• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED bringing Earth Defense Force 4.1 to PlayStation 4 in fall 2015

eastx

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair

[Platform: PS4™ system; Release: Fall 2015]

The wild sci-fi action of the Earth Defense Force series comes to the PS4™ system for the first time in this complete reimagining of Earth Defense Force 2025, now with silky smooth framerates, beefed-up graphics, and over 50% new content. After selecting from one of four unique playable classes and customizing their weapons, players will lead NPC troops into city-wide battles against hordes of seemingly endless giant bugs, robots, and other colossal enemies. Two players can enjoy local co-op and versus modes, while online co-op supports up to four players to increase the odds against this massive alien threat.

XSEED is also releasing Earth Defense Force 2 on Vita in the fall. See thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053962

Both games were playable at E3!

EDF41_Fami-shot_09-17-14_001.jpg

English trailers
Japanese trailers

Is it possible to carry over anything from the ps3 version? I only had time to play a small bit of that version. I would prefer to play this one instead and would like to pick up where I left off.

now with silky smooth framerates
This will feel way too weird. 5 FPS slowdowns were a trademark of the series!

Alas, EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF!

Brannon

Now all we need is twice the number of bugs. Then do quadruple bugs with dynamic resolution. Let this happen!

Kyoufu

Is it possible to carry over anything from the ps3 version?

This will feel way too weird. 5 FPS slowdowns were a trademark of the series!

Alas, EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF!

Nothing carries over and the frame rate doesn't stay silky smooth for long, however it's nowhere as bad as the PS3 version was.

I'm excited as hell to buy a game that's 80% similar to one I already own.

Yes, I really, actually am. Thanks a bunch there XSEED, you get my money.

eh, i'm not a big fan of the pervy VN harem type of games. I think they're a bit skeezy.

Yet the SK games are generally fun action games that just happen to have some of those elements you don't care for.

I'm happy we get both, because we should have both. Both series are guilty pleasures. It's not like someone is bringing over Illusion games and marketing them to the everyman.

Brew124

Good lord there's a massive amount of games coming the rest of this year that I plan to purchase. I can already hear my wallet crying!

Does Bamco not want to bring EDF over anymore?
I just hope someone wants to bring these games to Europe. I could always import but it saves the hassle.

XSEED scooping up all the games I want.

EDF! Glad I waited. Hope someone picks this up for Europe, but if not, I'm importing.

Top Bottom