• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's creed Unity PC version System requirements

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
But the game apparently runs like shit on consoles with reports of drops below 20fps at 900p with poor AA. So presumably you will get a much better experience for your money.
No, the unfinished build of the game has framerate issues. Remains to be seen how the final build runs.

- GPU:
Minimum - NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 or above
Graphic Memory minimum - 2GB

Recommended - NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X or above
Graphic Memory Recommended - 3 GB
ray_zoom.gif

Ubisoft, how the hell are you so incompetent?

Too bad we're "retiring" the term "bad PC port" because my better-than-PS4 GPU apparently can't run this annual sequel.

This has got to be a fuck up, right? A...very consistent fuckup.
Ubisoft has done it before, but Evil Within had the same issue. So IDK what to believe anymore.

ICPEE

Lol at the people wanting to splash rediculous amounts of money for upgrades to their PC's to play a game from a developer known for shithouse optimized PC ports.
Is this game really worth spending north of $500 on faster/better hardware?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Holeeeee shit @ the minimum and recommended GPUs.

Oh, Ubisoft.

Remember when someone from ubisoft basically said they don't optimize the pc versions because people can just buy better hardware?

This is that in practice.

Wait, seriously?

That would explain so much.

Edit: Also, lol @ the online speed reqs.

I actually don't believe the minimum requirements. At all.

I have a 3570K, 670 2GB, 8 gig RAM.... I wonder if this will be the first game that runs better on PS4 than my machine? Considering my graphics card doesn't even meet the minimum requirements it seems likely that will be the case! lol.

mackattk

i5-2500k made me laugh. So the minimum is not only a i5, but it is an unlocked version of the CPU... hmmmm... yeah..

Pretty sure these guys came up with these requirements out of their ass.

samn

What graphics card did you get?

A GTX 660 2GB, overclocked edition.

I know it's not the best, but it's what I could afford and it worked out as a balanced system that can play most newer games on high at good framerates. I figured it might at least play AC:U on low settings.

A card that met the minimum specs would cost over £300, about as much as a whole new PS4/Xbone.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
So for the minimum specs you need a PC 2-3X more powerful than the PS4? Ouch

My below-minimum 7950 is 3.7632TF. That's more than 2x PS4.

Funny thing how we jumped from minimums of 460 to 680. I be you will never see a 560, 570 or 580 as minimum.

I think he means the consoles being 2x as powerful as a PC with the same parts.

yeah i got that, but using minimum requirements of ports like this to measure it can't be a good estimate since those requirements will still increase when the hardware on the console does not change.

The Cowboy

Remember when someone from ubisoft basically said they don't optimize the pc versions because people can just buy better hardware?

This is that in practice.
I recon a lot of PC games get this treatment, its both the best thing and worst thing about AMD/NVidia/Intel always pushing for better hardware. Its good they (the hardware makers) do so because it pushes what we can do, but at the same time it allows devs to not bother to much with PC optimizations on games because all they need to do it up the requirements as they know faster hardware is always coming.

Duxxy3

My below-minimum 7950 is 3,763TF. That's more than 2x PS4.

Never mind the chasm between the XB1/PS4 CPU and a 2500k.

I can almost see why the PS4/XB1 versions are identical. If this game is that much of a bitch to optimize, I wouldn't want to have to do it twice either.

My below-minimum 7950 is 3,763TF. That's more than 2x PS4.

And the game runs on XBO, whose GPU is a fair bit weaker than the PS4's.

Truly a silly requirement, assuming it ends up being true. Personally I don't really believe it won't run on anything lower than a 680, but we'll see I guess.

Assasins creed 2 cannot mantain 60 fps in my mid range pc (that is much superior to The 360, 2500k 470gt) so i expect an even worse port

Incompetence. Lots of smoke and mirrors and little substance

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
This must be the 'mimimum' for high, and recommended is ultra.

Otherwise, Ubisoft have both a combination of skilled console programmers, and/or absolutely shit (or unmotivated) PC porters.

Heigic

rip 1GB 560Ti. Kinda want to wait until next year to upgrade though, so I guess I will just get myself addicted to WoW meanwhile.

meanspartan

They are so full of it, no way it takes a 2500k and 680 to run this at "minimum" unless they have done absolutely no optimization. And even then I bet you could run it.

These minimum specs would make sense for 4k. Is that it? lol

Of the games with heavy requirements so far, I believe only Watch Dogs turned out to scale horribly and was basically just a technical mess, not what I would call a predictor of what is to come. But considering, that was Ubisoft and this is Ubisoft, even though I far exceed the recommended specs, I expect a poor experience.

Duxxy3

And the game runs on XBO, whose GPU is a fair bit weaker than the PS4's.

Truly a silly requirement, assuming it ends up being true. Personally I don't really believe it won't run on anything lower than a 680, but we'll see I guess.

The way UBI's recent ports have run on PC, I think these requirements are legit.

Top Bottom