• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

So I won Terraria from Zero-Crescent (Thanks!), I redeemed it to my steam via humble bundle, but the little thing changed to Already activated on your account. Does this mean I somehow had the game before the giveaway, or what? I'm like 99.9% sure I didn't have it prior as I've been wanting to play it for a long time now.

Sajjaja

Cross posting from CSGO thread. So good.

Matchmaking Adventures 8 is up. So many gifable moments.

aee8EK.gif

ZPerOE.gif

AwPJGx.gif

aMeyoB.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zomMCTM_6w

Ventara

So I won Terraria from Zero-Crescent (Thanks!), I redeemed it to my steam via humble bundle, but the little thing changed to Already activated on your account. Does this mean I somehow had the game before the giveaway, or what? I'm like 99.9% sure I didn't have it prior as I've been wanting to play it for a long time now.

That sometimes happens if you weren't logged into your Steam account on Humble before activating the game.

So what do you think guys should I do?
Increase my 1$ pay to the BTA level for King of Fighters in the current HB.
or Get the Victoria bundle?

I'm fan of RTS games but I'm also curious about King of Fighters.

Dr Dogg

I installed this thing
(actually it was the TT II version from last year)
and it's been one of the best upgrades I've ever done. My GPU is almost completely silent now, even under heavy loads which my wife appreciates since my PC is in the living room. It also brought my temperatures down 15%-20% over the stock cooler which should in theory extend the life of the card a bit. Just thought I would share since it's the best way I've come across to eliminate "fan noise" while gaming.

I live by custom fan profiles, either through Inspector or Afterburner. Granted nothing was taming my 480's. One was bad enough but 2 sounded like a jet fighter taking off. But my 780's have been stupidly quiet out the box with no tinkering and really the only noticeable noise is at around 80% load and over and then that's nothing that noticeable unless there's no other ambient noises.

The loudest component on my box at the moment is the last mechanical hard drive which is one more super Amazon Germany deal away from being irrelevant. As derExperte said though I'll find something else to moan about after that's gone.

Arthea

If you thought Banished is harsh, you should try Cubesis.
You wanna mine some stone? sure, but your little human dies in the process.
Need some wheat for food? No problem, you just need appropriate spot and your little human will die in the process.
Need granary to keep that food? yet again, dead little human.
And you don't have a lot of them too, lets leave the way they reproduce out of this for a while, just trust me, you don't have a lot of them.
If that wouldn't be enough you need to control the weather if you want to have any food, and we all know how it ends from many movies about it.
And I haven't finished even tutorial yet!
that's one scary little game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
According to JShackles, support is entirely internal and the largest department within Valve.

That's correct, but to put things in perspective Valve only has about 300ish employees total. I would say the support team is probably 60-75 people, many of which are dedicated to doing support in a particular language. So poor Walter is basically supporting a million+ active Steam users just by himself.

This is essentially the reason that Steam Support is so slow - they could honestly use another few hundred dedicated staff.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just use the hide function and save yourself the hassle of dealing with Valve support.
I tried to get Stormrise removed from my library at the same time JaseC started his ordeal. 3-4 days later, I get a response telling me to enable Steam beta and just use the "hide this game from my library" function.

I didn't even bother to follow up... I'm trying to REMOVE stress from my life these days, not ADD it.

Haha, it makes me wonder if that's why Valve added the feature: you were told to hide the game simply because you no longer want it whereas my request is being obliged because owning T:DE is getting in the way of my ability to activate a gift.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Well, The Walking Dead didn't saved my choices.

Good release TT, good release.

Yeah, same here, just finished the last episode.
I'm not really sure if I want to play the episode again, but I may have to should my choices not appear the next days...

And Telltale really confronts you with some almost impossible choices... I would probably try and correct some things if I had to play it again *wipes tear from eye*

Ventara

So what do you think guys should I do?
Increase my 1$ pay to the BTA level for King of Fighters in the current HB.
or Get the Victoria bundle?

I'm fan of RTS games but I'm also curious about King of Fighters.

I'd go with Victoria II. At least I'd know I'd enjoy that game. But if any of the other games in the Humble BTA interests you, it might be better to go with that.

Some things.. .play Grimrock! Support Grimrock 2!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ingueferroque:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ingueferroque, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend of Grimrock -- MB-463D85AD6DF04836 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 4 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-3C055D61B222577B - Taken by Lobogris. 4 entrants total.

t1409097198z1.png

Haha, it makes me wonder if that's why Valve added the feature: you were told to hide the game simply because you no longer want it whereas my request is being obliged because owning T:DE is getting in the way of my ability to activate a gift.

They really should just add the option to remove games on our own. Put it behind a few walls of confirmation so you can't do it accidentally. And list the entirety of the sub, in case it's a bundle of some sort.

They've done it with F2P games, there's no reason not to do it for games you bought.

Jawmuncher

I gave him a Terraria code earlier and now I regret that shit.
Definitely could have went to someone more deserving. How does blacklisting work only on my giveaway or does it add it to a list?

Here's a giveaway because I'm such a lurker.

ModBot said:
Instructions for GrinningColossus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GrinningColossus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (Uplay) -- MB-3BDC9EE7E387C021 - Taken by Emperor_EL. 3 entrants total.

t1409173758z1.png

I gave him a Terraria code earlier and now I regret that shit.
Definitely could have went to someone more deserving. How does blacklisting work only on my giveaway or does it add it to a list?

If you do BLOCK username, it will block them from that giveaway. If you add them to your personal blacklist using PERMABLOCK it will block them from all your giveaways permanently. If enough people permablock a user, they'll go onto the community blacklist.

Deitus

Not until he gets his 5 posts.

He had to get that 5 post minimum...

Well there were a couple of giveaways that left out the No Lurker rule. I suspect people will be less likely to forget that rule from now on though.

But my point is, if you want to be a mooch, why would you draw attention to yourself? Not that I'm encouraging anyone to do it, but it just seems like asking to get blacklisted.

I think it's kind of odd that they included Orcs must Die 2 as a bonus in the Humble Bundle, when it was already in the first Jumbo bundle.

Jawmuncher

You know that sort of begging pisses me off beyond belief back to back like that.
Guy doesn't even TRY to hide the fact. Is it really that hard to talk about games to accumulate 5 posts worth?

ok I'll end this but pls don't ban or block me. From now on i'll respect the site rules i promise =)

I dunno considering I was talking to you about this exact behavior in PMs and it apparently meant fuck all to you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They really should just add the option to remove games on our own. Put it behind a few walls of confirmation so you can't do it accidentally. And list the entirety of the sub, in case it's a bundle of some sort.

They've done it with F2P games, there's no reason not to do it for games you bought.

What Valve should do is offer the ability to disable licences for paid games -- in doing so, they're removed from your library and your Steam Community profile, but at any point you can visit your account page and reactivate the licences if you so desire. This would remove the potential headache of users wanting to re-add a licence for a game they removed that has since been pulled from the store.

(Consider this your side project when you land a job at Valve, Jshacks. ;))

Gurthang

Banned
Tempted to get Walking Dead season 2 for 10 bucks. Do the saves from Walking dead season one and 400 days carry to the next season? If they do, do they have a great impact on the overall stroyline? Cause I don't remember the choices I made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom