• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

zap

Yeah I won't even argue the value compared to multiplayer... MM should always be priority in my personal opinion. But I know others don't feel the same.

I'd still buy it and I'm not really that big of a campaign guy.

*says as I'm playing campaign*

If they were going to do Campaign, it better not pull resources away from MP maps. Maps give so much more value for me than campaign content.

zap

How many more people do you think we would see on Reach if they pulled a KillZone 3 and made the MP free + DLC (excluding Anniversary) and let you go up to level 10 (or lower maybe).

Then if you just pay $10 or $15 you get to level up further and unlock more armor options.

Depends on if they only offer it once the game has launched and been out for a while like KZ3.
If they were to do it too early, I know a lot of people who wouldn't bother with Campaign, and only get MP.

If they do it now, I think we would see a decent increase. It would be awesome if getting the $10 pack let you use the Reach maps with the Anniversary disc.

Edit: Sorry for the DP, I meant to edit my other post :/

Homeboyd

If they were going to do Campaign, it better not pull resources away from MP maps. Maps give so much more value for me than campaign content.
Again, I agree. I would never suggest a campaign expansion at the expense of MM add-ons. I suppose that could be the reason.. not enough time/resources. Of course, CA does good work. Can they handle campaign related stuff? (I don't know much about their other projects)

wwm0nkey

Depends on if they only offer it once the game has launched and been out for a while like KZ3.
If they were to do it too early, I know a lot of people who wouldn't bother with Campaign, and only get MP.

If they do it now, I think we would see a decent increase. It would be awesome if getting the $10 pack let you use the Reach maps with the Anniversary disc.

Edit: Sorry for the DP, I meant to edit my other post :/

Well Reach has been out for awhile and so have the first 2 map packs so pulling a KillZone 3 would actually be a pretty good move before Halo 4 comes out. I really really hope more games do this when they hit the half way point in their life cycle.

Yeah I won't even argue the value compared to multiplayer... MM should always be priority in my personal opinion. But I know others don't feel the same.

I'd still buy it and I'm not really that big of a campaign guy.

*says as I'm playing campaign*

Matchmaking should be the priority...well to this point in Halo, the MP DLC has had very little integration in matchmaking.

How many more people do you think we would see on Reach if they pulled a KillZone 3 and made the MP free + DLC (excluding Anniversary) and let you go up to level 10 (or lower maybe).

Then if you just pay $10 or $15 you get to level up further and unlock more armor options.

I thought that was interesting. Seeing as Halo's investment system doesn't actually unlock any in-game things, don't know how effective it would be. Wouldn't be a bad idea to try out at this point in Reach's life though.

That's not DLC.

If was originally going to be.

And to comment on Cyren's post, GTA IV is how you do some damn DLC. Sogood.gif

daedalius

cRDdB.png

I am so terrible.

epic.

If was originally going to be.

And to comment on Cyren's post, GTA IV is how you do some damn DLC. Sogood.gif
Well yeah, but in the end it wasn't. I'd wager something like the ODST we got being too large for DLC and too small for a full priced $60 game if it didn't have Halo 3 Mythic.

Weren't the GTAIV episodes pretty much just stand alone games that didn't require GTAIV? At that point does it really still count as DLC beyond technicalities? Not that I have anything against this approach. If ODST was digital download only without Halo 3 Mythic I'd have been fine with that, but it would still pretty much be it's own thing so I'd question why it'd be considered DLC.

Well yeah, but in the end it wasn't. I'd wager something like the ODST we got being too large for DLC and too small for a full priced $60 game if it didn't have Halo 3 Mythic.

Weren't the GTAIV episodes pretty much just stand alone games that didn't require GTAIV? At that point does it really still count as DLC beyond technicalities? Not that I have anything against this approach. If ODST was digital download only without Halo 3 Mythic I'd have been fine with that, but it would still pretty much be it's own thing so I'd question why it'd be considered DLC.

You had to have GTA IV, and they were tied together through the plot as well.

FyreWulff

Why doesn't Halo (any Halo) have campaign DLC?

Honest question.

Microsoft wouldn't want to do it unless they could include it with new copies of Crackdown 3, because any DLC after the first two packs always has to be tied into a "marketing opportunity" instead of you know, giving the playerbase already playing the preexisting game a steady stream of content. Meanwhile, Gears of War gets more steady content releases than their own flagship series.

And Halo fans get more than half their multiplayer DLC as.. remakes of maps from previous games.

zap

How much better Refuge is than Asylum cannot be overstated, both in map quality and faithfulness to Sanctuary.

I haven't played it yet (when I get home I will jump on to have a look), but it looks very promising. I would love 343 to replace Asylum with it if it is as big of an improvement as it looks.

Any framerate issues?

Karl2177

Some random bits of data from HaloGAF users* on this list. The least accurate player is Fuchsdh with a headshot percentage of 57% over 312 competitive games played. The most accurate is bananas with 93% over 615 competitive games played. HiredN00bs has the most games played with 7752 competitive games played. Awesome Barlow has the highest headshot rate** with a sniper rifle at 69.7%. The gaffer we don't want to give a sniper is Deputy Moonman, who has only a 42% chance of hitting the head with the long rifle. On average HaloGAF finishes 74.24% of their headshot capable weapon kills with headshots.

Judging by the data collected so far, the game registers headshots pretty well. Shadow really shouldn't have argued that it was the games fault when his accuracy with generic headshot weapons was only 69.5%, a good 5% lower than the HaloGAF average.

*I've only been able to aggregate data for letters A-H so far. I'm working on getting the rest, but my API key bugged out around gui's gamertag.

**There is one gaffer(Dark FaZe) with 75.9% sniper headshot rating, but he has less than 150 games played, which is far below the standard.

zap

Some random bits of data from HaloGAF users* on this list. The least accurate player is Fuchsdh with a headshot percentage of 57% over 312 competitive games played. The most accurate is bananas with 93% over 615 competitive games played. HiredN00bs has the most games played with 7752 competitive games played. Awesome Barlow has the highest headshot rate** with a sniper rifle at 69.7%. The gaffer we don't want to give a sniper is Deputy Moonman, who has only a 42% chance of hitting the head with the long rifle. On average HaloGAF finishes 74.24% of their headshot capable weapon kills with headshots.

Judging by the data collected so far, the game registers headshots pretty well. Shadow really shouldn't have argued that it was the games fault when his accuracy with generic headshot weapons was only 69.5%, a good 5% lower than the HaloGAF average.

*I've only been able to aggregate data for letters A-H so far. I'm working on getting the rest, but my API key bugged out around gui's gamertag.

**There is one gaffer(Dark FaZe) with 75.9% sniper headshot rating, but he has less than 150 games played, which is far below the standard.

These kinds of stats are realy interesting. Would be interested in seeing more random stats.

Overdoziz

Banned
A HaloGAF leaderboard would be cool.

Wish B.net showed real leaderboards instead of showing who got the highest scores in Firefight and Campaign lol

Karl2177

Somebody dropped this off for me as a present today

MwlRw.jpg

LET'S DO THIS

I'm going to be awake for the next 4 days

Ah yes, Mountain Dew Jizz Out.

I've been knocked out on this greatness for the past 2 days.
st_nyquil_f.jpg

What other types of stats would you guys want? Currently I'm only gathering that of headshots and games played.

zap

Ah yes, Mountain Dew Jizz Out.

I've been knocked out on this greatness for the past 2 days.
http://www.wired.com/images/article/magazine/1511/st_nyquil_f.jpg[IMG]

What other types of stats would you guys want? Currently I'm only gathering that of headshots and games played.[/QUOTE]

Any of these:
Win percentages, K/D, biggest troller (most rejection medals) or most jetpack abuse (Firebird medals).

Trey

Sorry for the inconvenience of being micless, Noobs. Tried looking for the thing to no avail, and I didn't feel like hooking up the Kinect to talk. I should have a headset next time.

FyreWulff

Someone send me an invite when you guys get out of that game, plz. I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell donging.

Party exploded after that one it seems

edit: me, noobs, hitmon , duncan and kittens reformed into another party if anyone wnats to get on.

Havok

Fun games folks.

Unfortunately, the game doesn't seem to know what to do with a large mix of skill levels in a split party. It likes to stack the deck for one of the teams far too often. Putting me, Devo, Cyren, and kittens on the same team in that Hill game probably shouldn't be happening. The last game, Breakpoint Bomb, was much closer since it spread people around, even if it was a little boring and uneventful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom