• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu advertising show MGS4 Release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If a Famitsu scan gets posted by a non-regular J-Gaffer, always assume its fake. 2ch likes to screw with everyone, haven't people learned yet? :(

Mato

Choke on the Magic said:
Shit you're right. Hopes crushed. Thread Fail. :(

JESUS.gif

Sorry to derail but where is this from? Was the bus accident real?

Knight77

It seems the japanese text below says "10 Years of MGS - a Hideo Kojima Game".

Anyway...which artwork is that? I can't remember it...

mileS

Darkpen said:
This actually isn't news. MGS4's release date was given to retailers sometime during the past holiday season, like either late december or early january.

While its not the exact same day, the "placeholder's" been June for a while now:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=270173

If anything though, this does confirm it more or less.

:lol sorry to say but that actually isn't news either... Gamestop/EBgames is constantly making up fake release dates and only very rarely do they end up being true or even remotely close.

Tideas said:
I guess no one got the memo? MGS4 is coming out July 08, prepackaged with R2's MP beta
BOOOO You are fucking evil
Seriously I would play R2 beta for weeks and not give a shit about the game it came with for some time.

Darkpen

Banned
mileS said:
:lol sorry to say but that actually isn't news either... Gamestop/EBgames is constantly making up fake release dates and only very rarely do they end up being true or even remotely close.
yeah, I wonder who told you that, huh?

Guess what, all release dates given to GS are from manufacturers, not something they come up with themselves.

mileS said:

Uh, no. You're wrong on multiple counts.

Ephemeris

mileS said:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
snack said:
June 6th.....balls. I thought it was sooner.
So you want the game to suck?!

SamuraiX-

Segata Sanshiro said:
I have a copy of this week's Famitsu right here in front of me.

Uh-huh. And? Can you scan us some images? Does the scan of the page that was already posted have a release date on that page in the magazine you have?

Sorry about the wait. I wanted to check page-by-page to be certain.

That "ad" DOES NOT appear ANYWHERE in this week's Famitsu, with or without the release date.

Knight77

Segata Sanshiro said:
Sorry about the wait. I wanted to check page-by-page to be certain.

That "ad" DOES NOT appear ANYWHERE in this week's Famitsu, with or without the release date.

Well solved. Now I guess we have to wait the KP Report of next week. If the memory doesn't trick me Konami said they are gonna say the release date in the end of this month.

SamuraiX-

But where exactly did that artwork come from? An older edition of Famitsu? I doubt anyone could just draw that up themselves.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I looked through Famitsu myself and did not see that.

I definitely would have noticed something like that haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom