• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

think Brutal Legend, but replace metal with hip hop/rap.

They already made a game called wu tang shaolin style. :p

As for other stuff...

36fUS.png

Hip hop is honestly wide enough to get a whole bunch of weird art-style influences.

Whose album is this? I dig the cover art.

RP912

Banned
Does it necessarily just have to be hip hop? I would incorporate modern R&B too since it's not too far away from being hip hop. I would want to be immersed in a ethereal like world with Jhene Aiko's or Tinashe's music playing in the background.

I would like a Journey or Flower type of game for that genre. No need of battling anything or fighting for a cause...just travel into bliss with soulful tunes.

That would be awesome.

Danomeon

Neo Member
Oh hell yeah.

Imagine if they went into the weird subcultures of hip-hop and started playing around with landscapes themed after Noise Hop or Cloud Rap. I would murder to see whatever heavy-metal world they could create out of rap like Death Grips.

I would imagine massive, oppressive cityscapes with scrap metal littered everywhere and massive amplifiers blasting ear-shattering bass from every corner, with an illuminati-like organization ruling over it all and a group of young MCs having to revolt against the power structures from the underground.

But I don't think that's what the publisher had in mind.

RP912

Banned
Oh hell yeah.

Imagine if they went into the weird subcultures of hip-hop and started playing around with landscapes themed after Noise Hop or Cloud Rap. I would murder to see whatever heavy-metal world they could create out of rap like Death Grips.

I would imagine massive, oppressive cityscapes with scrap metal littered everywhere and massive amplifiers blasting ear-shattering bass from every corner, with an illuminati-like organization ruling over it all and a group of young MCs having to revolt against the power structures from the underground.

But I don't think that's what the publisher had in mind.

Dude you blowing my mind and making me throw money at the screen. This should be kickstarted o_o.

JZA

I think the right person to write and direct this game would have to be Aaron McGruder. The Boondocks already has a lot of references to things like Star Wars, HK action flicks, and Wu-Tang, so I could see the game deriving its action sequences from things like that. He also knows how to similarly promote and poke fun at hip hop culture within the same body of work. Since Boondocks' future is finite, making a videogame might be a logical next step for him.

gabbo

I'd be down, but it would need a really wide variety of artists (music) and thematic variety (eras, subgenres) to really do the idea justice.
Somehow, an RPG where you join the Wu Tang Clan on some kind of kung fu adventure sounds more fun.

Bergerac

Only if it was Kool Keith. A Dr Dooom game would be funny as fuck.

Otherwise there's not a lot of Hip Hop I care about anymore.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr9tEqlqbtE

The horrorcore would make sense plus I want to kick someone's 'intestines out like Ric Flair'.

Can even have a SciFi version with his Black Elvis persona.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lVCA-WahQIo

Seriously. I don't have time for gangster or endless race related shit. Some self awareness and a sense of humour instead please.

I've thought about this for like a day now and I think this would work even if they only used Wu-Tang Shaolin imagery. Might be more manageable if they narrow it down. Final boss is Voltron.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I wouldn't mind an EDM themed action/platformer with big bright aesthetics and a colorful character

This would be awesome, I think Rez and Child of Light are the only EDM themed games out there to my knowledge, we certainly need more!

Top Bottom