• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED bringing Earth Defense Force 4.1 to PlayStation 4 in fall 2015

giphy.gif

Arzehn

Man did XSEED up their staff recently, they have so many projects underway.

Will pick this up if I enjoy EDF2 on Vita.

Does Bamco not want to bring EDF over anymore?
I just hope someone wants to bring these games to Europe. I could always import but it saves the hassle.
Bamco just handled the European release. D3 America used to do it themselves in the US, but they've refocused on mobile.

Verilligo

I do wonder how they're calculating it. It has the new kaiju, mech, and crawler vehicle. What else has been added?

Doesn't it come in at some 97-ish stages in total for online play? Many of the original stages were reworked as well, plus a few new guns.

MrDaravon

I had no idea this was out in Japan. So to be clear we're getting the remake/port/whatever of EDF 2 (which was never released in the US) on Vita this year, then we're getting an enhanced port of EDF 2025 (aka EDF4?) for PS4 this year as well???

Wasn't there also a completely new EDF announced, or was that just this port of 4? I had no idea this was apparently out in Japan so I'm obviously out of the loop. We just re-bought 2025 for 360 too, fuck that now lol.

I had no idea this was out in Japan. So to be clear we're getting the remake/port/whatever of EDF 2 (which was never released in the US) on Vita this year, then we're getting an enhanced port of EDF 2025 (aka EDF4?) for PS4 this year as well???
Yes and yes.

Wasn't there also a completely new EDF announced, or was that just this port of 4? I had no idea this was apparently out in Japan so I'm obviously out of the loop. We just re-bought 2025 for 360 too, fuck that now lol.
No, the "new" EDF game announcement for the PS4 turned out to to be 4.1.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Doesn't it come in at some 97-ish stages in total for online play? Many of the original stages were reworked as well, plus a few new guns.

a little part of me is still upset that i can't easily grind stage 11 inferno anymore since the level is completely redone. :(

it's kind of weird that they'd emphasize 'silky smooth framerate' when it's....really not. still hands down the best version of one of my favorite games.

Mupod

I somehow missed this thread, I actually went into one of the other XSEED announcements threads to complain about the lack of EDF 4.1 localization and found out about it there.

Hell yes finally. Fuck no I have to wait until the fall. Please use the time to make sure we get properly terrible/cheesy/awesome voice work.

meppi

Two of the best new features for me is the new lighting system which really give it that classic sci-fi movie feel.
That and how the battles now actually feel like battles of one force versus another.
You get back up from tanks and such in certain missions, including a big surprise. ;)
Not to mention how the EDF forces besides you actually seem to do things this time around.

But the best part of this whole game is the ability to sing along with your fellow EDF soldiers! :D
Even though that probably will be nothing alike in the English version.

And for the record, I think the framerate is very impressive for Sandlot's forst PS4 effort. Not perfect, but far from an issue.

Top Bottom