• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalFool

Banned
Noooes!!

Out of all the items for my bank to put a random security check on, it had to be the Vita pre-order. The delivery date has now changed to Thursday. I even had tomorrow booked off.

Where is that fry 'take my money' jpg when I need it!

Pachimari

Finally made an order for the 32GB Memory Card at Lockerz!

Hopefully it'll be here soon and I really hope I'll receive an SMS from my post office in like 2 hours..

I'm just afraid if the PS Vita will feel like some cheap plastic. I know others have said it still feels premium because of the materials.
But the HMZ-T1 3D Personal Viewer I got feels like a cheap plastic toy that can break any moment.

graywolf323

Noooes!!

Out of all the items for my bank to put a random security check on, it had to be the Vita pre-order. The delivery date has now changed to Thursday. I even had tomorrow booked off.

Where is that fry 'take my money' jpg when I need it!

depends, which version do you want?

it's everywhere you want to be -
ih90C.jpg
or classic -
lCic5.jpg

Bumhead

Banned
Noooes!!

I actually went into my bank yesterday on my lunch break to inform them that Amazon were going to be taking money from my account and for the fraud team to be aware of it. I have a long and annoying history of the fraud team with my bank just straight up cancelling transactions and even blocking my card for legitimate purchases.

It's 07:42 here and I'm up eagerly awaiting the postman. Can't even risk missing the delivery today so I'm not moving from the sofa until he's been (and then when he has, I'll glue myself to the sofa again to play some Viiiitaaaaa)

demolitio

Damn, I wish I trusted my dad to watch my Vita while I'm under because they now expect me to get the hospital 3 fucking hours before surgery so I'm going to have too much time to kill which is where the Vita would come in handy. I plan on running out to Target at 8 AM when they open to get it so I have it for when I'm home at least. But the reason I bring this up is because I was wondering if any of you adults use handhelds out in public or not? I'm torn because usually I say no and only use it at my house or at a hotel, etc. but not out in public, but when you have 3 hours to kill, it's a little tempting to bring the Vita.

Then again, I don't think I'd trust myself with it afterwards until I got home so I'm not sure.

All I know is that the Unit 13 demo has me excited as a SOCOM fan even if I think it's more of an experiment of Zipper's than an actual game. This launch window might be the best I've seen in a while considering how many games I want at launch and then two more just a few weeks afterwards. I still can't decide on The Show PS3 or Vita...lol

d0c_zaius

Do you guys host lobbies? I need more people on my friends list to play UMvC3 with.

PSN: nya_08

I'm pretty scrubby though.

hell yea. Now that I've seen online for myself and how the game handles, I'll be hosting more for sure. Although people will have to bear with me as I relearn pad.

and dont worry about being a scrub. Its all about learning and having a good time, and maybe picking wesker if you lose to skillzilla too many times.

DBT85

I don't know if this was covered overnight, but apparently Amazon has said that they are not getting that Thrustmaster VIP case until March 2nd now. Play.com have that as their date also. Zavvi have not changed their site and it still says Feb 22nd.

On a plus note, my Amazon.co.uk orders are now marked as dispatching soon. That is

1) Uncharted £28
2) Rayman and Lumines £12
3) 3G Vita, 8GB card, Rayman £275

Nice to see they are not cancelling the rayman/lumines pricing error.

Now I can go back and check the overnight chatter!

I'm also down for 'dispatching soon' with Amazon
I expect it'll be dispatched later in the day, and with any luck be delivered tomorrow (first class post, but not next day delivery) I won't mind if it arrives on thursday though, I'm actually pretty chilled about the launch

demolitio

Would be nice if the Unit 13 demo had online co-op.

Yea, it's pointless otherwise since that's where the fun will be at. It's just a damn shame there's no competitive MP given their SOCOM background but like I said earlier, I see this as an experiment and also a game they wanted to get out for launch that can use the 3G for the leaderboards.

I really hope a new FTB is in the works.

Bumhead

Banned
I don't know if this was covered overnight, but apparently Amazon has said that they are not getting that Thrustmaster VIP case until March 2nd now. Play.com have that as their date also. Zavvi have not changed their site and it still says Feb 22nd.

Oh really?

I've ordered that case and it still says 21st February for dispatch estimate and 23rd February for delivery estimate, although it's status is still "Not Yet Dispatched" despite the fact that everything else I ordered from Amazon has either been dispatched or is set to dispatching soon.

That's a kick in the knackers. I'm off to a friends this weekend and was really hoping I'd have a decent case to transport the Vita in.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

On a plus note, my Amazon.co.uk orders are now marked as dispatching soon. That is

1) Uncharted £28
2) Rayman and Lumines £12
3) 3G Vita, 8GB card, Rayman £275

Nice to see they are not cancelling the rayman/lumines pricing error.

Now I can go back and check the overnight chatter!

My cheap Ubisoft games are dispatching soon too - phew!

Really pleased about that. Can't wait to play Rayman and Lumines.

Oh really?

I've ordered that case and it still says 21st February for dispatch estimate and 23rd February for delivery estimate, although it's status is still "Not Yet Dispatched" despite the fact that everything else I ordered from Amazon has either been dispatched or is set to dispatching soon.

That's a kick in the knackers. I'm off to a friends this weekend and was really hoping I'd have a decent case to transport the Vita in.

What made you pick the VIP case over the SPF case by the way? The SPF one seems better to me for the game storage + slightly cheaper but everyone seems to be going VIP.

Ooooooooooooooo, I'm officially excited now. I've just received an email confirmation here in the UK that my PSV, accessories and games order is being delivered early this afternoon. They even named the driver! :)

Can't wait. Today is really going to drag at work now though. :(

Hyuga

Banned
Ooooooooooooooo, I'm officially excited now. I've just received an email confirmation here in the UK that my PSV, accessories and games order is being delivered early this afternoon. They even named the driver! :)

Can't wait. Today is really going to drag at work now though. :(

Awesome!
I will get my stuff tomorrow :-/

Bumhead

Banned
What made you pick the VIP case over the SPF case by the way? The SPF one seems better to me for the game storage + slightly cheaper but everyone seems to be going VIP.

Vanity.

The VIP case just looks nicer to me. Game card storage wasn't a huge consideration for me as I have other solutions for that.

May have to pick up another case though and see whatever I can get before Saturday as I really don't want to be carrying that thing around naked.

Bebpo

Banned
Is there some activity log type thing (like the 3DS/Wii) that shows how long you've played a particular game (in-case the game doesn't have an in-game clock)?

Eusis

Huh, Hori Vita case entered the shipping process. Wonder if it actually IS possible to get this the same day as the system afterall?

Grumbul

Well ShopTo just got my 3GVita to me along with Uncharted: Golden Abyss and a16GB memory card.

Add to that two days off work and all is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom