• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
When you switch accounts (aka regions), if you don't deactivate when you leave an account and then when you come back to it if you activate again, does it use up a 2nd activation even though it's the same hardware ID tag?

Basically if you keep switching accounts over the weeks/months on one Vita is it possible to use up all your activations and be locked out of all your games? Or do the activations go by some sort of hardware ID tag so as long as its the same system it'll never use up more than 1 activation?
You only need to deactivate if you're sending the system away for repair, or selling it off.
It's tied to the hardware ID.

I activated my JPN and US accounts, and have switched multiple times without deactivating again.

tino

Banned
The Motorola Droid Razr uses Super Amoled Plus technology and is advertised by Motorola as such. They even go as far as to say their screen tech gives higher output [and yes it's a Samsung screen made by Samsung].
So Sony not mentioning it is not a big deal if the screen is in fact Super Amoled Plus.

Nobody would mention it. The Nokia N8 uses Samsung's screen too but they refused to acknowledge it.

Ken

Here's what's appearing on the SEN/PSN store tomorrow. Sadly, this doesn't include Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. I'm almost convinced I should pick up the physical version, get the DD version next week, and MAYBE keep the physical version after that...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/19/the-drop-week-of-february-20th-2012-new-releases/

Hm, maybe I'll pick up DW: NEXT from the PSN store instead of waiting next week for Amazon to deliver. Katamari too.

...I must fight the urge to try to fill up my game bubble page with games.

daoster

I'm not on my PS3 right now, but I forget....is Valkyria Chronicles 2 on DD? ANd if so, is it compatible with Vita? I will double dip for this system!

Respawn

Banned
WOW. Retro City Rampage looks good. The music just gave me TMNT NES nostalgia.

Seriously. I don't know why they did that. I would assume its to limit peoples playtime with the demo unit since a line built up behind me, but thats a dumb reason. I played for a good 20 minutes. (Yeah I was that guy even though 30% of that was booting+load times) :D

Man you weren't kidding. Sold! May release right?

WTF I ordered my Uncharted and a Vita from Lockerz on the same day and nothing has shipped out.. It's like they do it at random.

Seriously! My friend ordered his 32GB card a few hours later than be and has already received it! >.<

Weird, cause both games said 1-2biz days. Fingers crossed heh
That's what my items said the day I ordered them...on Feb 9th LOL

I am debating whether or not I should cancel my NGS+ preorder to see if Amazon will include it in their B2G1 sale

Pachimari

Do you guys know where I can order a 32GB memory card other than Ebay?

I seem to remember that Sony themselves said we could just import one from the US.

Kuren

No Sigma?

Sony dropping the ball on day and date digital releases already?

What I THINK is because Sigma releases on Wednesday technically, that it doesn't make the Tuesday PSN update. I'm not sure. I hope this is a one time thing around the official launch of the Vita, otherwise I'll be annoyed in future instances.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Weird, cause both games said 1-2biz days. Fingers crossed heh
All orders "say" that. :(

Actually, I just got my Katamari shipping notice from them today.
Still waiting on the 32GB card though. I need that badly, can't live on this 4GB card at all. I need my demos!

What I THINK is because Sigma releases on Wednesday technically, that it doesn't make the Tuesday PSN update. I'm not sure. I hope this is a one time thing around the official launch of the Vita, otherwise I'll be annoyed in future instances.
I'm ALMOST willing to give them that, but Army Corp of Hell is 22nd as well.

Bebpo

Banned
Also it seems like before you change accounts/regions you'll want to sync your trophies because when you change it wipes your local trophies as it thinks you've never played the games before. Then when you play them they show up but I'm not sure if it's getting the trophy info off the cart or off your PSN account. If it's the latter than any trophies earned but not sync'd would be lost.

Toki767

Nope. Army Corps of Hell, Dynasty Warriors, and Shinobido 2 all have a release date for Wednesday. I'm not sure if the blog just screwed up as some people have mentioned or if the PSN part was left out on purpose.

Here's what's appearing on the SEN/PSN store tomorrow. Sadly, this doesn't include Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. I'm almost convinced I should pick up the physical version, get the DD version next week, and MAYBE keep the physical version after that...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/19/the-drop-week-of-february-20th-2012-new-releases/

I can't fucking believe that they're already fucking up digital releases. Touch my Katamari isn't going to be on PSN tomorrow? This is fucking clownshoes.

All orders "say" that. :(

Actually, I just got my Katamari shipping notice from them today.
Still waiting on the 32GB card though. I need that badly, can't live on this 4GB card at all. I need my demos!
Same here, this 4GB card is killing me :(

Now is not the time to make rethink going with Lockerz, people.
I would say they are good if you want something discounted but not right away. They seem to do fine on preorders though (as long as you order 4 business days before release date)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Also it seems like before you change accounts/regions you'll want to sync your trophies because when you change it wipes your local trophies as it thinks you've never played the games before. Then when you play them they show up but I'm not sure if it's getting the trophy info off the cart or off your PSN account. If it's the latter than any trophies earned but not sync'd would be lost.
Yeah, you definitely have to sync before you switch or they will be lost.

Cartman86

Banned
Ugh. Well I'm already putting in some real money to start off with...

I think it's worth the extra money to never have to worry about game boxes/swapping carts out of that flimsy-looking cover...

That's it. I'm calling it. 100% digital. No physical copies. No matter what. I CAN DO IT! I'M STRONG!

I'm going for it as well. In addition to switching out games if the next Sony handheld supports digital Vita games and not physical I would be pissed knowing I had the opportunity to avoid that issue at the start. I imagine i'll have all the stuff i'm actively playing on my main 32 card and then backup stuff on either another card or more likely on my PC/PS3.

Takuya

Banned
I can't fucking believe that they're already fucking up digital releases. Touch my Katamari isn't going to be on PSN tomorrow? This is fucking clownshoes.

Like the posters above pointed out... Are you unable to see the Katamari picture and description in the blog? o_O

Really? then why does stuff like Shinobido 2 list it as (PSN/Gamecard) and Touch my Katamari does not? Typo?

Neither does Hustle Kings. =p

jambo

Me reading through this thread:

I_has_a_sad.gif

Shortages in Australia mean that I have to wait until early March or hope that someone cancels a pre-order.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Really? then why does stuff like Shinobido 2 list it as (PSN/Gamecard) and Touch my Katamari does not? Typo?
I see what you're saying.
In that case, they should be stating that Sigma would release retail, but it's not there at all.

I don't know, that post doesn't seem reliable now.
We'll see tomorrow.

Like the posters above pointed out... Are you unable to see the Katamari picture and description in the blog? o_O

Sorry, Im unfamiliar with the drop, was unaware that it was everything on PSN. If that's the case though, then why are some games listed as (PSN/Game Card) and some are not?

Cripes, all these buy 2-get 1 free sales are seriously putting a damper on my "100% all digital" Vita idea. I just really loved the idea of no goddamn game boxes. Ever.

Now I'm not so sure...

You don't go digital if you're concerned about price. You go digital only if you want the convenience. You go retail for cheaper games, selling back your games, trading, borrowing, and loaning games and the guarantee way of future proofing your purchase.

Pachimari

I'll try buy from Lockerz now, hopefully PlanetAxel won't send me a 32GB as well, as I really had no order at them - worst site I have shopped at ever yet.

graywolf323

The Drop isn't the PS Blog's most reliable entries

if Ninja Gaiden isn't on the actual store update tomorrow I would be surprised (and dismayed)

I expect both may become Suite apps so Sony can have them running on a variety of platforms.

Different divisions of Sony are starting to work together. Just look at how they got rid of PSN and implemented SEN instead. Sony will start to look for synergy soon between their different devices including the Vita.

When Sony killed the comics store last June/July, they said the team was working on bringing digital comics to other Sony devices. My guess is that they're gonna combine that digital book technology with their ebook store and add a kid's book store thing like ipad/kindle and add touchscreen, ps3, pc compatibility to it. They will call it something like Ebook Unlimited or Comic Book Unlimited.

I do want to know what happens to the comics you downloaded on psp. SOL on those?

I wish the Vita did 3D =[

I think a revision might bring that for you, but I would rather get Internal SSD memory and HDMI out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom