• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's creed Unity PC version System requirements

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Except AC games typically don't even run well on the recommended specs.

This is true and why I fear these recommended specs. If it needs a 2gig minimum, I can't imagine it running well on 4gig+ VRAM. :/

catmario

I only just realized this is coming from a Japanese website I've never heard of before.

Skepticism just increased ten fold. Is anyone familiar with it?

Sorry, It's not Japanese, It's south korea website. :p The most popular Korean Video game site, Ruliweb.

And He posted additional evidence. Check the link.

catmario

54487A39476C8E0013

System requirements has spotted on Pre-order page. Official Confirmed.

I want to post source link, but this requires personnel ID number. :( So I'll skip this.

Buzzman

Banned
Weird how according to that page the same CPUs are both the minimum and recommended? Did they develop this game on a single PC?

dreamfall

After playing AC3, Black Flag at 30fps locked with some crazy visual settings and it running hot- I'm going in for my 900p experience on the PS4.

Excited, but wary.

BasilZero

I guess this is the beginning of where I wont be able to play the games being released in the future until I do a upgrade :(.

Oh well. 1-2 years from now I'll have a better PC!

garbagejuicer

Neo Member
So what percentage of PCs that people game on do not meet the minimum specs? I think it would be about 60-65%. That is if these are the correct figures. Anyone else have a guess? Maybe even more?

Edit: it's gotta be more, maybe 75%

koutoru

And just like that my Athlon 750k and GTX 760 can't even meet minimum requirements.

I didn't expect it to happen so soon, but I'll wait for benchmarks.

Denton

And again, case of extremely inflated min specs that has no basis in reality, just like in the previous "nextgen" PC games.

And again people losing their shit.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
New console gens used to actually sport pretty nice hardware when they came out.

Even Nvidia admitted that 360 was better than PC on launch day and none of their hardware was in it.

AU Tiger

Who in their right minds would still be considering a pc preorder after we saw what they did with watchdogs?!?

And fukkin lol @ that minimum GPU

.... my baby...

ZmEDzRv.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What the hell is this?

Source code. Well, not "source code" but development code with comments (// On XBOX...) from the devs about the various things they're configuration the effects for/performance.

Also one comment about "this is PC only, who cares"/Ubisoft doesn't give a damn about their PC ports.

I'll be waiting to see how the benchmarks for this goes. I knew I was going to have to upgrade the GPU eventually but I'm not sure I'd upgrade it to Unity, especially since the co-op isn't what I'd be buying it for.

Buzzman

Banned
So what percentage of PCs that people game on do not meet the minimum specs? I think it would be about 60-65%. That is if these are the correct figures. Anyone else have a guess? Maybe even more?

Edit: it's gotta be more, maybe 75%

Checking steam surveys, GTX 680, 770, 780, 780 Ti and 7970 take up roughly 5% combined.

nbthedude

Who in their right minds would still be considering a pc preorder after we saw what they did with watchdogs?!?

.... my baby...

ZmEDzRv.jpg
I'm not planning on it because this series has become suspect gameplay wise, but let's not get hyperbolic. If you have a high end system, you probably are still running this better than the console version. As shitty of a port as Watch Dogs was, it was still true for that, as it was also true for recent other demanding games like Mordor and Evil Within.

Denton

Watchdogs ran much better on my PC than on any console. If Unity runs the same, I will be golden. And I have only 280x and over clocked 2500k.
I wonder what leads them to inflating their specs so much.

I'm not even sure if my 970 can average 50+ fps on this game at 1080p. The minimum cpu is at least a fucking i5 too. God damn. Will just wait for a price drop on a ps4 version. idk but I've never seen an AC game that wasn't poorly ported to pc. Been that way probably since AC 1.

JohnGrimm

I wonder what leads them to inflating their specs so much.
A studio notorious for bad ports, working on two games at the same time, one of which is using a new engine might be the cause.

More likely is that zero fucks were given during the porting process.

Top Bottom