• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed: Rivals | OT | In Theaters March 14

Vitor711

nice review deadpool .

i agree even if i haven't finished the game yet i did encounter that glitch and it's really weird since no bug like thses were in their other open world games

Has anyone else had police cars constantly spin out, reverse, and then drive INTO YOUR COP CAR? It's like they got distracted by something else in the distance and just start ignoring the racer they had just been following.

It's maddening. Also annoying, the game spawning cop cars directly in front of you. Stationary cop cars. When you're giving chase. UGH.

Has anyone else had police cars constantly spin out, reverse, and then drive INTO YOUR COP CAR? It's like they got distracted by something else in the distance and just start ignoring the racer they had just been following.

It's maddening. Also annoying, the game spawning cop cars directly in front of you. Stationary cop cars. When you're giving chase. UGH.

Regularly for both and yeah the AI for the cops seems almost non-existent. They do nothing to really help and do a lot more to get in your way be it crashing into you or cutting you off and wrecking you.

Ha, once in the middle of a race, the game spawned a random racer directly in front of me. It like fell from the sky and caused me to crash. Hilarious how stupid this game is sometimes.

It was submitted for certification about a week ago. I just tweeted a member of the dev team again today asking for an update. I'm in the same boat as you. This game is on the shelf til that patch hits.

How long will this proces take? Tried to play the game again yesterday and the stutter ids driving me nuts...really want to play this :/

How long will this proces take? Tried to play the game again yesterday and the stutter ids driving me nuts...really want to play this :/

Yeah, still haven't gotten a reply to my tweet from yesterday. If they find bugs with the patch they can sometimes have to resubmit the patch again, etc. There can be delays.

In this case it's been about a week, so that's still within normal. It could be any day now, or it could be another week. You never know. :/

Newlove

Just experienced my first crash of the game on PS4 when in the garage. Hopefully they patch instances of that. Its also kind of annoying when the host leaves and the message just insta pops up and disrupts the flow of your game. The other day I had a cop that wouldn't leave me alone in All Drive, kept coming for me and busting me every time I left the garage. His car was far better than mine so he could take me out fast..

Just got the twitter response I've been waiting for. He says the patch should be out on the 15th, which is Sunday. Seems like an odd day to release a patch, but he said he "thinks" that's the date.

Sounds like that date is for PS4 and XB1 at least.

Yeah, still haven't gotten a reply to my tweet from yesterday. If they find bugs with the patch they can sometimes have to resubmit the patch again, etc. There can be delays.

In this case it's been about a week, so that's still within normal. It could be any day now, or it could be another week. You never know. :/

Just got the twitter response I've been waiting for. He says the patch should be out on the 15th, which is Sunday. Seems like an odd day to release a patch, but he said he "thinks" that's the date.

Sounds like that date is for PS4 and XB1 at least.

Awesome! Sunday seems a bit odd indeed, but we'll see.

bs000

- When it rain ( with thunder ) on the left side of the map , some sky effect are purple for no reason( seen it 5 times already , it's a graphical glitch that appears at this moment when it rains )

I notice some purple textures driving past certain areas. There's one spot on a mountain that flashes purple for a second every time I drive by. It's distracting.

Does this game crash on regular basis for anyone? Out of all the games I own, yes even BF4, this is the only game making a habit of crashing for me.

Not mid game, but sometimes when I start the game on XB1 it crashes back to dashboard over and over until I restart the console.

nice review deadpool .

i agree even if i haven't finished the game yet i did encounter that glitch and it's really weird since no bug like thses were in their other open world games

It's a really annoying glitch. As you say, it's not in the other games (and I've put a heap of time into them as well, including MW on both Vita and PS3), so you have to wonder what they've done to introduce it in this one!

It's a really annoying glitch. As you say, it's not in the other games (and I've put a heap of time into them as well, including MW on both Vita and PS3), so you have to wonder what they've done to introduce it in this one!

Yeah, it's so dumb. I was wondering if it was happening to anybody else. It gets me so behind in a race

i think this game has plenty of potential but some technical problems are sooooo anoying

Be into a race , less than 1mile from finish

"you've been disconnected from the session"

"migrating hosts"

and when i'm back my opponent is so far ahead i can't catch up .

The Ai of the racer at level 4 and above is quite broken too , a classic case of rubberbanding .. this is nothing new for the franchise , but i've never seen it so obvious...

Damn i want to like this game but ... there plenty of tiny mistakes...

Game crashed a total of three times on me, error messages that gives you option to send to Sony. Thoughts on the game, finished it, I enjoyed and played a bunch but its too repetitive, should have more obstacles and objectives for them similar to paradise, the multiplayer, I thought it would be this mmo for driving, not really, players are just doing there own thing, its not much at all but again I enjoyed it and still playing.

How are the physics and sound effects?

Always loved the sound effects in NFS titles.

Physics are fine 97% of the time , sometimes however your car will , ( WILL ) do something unexpected for no reason.

Sound effects are fine, near very good , car engine effects are mostly fine, often great.

Music transition is done properly

Game is having uneven visual effects in some areas of the map or under certain conditions .it's fine 96% of the time however.

AristoCat

Hey guys, just bought the game on ps4, and I was wondering, Is that normal that I cant make any screencap via the Share button ? I can make video though.

Hey guys, just bought the game on ps4, and I was wondering, Is that normal that I cant make any screencap via the Share button ? I can make video though.

Share is kinda bugued with this game.

Sometimes you can , sometimes you can't . sometimes i just have a moment to share only to realise that i only have the first 15 since i launched the game ( not the last 15 minutes)

it's very weird

I hope this mess get patched

In other words , try to quit the game and retry , if it doesn't work then .....well .... ahem ..

mreddie

So free DLC was released recently, it's the new new Mustang. The patch doesn't do much to fix the issues though, I still have some pop up issues.

mustang_garage_2015.jpg

witness

So free DLC was released recently, it's the new new Mustang. The patch doesn't do much to fix the issues though, I still have some pop up issues.

mustang_garage_2015.jpg

I saw this posted on Twitter and checked the game 20 minutes ago and no patch yet for me on PS4. I'm surprised NFS got the new Mustang before GT6 and Forza 5. Glad its free!

I don't know if a patch downloaded or not but I did notice that after I crash I don't do that stupid crash automatically right after thing anymore

I was playing and had like 70,000sp and had critical damage. I managed to get to a hideout but I drove just a tad to far, passed it up, got smashed by a cop and lost everything. The cop thing and losing money doesn't really bother me too much. I actually like it. It makes it feel more real. I'll be doing a head to head, have a lot of sp and then have the cops start chasing me and just say screw this race I gotta bank my sp. Then frantically try and get away. It actually means something. In other games getting busted is no big deal and there is no consequence. I like losing a bunch of money for not being good enough to get away.

The host thing does stink though. Fortunately every time it has happened I had just barely left the garage and wasn't racing or didn't have a lot of sp

mreddie

You got a patch?

Mine hasn't updated yet.

Since I got the PS3 verison, my game was updated as soon as I popped it in.

It's a Heat 1 car but it goes 200 MPH stock, so it's a good noob car. I heard PC users got the patch as well.

I hope they get a chance to bring at least another free car for the cop users.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
A friend of mine and I tried to get the trophy (PS4) for winning a race against the other but it never showed. I beat him in a head to head, more than once I think. The busting trophy didnt work either though now that I think about it, isn't it because I wasn't a cop?

Are there any specific conditions that have to met for the friendly race?

TEH-CJ

Banned
Physics are fine 97% of the time , sometimes however your car will , ( WILL ) do something unexpected for no reason.

Sound effects are fine, near very good , car engine effects are mostly fine, often great.

Music transition is done properly

Game is having uneven visual effects in some areas of the map or under certain conditions .it's fine 96% of the time however.

Very sorry for the late reply.

Thanks heaps for answering my question. I might pick this up today :)

PS4 player here, i have this weird feelign after completing a speedlist , having +100k Sp and getting back to a hideout as a racer , only for the game to crash ( when i used L1 )..

Now i'm wating for a PS4 patch Asap ..

This is very unacceptable.

What if ..just what if i had more SP ?
Damn i can't shake the feelign this game needed a couple of weeks more in the oven.

So today is supposedly the big patch day for PS4 and XB1. Just checked the PS4 version, and as of 7am Chicago time there is no patch.

Can anyone in Europe check for the update? Also, any Xbox One players, can you check and see if you get an update?

So today is supposedly the big patch day for PS4 and XB1. Just checked the PS4 version, and as of 7am Chicago time there is no patch.

Can anyone in Europe check for the update? Also, any Xbox One players, can you check and see if you get an update?

Just checked ( Europe Netherlands ). There's no patch atm. It's 14:17 PM over here. Hope the game will get patched soon...can't enjoy it atm.

Just checked ( Europe Netherlands ). There's no patch atm. It's 14:17 PM over here. Hope the game will get patched soon...can't enjoy it atm.

I'm already wondering if maybe tomorrow is the real patch day. Sunday is a very strange day for a patch to show up, but that's what the dev said, so.....

I'm already wondering if maybe tomorrow is the real patch day. Sunday is a very strange day for a patch to show up, but that's what the dev said, so.....

Yeah, sunday is a bit strange. Well, I can wait another day I guess, but this is probably the game I will enjoy the most of every launch game, so it's lame that I'm not able to enjoy because of the judder. Never witnessed this with any other 30 fps racer. Blur, Split/Second, Dirt etc...worked all fine for me.

socialQ

Banned
Actually sat down and played PS4 today. And I played a lot of this. Its so good and gorgeous. I've been milking cops as a racer, attacking them near a repair shop and racking in the SPs. so much fun. A human player even came in to attack me but I took him out too.

400k sp banked. woo.

Good times. This game is amazing.

Trading in the bullshit that is NBA2k14 and thinking of picking this up. Quick questions:

EDIT: Would get PS4 version.

Seems a lot of issues with online, is that still happening consistently, have they said anything about it (noticed some mention of a patch but not sure what it addresses)

Do the micro-transactions hinder the game's enjoyment? Are they complete bullshit like 2k14 or are they just "additions" like ACIV or something?

Oooh patch? I guess I'll check this bullshit out once more before it goes back to gamefly. Maybe they actually added the option to invite friends (lol)

Trading in the bullshit that is NBA2k14 and thinking of picking this up. Quick questions:

EDIT: Would get PS4 version.

Seems a lot of issues with online, is that still happening consistently, have they said anything about it (noticed some mention of a patch but not sure what it addresses)

Do the micro-transactions hinder the game's enjoyment? Are they complete bullshit like 2k14 or are they just "additions" like ACIV or something?
This game has micro transactions? Just saw the time saver pack and that's it.

how do you check for a patch?

Every time you sign in on your console it automatically checks for any game patches. If one begins it immediately shows a notification indicating it.

And as McQueen said, if you start the game it also checks then.

I'm not certain of this, but it might also check if you hold down the Playstation button, sign out, and then sign back in.

Just finished the racer campaign ...

it was a nice race , way less broken than in hot pursuit 2010 ...

But the ending is very very underwhelming , almost like the entire campaign in term of story ..

Gotta start Cop now

mreddie

Just finished the racer campaign ...

it was a nice race , way less broken than in hot pursuit 2010 ...

But the ending is very very underwhelming , almost like the entire campaign in term of story ..

Gotta start Cop now

The cop's campaign is interesting per se.

I believe the framerate is more solid with less stuttering.

And sometimes I could see pink textures flickering on mountains before the patch. Didnt see that anymore while playing today.

So you still have stuttering though? Did the pop in improve? I've seen XB1 videos of the game with a lot of pop in at certain points.

Not sure if the PS4 version also has those pop in problems.

nampad

Interested in getting the game. Is the exclusive car from the ultimate cop pack any good?
Don't know if I should go for the limited edition.

Top Bottom