• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 6 |OT| Fulfill Your Destiny

Hindl

Cowherd is out here saying Wentz is going to be the next Godgers.
Cowherd says whatever is going to get him attention. Although he was very high on Wentz last year too. But it's ultimately meaningless, it's only Week 6. Offensive injuries and regression are still possible

Because then the kids have to come.

My wife is very particular about babysitters.

What kind of dinner are we talking about from Sizzler? We talking about a regular steak dinner or an admirals feast big ass extravaganza? Because unless you Rihanna you better settle for the regular steak dinner.
Go with the Steak and all you can eat shrimp.

ESPN obtained following letter that Roger Goodell sent to NFL teams within past 30 minutes:
To: Chief Executives/ Club Presidents
Date: October 10, 2017
Re: Fall Meeting/National Anthem

We live in a country that can feel very divided. Sports, and especially the NFL, brings people together and lets them set aside those divisions, at least for a few hours. The current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country.

I’m very proud of our players and owners who have done the hard work over the past year to listen, understand and attempt to address the underlying issues within their communities. At our September committee meetings, we heard directly from several players about why these issues are so important to them and how we can support their work. And last week, we met with the leadership of the NFLPA and more players to advance the dialogue.
Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem. It is an important moment in our game. We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us. We also care deeply about our players and respect their opinions and concerns about critical social issues. The controversy over the Anthem is a barrier to having honest conversations and making real progress on the underlying issues. We need to move past this controversy, and we want to do that together with our players.

Building on many discussions with clubs and players, we have worked to develop a plan that we will review with you at next week’s League meeting. This would include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues, and that will help to promote positive change in our country. We want to ensure that any work at the League level is consistent with the work that each club is doing in its own community, and that we dedicate a platform that can enable these initiatives to succeed. Additionally, we will continue the unprecedented dialogue with our players.

I expect and look forward to a full and open discussion of these issues when we meet next week in New York. Everyone involved in the game needs to come together on a path forward to continue to be a force for good within our communities, protect the game, and preserve our relationship with fans throughout the country. The NFL is at its best when we ourselves are unified. In that spirit, let’s resolve that next week we will meet this challenge in a unified and positive way
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...01791479304192

I really like how he says he is proud of what the owners have done in the past year to help with this issue. WTF has Bob Kraft or Jerry Jones done to help with BLM?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think I'm done with the sport when they make it an official rule you have to stand for the anthem or be punished

Get ready to quit because you know that’s happening. They’ll make a token donation to some ineffective civil rights charity to offset the rule change so they have something to point at when the critics come.

Fletcher Cox a full participant at practice today. Bodes well for him being able to go on Thurs night.

Thank god. Getting the pass rush home on Cam could be the biggest difference maker in this game. If somehow Johnson is good to go then the Eagles prospects could be much better.

This is one of the biggest games of the season IMO.

Get ready to quit because you know that’s happening.

I know, hence why I said "when", not "if"

They already blackballed Kaep for starting this, and that was just when he was the only one doing it. They're going the distance here, it's foolish to hope otherwise.

Weather's about to be nice, it's Halloween season, and Sunday's like the third-best day of the week. I'll find something to do.

Will probably still stick around the thread because a lot of you are good and will at least tell the awful white men in the league to fuck off with each despicable move they'll inevitably make, which is a lot more than I can say for other places. Worst case, my PMs will be open <3

Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem. It is an important moment in our game. We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us. We also care deeply about our players and respect their opinions and concerns about critical social issues.

I don't believe that everyone should stand and no you don't fucking care deeply about your players, nor do you fucking respect their opinions and concerns.

Fox318

Go basketball!

image.php

Jared Odrick wrote a thing http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-national-anthem-protests-who-do-you-cheer-for

Pro football is not slavery, but like all American labor relations between the haves and have-nots in the U.S., its practices stem from the chattel economy. It’s a system set up by rich white men to fool young strapping black men into thinking they're building their own identity, their own purpose, their own moral code. In reality, that code is written and enforced by the men in suits looking down from their skyboxes.

The conception of football, as well as our country, is relatively fresh. With the beautiful creations we call America and football comes the undeniably messy accomplice of afterbirth. We’ve marveled at our magnificent creations, disregarding the importance of the placenta and improperly crediting our existence as a nation. Instead of discarding this vital accomplice, we’re now realizing how nutritious it is for us to chew on it. Hopefully we will reach a point where this country recognizes the black community as a life source and not a blemished accessory.

The people who buy in and have success in this economy, and go on to actual celebrity in a global sense, owe everything they have to this warped morality. Ray Lewis, much like many other star athletes who are hoisted on a pedestal by the game, is too high up to see the foundation that pedestal is built upon. Athletes like Lewis lack introspection but thrive in projecting their learned morality onto others when microphones are put in their faces.

People like Lewis crave the attention of sports talk shows because it fortifies the legend the system built. They bought into their own hype. If they were to question the very system that has given all that they have — the career, the stats, the records, the adoration, the wife, the house, the car, the foundation and the fame — they'd be questioning their very existence. Who wants to do that at 40 years old, with $20 million in the bank and a TV camera following you around? Why face reality when you can have your very own statue in front of a stadium? Memorializing yourself is the best way to suppress the real history, whether we're talking about pleading guilty to obstruction of justice after being charged with double homicide or, in a broader sense, genocide and slavery.

Ray's kneeling, weeks after condemning the protest, didn't go unnoticed. It was quite an unorthodox stance for such a devout worshipper, seeing that Ray directly contradicted his statements from a month ago.

Most of us don’t end up like Lewis. We don’t get to be broadcasters, or coaches, or public speakers, because the world doesn’t adore self-sufficient black men. It opts for black men like Ray Lewis, who sang and danced to the right tune, or our white counterparts.

I remember playing in Foxborough while I was with the Dolphins, waiting at our own goal line during an instant replay review. My eyes panned around the stadium looking for my family, but I got distracted by the dozens of cutout faces of Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski and Julian Edelman. Some of these cutouts were accompanied with big “MARRY ME” signs, held up by red-cheeked New England women wearing fuzzy ear-warmers. I tend to talk shit when I know there’s nothing else to do in the fourth quarter in New England but lose, so I walked up to LeGarrette Blount and asked, “Man, where’s your cardboard cutout? I see Tom, I see Gronk, I see Edelman, but no you? That’s funny, ain’t it?”

He chuckled, “man, you don’t think I know the score?”

I was talking to my wife yesterday about the Jerry Jones garbage, and I think having the bye this week will be the break I need to just... stop. If I was a fan of another team, I could get away thinking that maybe my team is probably full of pieces of shit and cowards, but having the receipts is something else. I thought the team deserved their 4-12 record in 2015 for the greg hardy trash.

I can regularly engage with media and stuff that has baggage, but I don't think I can anymore with this bullshit. Fuck Jerry Jones and probably 30 other owners who probably have the same ideas(I figure theres gotta be 1 good one in the league).

just ugh.

I don't believe that everyone should stand and no you don't fucking care deeply about your players, nor do you fucking respect their opinions and concerns.

fans buy 2 dollar beer for 14 dollars they are both way too important to our income for us to upset them, and also too stupid to try to explain what's really going on, so this is the most milquetoast statement I can possibly make

I can regularly engage with media and stuff that has baggage, but I don't think I can anymore with this bullshit. Fuck Jerry Jones and probably 30 other owners who probably have the same ideas(I figure theres gotta be 1 good one in the league).

just ugh.

:jnc They've even got the Pakistani immigrant owner donating money to Trump, they're all cunts.

If you stop watching does Trump win or lose?

I'll stop watching because him and jerry are assholes, not because of his point about the flag, but it technically means ratings are down so he wins either way I guess.

He's made an entire life of failing his way into victory, and not supporting the NFL because he's an asshole gives him the win regardless, so the cycle continues.

I'll stop watching because him and jerry are assholes, not because of his point about the flag, but it technically means ratings are down so he wins either way I guess.

He's made an entire life of failing his way into victory, and not supporting the NFL because he's an asshole gives him the win regardless, so the cycle continues.

Not supporting the NFL -> The owners lose money -> You've pissed off people who donate millions to Trump -> Trump loses

bionic77

You stanned basketball/the NBA specifically, a league that already has standing for the anthem in its rules. If anything this costs you with a V, not a full W
Life is often about compromise.

The JCBs are wise and follow these rules because it is foolish to fight nature.

Nothing is perfect but the NBA remains and will continue to be the official sport of the bois. Greg Pop remains our official spokesperson.

Brady and Billy are probably the reps for the NFL...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If you stop watching does Trump win or lose?

He wins if you're using his bullshit to influence your decisions. I'm going to do what I always do, regardless what the orange shitstain wants. He's being divisive, stop taking the bait.

:jnc They've even got the Pakistani immigrant owner donating money to Trump, they're all cunts.

I honestly think Lurie is the one semi-decent one in the group. He fucked up his own statement on the protests but I get the sense that he at least understands why they are doing it and is kind of okay with it. Compared to the other owners he seems like a good guy at least.

Vixdean

Doesn't the NFLPA have to agree to any rule changes as well? I don't see any sort of "stand for the anthem" rule actually being adopted, but that doesn't mean owners won't enforce it unofficially by suspending players who don't.

Farooq

Banned
Life is often about compromise.

The JCBs are wise and follow these rules because it is foolish to fight nature.

Nothing is perfect but the NBA remains and will continue to be the official sport of the bois. Greg Pop remains our official spokesperson.

Brady and Billy are probably the reps for the NFL...

Where does MLB stand with the JCB community?

Top Bottom