• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So for whatever reason, I decide to put in Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine today. They've added yet another piece of free multiplayer DLC.

The game launched with very little, probably a bit rushed and Relic's first console outing, but it was decent. Basic Capture the Control Points and Deathmatch mode.

Since September, a multi-map Horde mode was added (free) in October, Capture the Flag (free) in December and King of the Hill (free) in January. So I thik I have 1.3GB of free DLC for this game. Isn't Microsoft's policy normally not to offer free DLC?

I have to applaud them for their post release support (plus Battlefield/DICE for their massive upcoming patch) on a game with such a relatively small userbase. The minor playlist updates Reach gets always makes it seem like console game upkeep is too difficult a task.

Since September, a multi-map Horde mode was added (free) in October, Capture the Flag (free) in December and King of the Hill (free) in January. So I thik I have 1.3GB of free DLC for this game. Isn't Microsoft's policy normally not to offer free DLC?
I believe the exception is when it's also free on another platform. Except for L4D2 because that was on PC and PC doesn't count for Microsoft lol.

So as I understand it, if the DLC is free on PS3, they'll make it free for 360.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I believe the exception is when it's also free on another platform. Except for L4D2 because that was on PC and PC doesn't count for Microsoft lol.

Guess that also explains Bastion's 80MSP DLC. Wonderful policy.

1236337872_fat_guy_shooting_his_gun.gif

Overdoziz

Hey You

So I thik I have 1.3GB of free DLC for this game. Isn't Microsoft's policy normally not to offer free DLC?

I think Companies can offer free DLC, but it cannot include achievements.

Or THQ is having a good time in MS's bed.

Edit:

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

Ill get back on Reach later if anyone wants to play, Im gonna eat first and maybe try some more BF3.

I appreciate the offer, but gaf is enough of a distraction while studying. A couple of hours later would be nice, but it's nothing to waste a code over.

This is why HaloGAF is the best though. <3

Ill hang on to the code for you, shoot me a PM when you want it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So for whatever reason, I decide to put in Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine today. They've added yet another piece of free multiplayer DLC.

The game launched with very little, probably a bit rushed and Relic's first console outing, but it was decent. Basic Capture the Control Points and Deathmatch mode.

I have to applaud them for their post release support (plus Battlefield/DICE for their massive upcoming patch) on a game with such a relatively small userbase. The minor playlist updates Reach gets always makes it seem like console game upkeep is too difficult a task.

The game had an online pass. You probably forgot you used it.

Homeboyd

Ill get back on Reach later if anyone wants to play
Who else wants to jump in tonight? Let's get a time and hear from people who will for sure be around.

- Demoncarnotaur
- Ghaleon
- Homeboyd
- David (maybe)
- Zee
- Monster
- Frank(lin)
- Cyren
- MrBig
- Risen
- Went through a couple previous pages for other names... I know there were others

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Did you put the code in? Does the content download to those without the pass?
I was tempted to go check this out for me myself, but the headline in a 1UP article said you didn't even need the Online Pass for the download. Seems like the only thing it locks out is leveling.

So yeah, it's just completely free, extensive post launch support.

Who else wants to jump in tonight? Let's get a time and hear from people who will for sure be around.

- Demoncarnotaur
- Ghaleon
- Homeboyd
- David (maybe)
- Went through a couple previous pages for other names... I know there were others

Whatever works for me, Im free til 11pm EST, then Im gonna go pick my GF up from work, so anytime before then.

Fracas

#fuckonami

- Demoncarnotaur
- Ghaleon
- Homeboyd
- David (maybe)

Franklinator and I are down. Pretty much any time is good

- Demoncarnotaur
- Ghaleon
- Homeboyd
- David (maybe)

Can't. Meeting Bay Area Bros tonight.

CyReN

- Demoncarnotaur
- Ghaleon
- Homeboyd
- David (maybe)

I'll be on around 10pm est.

Gt: Cyren ce

Havok

That CMT Truth and Reconciliation is pretty cool. Brutes were interesting, even if they behaved very similarly to the Elites, and the added weapons were fun to use. VISR is neat. I'm looking forward to a level where the human weapons aren't silenced, because it got a little old, but it's still cool that this thing exists. Looks gorgeous, too. The unobtrusive motion blur helps a lot.

The archived version hasn't popped up yet, but I'll update this post with a link to the archived video when it does. I really hope twitch didn't lose it.

edit: it's up. http://www.twitch.tv/havokcxvii/b/309760757

TheOddOne

Man, one of these days I'm gonna stay up late and join you guys. Damn Europe and its timezone (
I know this doesn't make any sense, I just did the treadmill for an hour so gimmie a break bro
).

So Pokemon Black and White 2 were just announced for the DS. What the hell?

I wish Halo announcements were as zany as Pokemon announcements, I have no clue what I just watched. =P

So Pokemon Black and White 2 were just announced for the DS. What the hell?

I wish Halo announcements were as zany as Pokemon announcements, I have no clue what I just watched. =P

Because Halo 4 needs to be natured like a baby, not treated like a crackwhore.

I don't know why I said what i said.

Risen

- Demoncarnotaur
- Ghaleon
- Homeboyd
- David (maybe)
- Zee
- Monster
- Frank(lin)
- Cyren
- MrBig

Should be back on between 8 and 9 cst.

Havok

what are you using to stream?
Flash Media Encoder 2.5 and VHScrCap.

I used this guide with some tweaks to bitrate and stuff. It's a bit of a pain in the ass at first, but it's not so bad now. I've been experimenting with higher bitrates and different encoders, so if you think it looks like crap, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Flash Media Encoder 2.5 and VHScrCap.

I used this guide with some tweaks to bitrate and stuff. It's a bit of a pain in the ass at first, but it's not so bad now. I've been experimenting with higher bitrates and different encoders, so if you think it looks like crap, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

why did it take you so long to start playing

jjjjjeeeeeezzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom