• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Fun games folks.

Unfortunately, the game doesn't seem to know what to do with a large mix of skill levels in a split party. It likes to stack the deck for one of the teams far too often. Putting me, Devo, Cyren, and kittens on the same team in that Hill game probably shouldn't be happening.
Putting you on the same side of the map as a sniper probably shouldn't be happening either.

Ramirez

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=943488597&player=TJ Ram

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=943514083&player=TJ Ram

cmonman.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I love the interior section of Long Night of Solace. Probably the highlight of the Reach campaign for me. The encounters are only mediocre -- it's the atmosphere, muffled sound, and low gravity that makes it compelling. The low grav part doesn't last nearly long enough, though.

Why doesn't Halo (any Halo) have campaign DLC?

Honest question.
Multiplayer maps are easier to produce, less expensive. A campaign DLC needs a bigger team and a lot more I think.

Probably would've been best if I didn't say anything at all. :)

Nothing to riled up about. Just moving to a different team at the studio. More info soon. You know, when I actually start the other role.
So you moved from Content Manager to a new one. My fear is that you won't do the Sparkast anymore. Do I fear too much?
Still congrats!

I just ran around Refuge a bit and without being able to experience any actual combat, it seems really solid, already much better than Asylum and probably the best Sanctuary remake I've played on so far. I especially liked the extra DMRs and NRs on the map. Good job Overdoziz.

Now what are the actual chances that we'll ever see this in matchmaking?

senador

Banned
Somebody dropped this off for me as a present today

MwlRw.jpg

LET'S DO THIS

I'm going to be awake for the next 4 days

Mmm, I love that shit. I quit drinking soda a while back and when this came out I went through a streak of drinking lots of it, then I had to break the habit again. Damn you White Out!

Kuroyume

Banned
Didn't Bungie release some stats for H3 and Reach showing that less than half touched the campaigns for either game and even less got past the first few levels? Assuming that's right, then that seems like a good reason.

zap

Didn't Bungie release some stats for H3 and Reach showing that less than half touched the campaigns for either game and even less got past the first few levels? Assuming that's right, then that seems like a good reason.

Anyone got a link? I'm interested in seeing this.

Speaking of Bungie stats, when were they going to release some kinda final Halo stats sendoff? Was that just before the switch? I swear I am not imagining this right?

FyreWulff

Anyone got a link? I'm interested in seeing this.

Speaking of Bungie stats, when were they going to release some kinda final Halo stats sendoff? Was that just before the switch? I swear I am not imagining this right?

They were going to do something "fun" with them, imagine it's going to be closer to the handoff date though. Also, weekly 76 finished. That was a lot of Halo this week.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrowll I do not appreciate the harsh language you decided to place upon my Facebook Inbox. I would ask that you would show some restraint when attempting to compel someone into playing a mental torture device that simulates boredom at a slow pace with a monotone color palette and limited selection despite seemingly many choices.

edit: But seriously, I didn't notice your message til' four hours later.

I love the interior section of Long Night of Solace. Probably the highlight of the Reach campaign for me. The encounters are only mediocre -- it's the atmosphere, muffled sound, and low gravity that makes it compelling. The low grav part doesn't last nearly long enough, though.

The encounters on the ship are mostly mediocre, I agree, but I would argue that the battle for the ship's bridge is pretty good. At least, it's my favorite.

The low gravity part has always annoyed me. I feel a bit handicapped.

Anyway, glad you guys seem to have fun last night. Wish I hopped on.

How many more people do you think we would see on Reach if they pulled a KillZone 3 and made the MP free + DLC (excluding Anniversary) and let you go up to level 10 (or lower maybe).

Then if you just pay $10 or $15 you get to level up further and unlock more armor options.

That would be a good idea, Reach already has a multiplayer demo, and so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to allow the demo to share a playlist with retail. The demo is pretty limited and I doubt anyone would hit inheritor in it lol.

Any of these:
Win percentages, K/D, biggest troller (most rejection medals) or most jetpack abuse (Firebird medals).

I think I would win this lol.

My stats in general are aweful though, playing Reach 'properly' has to be one of the most mundane things ever. (For me at least).

The encounters on the ship are mostly mediocre, I agree, but I would argue that the battle for the ship's bridge is pretty good. At least, it's my favorite.

The low gravity part has always annoyed me. I feel a bit handicapped.

Anyway, glad you guys seem to have fun last night. Wish I hopped on.

I thought the low G stuff was really well done, at the very least it was kept so short that it never overstayed its welcome. I would have liked a lot more of it but I can see why they kept it so short.

Karl2177

It's only milking if it's a franchise you don't like. Generally.

Nah. I said that about Halo 4 before 343i announced at HaloFest that it was going to be a more personal story for John and Cortana. My initial reaction to the announce trailer was that we would be fighting random Forerunner enemies, which really doesn't lead the story anywhere. If it's developing John's details like the books do, then I'm all for it.

It's only milking if it's a franchise you don't like. Generally.
I'd disagree with that.
Indeed, the truth changes depending upon how you perceive it (durr), but you can still like a franchise and think it's being milked. Fairly easily actually.

In no way ignoring your "Generally".

Perhaps I'm missing something.
Okay. It's not "exactly" what I said, but what you were doing was posting what I said, if not clarifying. By adding "generally" I was implying that it's entirely possible that you can see a franchise that is being milked, yet it's a franchise you like.

Would it have been better if I had put in "sometimes" in its place? At least on GAF, when someone tosses around the word "milking," it's usually toward a franchise the user doesn't like; at least it seems that way.
Can someone with render minutes cook this? I used up all of mine for February already. I think Dax would like it.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26869503&player=FyreWulff
Owned!

Gazzawa

It really mixed things up. It could have gone down as a sour rehash of that Halo 1 mission in the covenant ship. But the muffled sound and those elite encounters kept it tense.

My personal highlight was New Alexandria. Great sound and visuals(Ode to ODST).

I thought the low G stuff was really well done, at the very least it was kept so short that it never overstayed its welcome. I would have liked a lot more of it but I can see why they kept it so short.

That whole level had a massive amount of variety, I liked it a lot. From traditional combat on the beach, space level, zero G combat, stealth section with the elites on the bridge.

Also Bobs, IGN's SSX video review.

Homeboyd

^lol avatarquote.jpg

That's what I felt like when I woke up. I was going on 2 hours of sleep from the night before last night and my contacts were burning like a son of a bitch.

I woke up today. Played two games with Barrow Roll and Nutters. Felt sad becaue I went -2 on the second game. My life had no meaning today until you posted. Thanks, Homeboyd.
I am a man of the people.

I had a good morning, as far as mornings go. Drinking some tea, surfing the news, going to go out and feed my rabbit now. I might hop on and shoot some dudes (or more likely, get shot) later tonight.
Will definitely be game for some dudeshooting tonight. Muster the Rohirrim!

I had fun last night, guys. Still sooooooo sorry for 180 no-scoping Havok even though I was the one that made him an honorary teammate (matchmaking made him our only enemy that was in our party), I'll try and get a clip of it later. Also, I agree that a leaderboard sort of thing would be cool. Maybe add a whole bunch of different awards so that pretty much everyone has some sort of title. Suggestions being:

Zealot: Most sword kills/sword sprees
BS Angel Memorial: Most grenade sticks
Face Melter: Most kills with the Focus Rifle
Part of the Problem: Most Banshee kills
Asshole: Most Yoinks

I had fun last night, guys. Still sooooooo sorry for 180 no-scoping Havok even though I was the one that made him an honorary teammate (matchmaking made him our only enemy that was in our party), I'll try and get a clip of it later. Also, I agree that a leaderboard sort of thing would be cool. Maybe add a whole bunch of different awards so that pretty much everyone has some sort of title. Suggestions being:

Zealot: Most sword kills/sword sprees
BS Angel Memorial: Most grenade sticks
Face Melter: Most kills with the Focus Rifle
Part of the Problem: Most Banshee kills
Asshole: Most Yoinks

I have no idea about programming and how this would work but I'd gladly help doing medals and whatever for the awards/medals thing.

HaloGAF leaderboards sounds really cool and there're lots of talented folks here.

TCKaos

Anyone else play CMT's a50 yet?

Good stuff. I'm liking that they actually added new animations and stuff to existing enemies. New Hunter charges and stuff.

Also the AR packs a massive punch, though I haven't gotten my hands on an SMG since I entered the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom