• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's creed Unity PC version System requirements

belmonkey

Considering that the game is likely to run fine (console settings) on medium-end PCs anyway, are they just trying to shift people towards the console version or something?

Daingurse

Goddamn at those minimums! These are some beefy requirements, before I upgraded to the 970 my GPU (GTX 670) technically wouldn't even be meet the minimum requirements. I really am curious how the game runs with those minimum specs . . .

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Ubisoft has a game for those of you without high end Graphics Cards, it is called Assassin's Creed Rogue.

Except it's not on PC.
this year

~Kinggi~

Banned
Gees guys. How quickly everyone forgets the Evil Within minimum 4gb graphics card specs. A game that maxed pout at 1.5gb vram usage and ran fine on lower end shit.

Of course AC games are notorious for running like shit anyway so this is more worrisome but i wouldnt sweat it too much. I have a severe feeling this is either the doing of console manufacturers or companies like NVidia in a major press campaign to push their shit.

meanspartan

Gees guys. How quickly everyone forgets the Evil Within minimum 4gb graphics card specs. A game that maxed pout at 1.5gb vram usage and ran fine on lower end shit.

Of course AC games are notorious for running like shit anyway so this is more worrisome but i wouldnt sweat it too much. I have a severe feeling this is either the doing of console manufacturers or companies like NVidia in a major press campaign to push their shit.

Exactly. I think this is a case of "look how much PC muscle it takes to run our game!!!!".

Are they worried that if the specs or requirements are too low people won't buy the console version or will think that the consoles are incredibly weak?

kuYuri

Assuming these specs are true, I just meet the minimum requirements.

i7 4790K
GTX680 2GB
16GB RAM

Glad I future proofed a bit with my i7 at least.

The Cowboy

Gees guys. How quickly everyone forgets the Evil Within minimum 4gb graphics card specs. A game that maxed pout at 1.5gb vram usage and ran fine on lower end shit..
it "runs fine" on lower stuff because it runs at 30fps, it needs monster (super high end) hardware to run it at 60fps - even at 1080p.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oh yes I'm pretty sure nVidia is trying to push their cards that are all out of stock.

Are you so naive to think business owners actually let up on the need for demand if they are having issues with supply? That's called a goldmine.

it "runs fine" on lower stuff because it runs at 30fps, it needs monster hardware to run it at 60fps - even at 1080p.

FPS issue have nothing to do with the hardware and everything to do with the engine not even supporting it. GTX 980s cant get steady 60 fps and even on those cards the vram usage is capped at 1.5gb. Its all bullshit in the pc world these days.

meanspartan

Maybe the minimum requirements are for actually playing at 1080p? That might explain it.

Like I said above, a 680 and 2500k being "minimum" (I understand minimum to mean running at 30fps with low settings) would make sense for a competently coded game running at 4k. (or perhaps, 2500 x 1600p, 4k might be much)

Unity looks good, but not good enough to justify these sorts of specs for just 1080p, they are just lazy. Or more accurately, they refuse to pay their devs to make a proper pc port.

- CPU:
Minimum - Intel Core® i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or above
Recommended - Intel Core® i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or above

...K.

Is this crap for real? Or is this going to be one more case of ridiculous requirements and when the day comes it actually runs pretty well on weaker hardware? I mean, it's Ubi but come on...

If those are the minimum requirements then I expect low settings to look significantly better than console graphics, but who we kidding of course they won't

Good to see Ubi still doesn't know how to make PC games, I guess.

EDIT: Honestly, though, I hope FC4 isn't infected by this disease. FC3 runs pretty damn well on my 670. But Ubi gonna Ubi.

Ataxia

Will wait for benchmarks to make a judgement.
Exactly. I think this is a case of "look how much PC muscle it takes to run our game!!!!".

Only took 4 pages but conspiracy theories are always fun.

Oh, I have one! I was playing Halo 2 Vista the other day and it dropped to 52fps for a few seconds. Obviously it's Microsoft wanting me to buy the Master Chief Collection, right?

Do you think this game will utilize more than 4 threads and justify even suggesting an i7 or will it be like all the other games that have recommended one so far and only utilize 2 cores?

Lulubop

it "runs fine" on lower stuff because it runs at 30fps, it needs monster (super high end) hardware to run it at 60fps - even at 1080p.

That has to do with the 60 fps unlock not being tested. People can down sample at 4k and still maintain 30fps the majority of time on something like a 780ti, but 780ti and and something weaker getting a similar frame rate tells me they're some quirks. They have said they are looking to address this and the letterboxing on PC however.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Oh, I have one! I was playing Halo 2 Vista the other day and it dropped to 52fps for a few seconds. Obviously it's Microsoft wanting me to buy the Master Chief Collection, right?

And then there are folks like you that just ignore all the facts that arrive after release. Honestly at this point there are no explanations other than conspiracy theories with some of the bullshit that occurs with these games. Not that i subscribe to any particular one.

Radec

Nvidia and AMD must have been paying these devs to purposely make those minimum /recommended requirements too high to make consumers upgrade their syatem every year!

meanspartan

Will wait for benchmarks to make a judgement.

- CPU:
Minimum - Intel Core® i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or above
Recommended - Intel Core® i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or above

...K.

Conspiracy theory? When their recommended CPU doesn't change from min to max for AMD? (It's because that is where AMD tops out for the most part regarding consumer CPUs) If you really needed to jump from the i5 to an i7, then you would also need to make a jump from the FX-8350 to something else to still run it at "recommended". Also, I'm a bit rusty on my CPU knowledge, but I believe even though the Sandy Bridge i5 is older, it is still better than the 8350 for everything except heavily multithreaded apps that take advantage of the AMD chip's 8 cores. So if the 8350 can run the game at recommended, so can the i5. And Ubisoft is full of shit.

Please, if it takes that much hardware to run the game, it is only because they made a godawful port.

RiZ III

Well this is one of the first truly next gen games coming out so I'm not surprised. Of course there's gonna be a huge jump for system reqs from ac1/2/3/4 and this. Those games were made to run on hardware from 2006 so PC gamers were able fo run them with better fps and resolution. This is a whole different beast though. It's exactly why I've warned people away from trying to build an expensive PC expecting it to run next gen games. These specs are going to keep getting higher for another year or two.

Squishy3

Except it's not on PC.
this year
To be fair, I don't think Unity has received it's mandatory PC delay yet to make it not launch at the same time as the console versions. So it could very well not release this year either!

Well this is one of the first truly next gen games coming out so I'm not surprised. Of course there's gonna be a huge jump for system reqs from ac1/2/3/4 and this. Those games were made to run on hardware from 2006 so PC gamers were able fo run them with better fps and resolution. This is a whole different beast though. It's exactly why I've warned people away from trying to build an expensive PC expecting it to run next gen games. These specs are going to keep getting higher for another year or two.
Ubisoft PC ports are a whole new level of incompetency, though. Watch_Dogs has a GT 560 recommended. I bought a 770 about a month before it came out, and it came with the game. I couldn't maintain a steady 60 no matter what settings I tried, and when I locked it to 30 there was still microstuttering.

Rambotito

grandpa-simpson-gif.gif

No way.

mr2xxx

Banned
If true then it looks like those cheaper steam box PS4 competitors are already obsolete like the low end Alienware Alpha.

Top Bottom