• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's creed Unity PC version System requirements

FLAguy954

I would like to remind people of a couple of things: the 2500K was released in January 2011 and the Radeon 7970 was released in January 2012. That's a three year old processor and a two year old GPU. At least 7970 is generally affordable right now (new and especially used, a new 2500K is still kind of overpriced).

thuway

Ubisoft is literally the greatest fuck up when it comes to PC ports.

Minimum 2500k and 7970? Those parts run circles around PS4 and X1.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
DNRqVrR.jpg

Lizardus

ughh. Ubisoft games are like big hard pieces of shits. Sure they will go through your system but there will be lot of pain for your system.

I played AssCreed Freedom Cry recently and it was unoptimized as fuck. No matter how much I turned down my settings, it still was choppy. They can't optimize at all.

Did everyone forget about Watch_Dogs?

How reliable is this source?

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the game didn't really scale and, as a result, had high requirements because the "minimum PC spec" is the console version, but even that sounds strange.

Jedi2016

I would like to remind people of a couple of things: the 2500K was released in January 2011 and the Radeon 7970 was released in January 2012. That's a three year old processor and a two year old GPU.
And they can play pretty much any game in existence at maximum settings, 1080p, 60fps. ACU isn't that impressive that it needs something exponentially more powerful.

So... that plan of getting a "950ti" (when it comes out, even if it is mostly a rebadged 750ti) to go with my i5 4460 is toast. I just bought that CPU!

Damn... Guess it's time to upgrade my brand new system. What's the modern equivalent to a 680?

RedSwirl

This game being PS4/XB1-only and a significant visual leap over Black Flag (and probably even Far Cry 4), I knew the specs would be relatively high, but god damn. My GTX 760 is pretty much fucked.

The console versions aren't looking particularly well also, maybe Ubisoft just barely gives a damn anymore. It's not like they have that much time to actually make these goddamn games.

Oppo

And they can play pretty much any game in existence at maximum settings, 1080p, 60fps. ACU isn't that impressive that it needs something exponentially more powerful.

post 52 has you covered.

soon as actual next gen games and not cross gen titles are made and released, there will be a steep increase in PC hardware requirements.
It happens every generation, PC hardware needs to much more powerful than what it is inside consoles to run the same game because games can't be truly optimized or coded on the metal, there's a lot of overhead, this gen will be no different, it's just that cross gen games delayed the process.
So no I'm not surprised.
it happens every time.

only difference is, this time it took only about a year.

if ACU has the NPC count they claim...

CLEEK

I would like to remind people of a couple of things: the 2500K was released in January 2011 and the Radeon 7970 was released in January 2012. That's a three year old processor and a two year old GPU. At least 7970 is generally affordable right now (new and especially used, a new 2500K is still kind of overpriced).

I'm not a PC gamer, but aren't the subsequent 2013 and 2014 AMD cards just tweaks to the 7XXX range? Fundamentally the same core GCN architecture?

post 52 has you covered.

it happens every time.

New console gens used to actually sport pretty nice hardware when they came out. Not this gen though, so... meh.

post 52 has you covered.

it happens every time.

We get a lot of this "it happens every time" talk but the PC/console situation we have today is not something we've seen for too many generations. Just 2 generations ago the consumer dedicated graphics card market was extremely different and PC/console multiplatform games were not nearly as common. There isn't enough data points to suggest a pattern and even the situation now isn't exactly comparable to even last generation.

I think we should wait for other sources and ideally, benches. The recommended requirements are believable but those minimum requirements seem fishy...even taking Ubisoft's subpar track record performance-wise into account.

a 680/7970 cant play anything even remotely demanding at those settings/fps. not even close actually

Omega

Banned
i would chalk it up to lolubisoft but TEW and Mordor had stupid reqs as well.

Looks like console developers don't want us filthy peasants to play their games

http://s1.webmshare.com/aRaK7.webm

Ubisoft PC ports in a nutshell.

LOL. Amazing.

It is quite sad that this is legit.

I wish I could say "cannot believe it" but, heh... Ubi. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What the hell is this?

Out of context. IIRC a PC setting being referenced in a config file where it's talking about consoles - it doesn't mean "we don't care about PC", it means "that is a PC only setting, so it doesn't apply here".

i would chalk it up to lolubisoft but TEW and Mordor had stupid reqs as well.

Looks like console developers don't want us filthy peasants to play their games

TEW and Mordor's specs were only out of line because of Vram recs. TEW's Vram recs turned out to be bullshit and Mordor's only became an issue with an optional high res texture download.

Wut - gtx 780 recommended? What kind of framerates we talking here for max settings? Black Flag recommended a gtx 470 (lol) and there's no way you'd get a smooth experience (60fps, imo) max settings @ 1080p with that card. If true, makes me think sli 980's won't be able to brute force it. Yikes.

its still not there, and the performance diff between high and maxed settings is typically massive.

edit - only 1 game in that entire list hit 60 fps, and its a port of a game designed for 2005 hardware.

Note I said high when most of those are on very high or ultra/extreme. 52fps for Metro on VH, 52fps for BF4 on Ultra, 60fps for Crysis 3 on high with FXAA, 56fps for Crysis Warhead on enthusiast with 4X MSAA, 49 for Total War on extreme, 49 for Thief on very high, and more than 60 for grid 2 and bioshock infinite. COH2 is low but it's one game versus quite a few here.

On high instead of very high or ultra/extreme I think most or all of those would hit 60 at 1080p, which was what I initially wrote.

Oppo

New console gens used to actually sport pretty nice hardware when they came out. Not this gen though, so... meh.

That you need 3x as fast hardware is nonsense.

We get a lot of this "it happens every time" talk but the PC/console situation we have today is not something we've seen for too many generations. Just 2 generations ago the consumer dedicated graphics card market was extremely different and PC/console multiplatform games were not nearly as common. There isn't enough data points to suggest a pattern and even the situation now isn't exactly comparable to even last generation.

well.. it sure looks familiar.

as Twain said, history does not repeat itself, but it does tend to rhyme.

Never heard of that source in my entire life.
And if tablets cpus + mid range outdated gpus can run the game at 900p/30fps, current low/mid end PC hardware can too. Let alone a Intel quad core, many times stronger than the cpus inside the consoles, with a 680.

Also:

Minimum - Intel Core® i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or above
Recommended - Intel Core® i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or above

What the fuck is this? Even an i5 is way better than the 8350, especially with games, yet the FX in Minimum AND reccommended specs. Looks fake as shit.

I only just realized this is coming from a Japanese website I've never heard of before.

Skepticism just increased ten fold. Is anyone familiar with it?

Phionoxx

Wow, the 2500K is a minimum requirement now? Damn... I wonder how my OC'ed 2500K @ 4.5GHZ would fare.

Exact same situation here. Don't plan on getting Unity anytime soon, but think this is the first time I have seen the 2500K listed as a minimum spec. I guess it is 3 years old now.

Derp

Ubisoft Kiev is handling both Far Cry 4 and Unity's ports. This was to be expected. Ubi Kiev is known for their unmatched skill in creating fucked up ports and they're proud of this.

In Ubisoft Kiev we trust.
Please get rid of that damn studio. Why do they still exist...

GavinUK86

Ubisoft Kiev is handling both Far Cry 4 and Unity's ports. This was to be expected. Ubi Kiev is known for their unmatched skill in creating fucked up ports and they're proud of this.

In Ubisoft Kiev we trust.
Please get rid of that damn studio. Why do they still exist...
Did they do Far Cry 3 for PC because that ran fine.

Top Bottom