is the same as GT5.

I've been keeping myself to my own embargo to not watch any videos of the game so I may not be the best to answer this though, lol.

e* did they update the car list on the GT site? Now all cars have the "6" icon next to them
http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html

e2* Dat Rothmans, need Porsche!
http://www.petrolicious.com/first-year-for-historic-rally-cars-at-the-monza-rally-show

Unfortunately not yet it would seem, a patch is supposed to arrive shortly after though apparently. I'm okay with that for now as I need to buy another headset for my PS3 (my other is xbox only....uuugh), and as long as it comes not too long after I'll be extremely happy.

The patch changes the sounds? It's always been my problem with GT. It was fine in the PS1 era but they've barely changed... its lucky the game is so great.

dubc35

The patch changes the sounds? It's always been my problem with GT. It was fine in the PS1 era but they've barely changed... its lucky the game is so great.

I don't think it's been confirmed what the first patch will include. I would not bet on upgraded sounds. I think that will be more GT7, but that's my personal opinion.

Melfice7

Dont get your hopes up on day 1 patch improving sounds, not gonna happen, day 1 patch will activate online, add some cars and probably tweak some little stuff.

The sound patch Kaz talked about most likely wont even make it to GT6

TTG

So, if you've been following the GTR Nismo press that's been coming out for the last week you know that it's one of those cars that will have a Nurburgring package as an option. The two notable differences in the car that lapped the ring in 7:08 vs the standard car are softer dampers and a bigger spoiler and it just so happens that suspension and aero have been deigned to be big improvements in GT6! Wouldn't it be nice if we could get a video of the difference in the game and maybe a DLC Nismo sometime soon... And also, why isn't there a Veneno roadster in the game? Look at this shit:

lamborghini-veneno-roadster_100448326_l.jpg

And why isn't there a fighter pilot outfit that my driver can wear? Or a clown outfit for that matter, I want that done! Ok, I'll stop rambling now, 3 days left!

Skunkers

As said its near 60fps at worst, locked at 60 if set to lower res. IIRC paint chips are back, however I read that you now keep them when they are used, so that sounds great. UI improved all around, and way faster and less loading once everything is background installed. Even the GT Auto stuff is much faster. That's pretty much all of my gripes with GT5 addressed.

T500RS owners, is the fan in your wheel ridiculously loud? I got one of the $150 units from Microcenter yesterday and hooked it up tonight. I had only been playing GT5 for about 30 minutes or so when the fan kicked in. It's not noticeable while racing with the surround system cranked up, but it's obnoxious any other time. A quick google search turned up other owners with the same issue, and it sounds like Thrustmaster will either fix the wheel, or send me a kit to replace the fan themselves. Sent customer support an email, hopefully this is an easy fix, because the wheel itself is great.

nasanu

Banned
maybe a DLC Nismo sometime soon...

That is a safe bet. If you watch the Nismo development video you can see some boxes with GT logos in their garage when they are at the ring testing. There were definitely PD people there.

That's the Japan version. Everything there is a few extra decimal places out, to closer approximate the yen. It'll be a lot less for everyone else, but the price of things will be equally cheaper.

Yeah I just figured that out once they got to the dealerships. The English threw me off.

Top Bottom