• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, looks like that is a hope unfuillied.

Noooo. :(

I hope it's not a perm :(

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 11:

Sweet dreams are made of these, who am I to disagree, I travel the world and the seven seas, every body it looking for something. Some of them want to abuse you some of them want to be abused by you.

I...don't know whether to think of this as positive or negative, so I'm just gonna throw this out there that TTGL's Libera me From Hell OST goes perfectly with this episode IMO.

...With all the talent these people have, can't they cross Sonic over with something else? Can't they? How about Gurren Lagann? Or Attack on Titan?

cajunator

Banned
Noooo. :(

I hope it's not a perm :(

I...don't know whether to think of this as positive or negative, so I'm just gonna throw this out there that TTGL's Libera me From Hell OST goes perfectly with this episode IMO.

...With all the talent these people have, can't they cross Sonic over with something else? Can't they? How about Gurren Lagann? Or Attack on Titan?

I heard he asked for temp ban so it probably isnt.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-21695.html

Oh wow,japan will release a book to talk about how&why Girls und Panzer from bottom of fall 2012/no one care about to top of fall 2012 and sold like crazy(it even beat SAO,you know)

What you guys think about GuP when you watched the PV or first episode?
And is anything changed after watched last episode?
Tmf4L1e.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
ILpqU4v.png

My MALGraph is fucked because I don't rate anything that I don't complete. Considering that I have 300+ dropped/stalled series alone, that ends up badly skewing my results.

duckroll

Oh wow,japan will release a book to talk about how&why Girls und Panzer from bottom of fall 2012/no one care about to top of fall 2012 and sold like crazy(it even beat SAO,you know)

I was interested in the series from the beginning because it was a ridiculous concept by a director and a write I felt had the potential to make it work. I didn't really have any expectations other than "cute girls and tanks". After watching the first episode I felt it had a lot of potential because it was funny but also unique, and the final shot in the episode showed that the setting of the show was more ambitious in a crazy way than I thought. By the fourth episode it was one of the best shows of that season.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Pretty sure many were interested in Girls Und Panzer simply for the concept and no nonsense title along. This is AnimeGAF, the cute girl shows are usually the first ones people watch.

And yeah, that episode one ending was CRAZY!

cajunator

Banned

It had little cute anime girl heads popping out the top of tanks and stuff. It was so adorable I had to watch it and Im glad I did.

I watched the nauseating intro of GuP and dropped it for months because of how utterly horrible it was. I came back after the whole thing was finished and enjoyed it. I probably would have watched it earlier if I knew it was Saki with tanks. But fuck that intro.

Defuser

The tank battles, the action, the strategies, the teamwork is what made Girls Und Panzer so damn good. I didn't watch it for the cute girl nonsense.

cnet128

Banned
I dropped Girls und Panzer after the second episode because the whole tank element didn't appeal to me in the slightest. Then it blew up into a massive phenomenon and I've been vaguely curious about what I'm missing ever since. Not curious enough to actually watch it, mind.

When will it be time? people have been saying that for the past five weeks at least and all we get is ceaseless Shoot versus people no one cares about fighting.

Next episode, it will be time.

EDIT: Also, why does no-one care about Yupi? Yupi is great. If anything it's Shoot himself that's a little underwhelming.

BluWacky

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii is directed by Hajime Kamegaki at Pierrot, character designs by Ichiro Uno

Oh, how odd. I never thought this would get animated (it's a fairly small scale shoujo fantasy romance) - I've only read a couple of chapters of the manga but it's okay, I can't imagine it making a particularly good anime though.

Not 100% on the character designer as the first kanji for the lastname doesn't match on ANN but credits seem to? http://www7.atwiki.jp/anime_wiki/pages/8723.html vs http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=24225

Yeah, it's the wrong "u" kanji in Uno isn't it.I think you're probably right - I can't find any Ichiro Uno's listed anywhere with the kanji ANN's using, probably just a typo.

cajunator

Banned
Not the OP. The nauseating CG shaky cap first person abomination they opened the show with.

Well that was an odd way to begin but I was sold with the cute little head views. I legit squeed and that was that.

Thanks duckroll for pointing it out, I just scrolled over seeing Haikyuu!!... TV anime for Parasyte is scheduled for October: http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/634/050/html/ta_19.jpg.html

Official site's url is shortened to soreseka... so maybe that'll stick.

Since I'm spamming anyways, I'll post this sekai seifuku pic:

gracias.

Funny because I literally (literally literally) just finished the last episode about 10 minutes ago. Honestly it was a super enjoyable series. I'd only picked it up because I had seen it mentioned a few times in this year's AoTY voting but I was pleasantly surprised. It was an utterly ridiculous concept done in a very competent fashion.

Team History-Girls for best.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know I have the lowest standards but I can't be the only one who wasn't bothered by the CGI in the GuP intro and I'm referring to things like the textures.

Gbraga

Since I'm spamming anyways, I'll post this sekai seifuku pic:

That black haired girl is so beautiful TT_TT

I'll try to watch a few more episodes today just to see her.

Also I need to watch the new Witch Craft Works, it comes out today on CR, right?

Kagari was super cute last episode.

I know I have the lowest standards but I can't be the only one who wasn't bothered by the CGI in the GuP intro and I'm referring to things like the textures.

Sure, and the CGI in the final sequence is even more awkward looking. I didn't think it significantly influenced the quality overall though.

I heard he asked for temp ban so it probably isnt.

Oh, so the ban had nothing to do with the little fight from a few pages back? What a twist.

Next episode, it will be time.

Hopefully. I've given HxH a break because I feel that it's better to watch multiple episodes of this show in succession, rather than once a week. But if that scene from the manga happens next episode, then I'll pick it up again.

Jintor

I am a real sucker for ridiculous concepts done extremely well and GuP was it.

It really was the final shot of the first episode that really drew me in though. I was like WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Midonin

I'm mostly ambivalent towards GuP. I like the girls, but I felt they didn't get enough screentime compared to the tanks, and having the hardware feel more important than the humans is just weird for me. Plus there were so many of them that most of them never got very deep characterization.

duckroll

It's not about standards when something makes you feel physically ill.

That probably has less to do with the quality of CG and more to do with your tolerance level for the framerate and movement of handheld cameras. I have a friend who simply cannot watch any handheld cam stuff. She can throw up after just watching 5 minutes of footage shot off a handheld cam in first person view.

cajunator

Banned
That black haired girl is so beautiful TT_TT

I'll try to watch a few more episodes today just to see her.

Also I need to watch the new Witch Craft Works, it comes out today on CR, right?

Kagari was super cute last episode.

Black haired girl is Plamya and shes very loved it seems.

It's not about standards when something makes you feel physically ill.

That definitely cannot be helped. If it makes you sick it just does. Same applies when I play/watch first person shooters. the movement and the viewpoint makes me feel ill within an hour.

I approve this rating system.

As do I!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
FPSs give me motion sickness.

Also felt a bit off after finishing Cloverfield (and not because of the quality of the movie)

Thoraxes

Pet Girl of Sakurasou - 14

At first I was all excited, but the endings for both parties happened.

JWu2OTY.gif

I feel like my rage is only going to intensify the more
Nanami gets hurt and Misaki doesn't fully win.
And it's gonna be like this, I can already feel it.

Nobunaga the Fool 03

... You know, I really have nothing to say about this show aside from proclaiming my love of Da Vinci. Which is weird since I'm relatively enjoying it.

cajunator

Banned
Pet Girl of Sakurasou - 14

At first I was all excited, but the endings for both parties happened.

JWu2OTY.gif

I feel like my rage is only going to intensify the more
Nanami gets hurt and Misaki doesn't fully win.
And it's gonna be like this, I can already feel it.

Do you still have that old Madoka app? Maybe poke her a little and you will feel better.

Tokyo Ravens Episode 17_DARKNESS_EMERGE_ -Razor-
tumblr_inline_n0h4pbM6OK1rxlhmd.jpg

Best part in the op.

Well that was a fantastic end to the Darkness Emerge arc. Shaver lived up to expectations and being best familiar thus far offering fantastic skills and moves the whole time. EpicTora was amazing this episode and just plain incredible. Each of these arcs consistently delivers fantastic action for the climax and each feels better and better. I wish the LNs would release here in the states as its really, personally, rivaling mahouka for me.

Hunter x Hunter 115

It's like Madhouse thinks I won't notice they keep ending episodes with a still of Gon's determined face like something's totally about to happen :p

Zoned out once or twice during this one. I'm struggling to care about wolf man and octospy while I'm waiting for Gon to punch Pitou's teeth in. The brief Knuckle/Youpi scene had nice animation at least, and I got a kick out of Knuckle's Super Mario jump up the stairs.

Trigun 23
A pretty moving episode with
Wolfwood's death. I felt he was better character compared to Vash. The realist versus the idealist. The timing at which he was killed seemed to have deeper meaning to, as it was a he finally accepted Vash's philosophy only to be shot up and make that speech before dying showing that the idealist way is doomed to failure for most. It was definitely quite sad.

That probably has less to do with the quality of CG and more to do with your tolerance level for the framerate and movement of handheld cameras. I have a friend who simply cannot watch any handheld cam stuff. She can throw up after just watching 5 minutes of footage shot off a handheld cam in first person view.

Definitely. It was the movement and camera work, not the CG. Thankfully the rest of the show didn't have much more of that.

duckroll

Oooooooooooh yeah! BONES original here we come! <3

The manga author of Noragami has designed a brand new anime original character for the second half of the anime series. The design was requested by the director as an opposing rival to Yato who has links to his past. Rabou will show up from episode 7 onwards, and will be a major part of the remainder of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom