• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One February update is rolling out

Krakatoa

so I have to turn my xbo off to get the update and wait until the middle of the night? things were so much simpler on xbox 360...

from the comments section on MJ Blog.

If you use instant-on, it will automatically download while off, late at night.

If you don't use instant-on, you'll have to manually download it the next time you turn it on (it will automatically TELL you there's an update, but that means you'll then have to wait for the download before you can play - just like on 360.

heyitsphil

Neo Member
from the comments section on MJ Blog.

If you use instant-on, it will automatically download while off, late at night.

If you don't use instant-on, you'll have to manually download it the next time you turn it on (it will automatically TELL you there's an update, but that means you'll then have to wait for the download before you can play - just like on 360.

I see. thanks!

Oh man, nice update indeed. Already scratching off major problems from my big list.

Yeah, it looks like things might end up in great shape for Titanfall's launch date. I hope the party chat fix is successful next month. The voice quality is far superior to the competition, so it would be nice to have the same functionality.

Caayn

Download size?
No clue, didn't tell me. Can't be that big, it was done within a minute.

Here's two pics of the new "My games & apps" section.
GJIzf7E.jpg
m8bl7Oh.jpg
Apologies for the horrible 1970s camera quality.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
No update in UK. I'm rebooting with the system location set to United States to see if that works.

Does the Xbone update while it's asleep or the update shows up when I turn it on?

I had it on (was watching House of Cards), saw the Major Nelson tweet, and then turned it off (mine is set to instant on). About 10 minutes later I turned it back on and the update was installing (green progress bar). Another 2 minutes and it's good to go. Mid-afternoon here, so it would seem you don't have to wait until the middle of the night.

E92 M3

I had it on (was watching House of Cards), saw the Major Nelson tweet, and then turned it off (mine is set to instant on). About 10 minutes later I turned it back on and the update was installing (green progress bar). Another 2 minutes and it's good to go. Mid-afternoon here, so it would seem you don't have to wait until the middle of the night.

Ah okay - thank you.

Majanew

Banned
Improved NAT detection? What's that do?

I can't get my NAT off strict unless I turn the Wifi off on my router, even though I'm running an ethernet cable to my Xbox.

That is a great list of changes. I am not sure about them changing the deadzones though. I think that the current sticks feel great, I am totally used to using them now. Hope it is just a small tweak.

TeRey09

Anyone on the east coat/midwest have the update yet?

Caayn

Megaton? You can apparently delete your save file now!
And ofcourse the almighty batter indicator is back :)
Has anyone triggered the update manually? Download size would be appreciated.
I triggered it manually. Normally have my console fully turned off. Switcht to instant-on mode turned it off and it directly started downloaded, indicated by the blinking Xbox logo.
HOLY SHIT! ALPHABETICAL ORDER TOO!

MEGATON!!!
Sorting can be do based on alphabet, last played and size.

Gonna be so hyped to go home, update, sort my game collection while downloading the Titanfall beta, then play Titanfall all night. Big dreams and goals for Valentine's Day.

Top Bottom