• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

ec0ec0

...there's no real need to do it on 9. 7.5 is more than enough to get plenty of 3-5 wrenches.

the best moment is when you are in a run in level 9 and ready to do the home button trick when you realice that... theres not red wrenches to choose from before the stage xD (it happens more than what it should). I dont why, but it happened a decent amount of times when i was doing classic mode with villager again and again.

RNG hates me ;_;

Masked Man

I said wow
Well, I like to give tips in the forums because it means we can all share (and if someone is aware I'm incorrect on something then they can also help me out XD )

<clip>

That's some general pointers though. It's a bit scatter-brained but lemme know if any of that helps or if you feel like there's specific aspects of Palutena I might be able to advise on that you're unsure on :3

Solid tips, as always! Thanks! :D Can't wait for the C-Stick to help space FAirs and BAirs, haha.

lucina in the sky with dairmonds would be a good thread title even if it's the fair that keeps killing my mac

well, that's my story, good bye

If she's using FAir while you're offstage, it's always nice to counter because it 1) helps you recover toward the stage, and 2) punishes her for being annoying. ;)

Mumei

Welp.

My current record in For Glory is 401 - 397. I'd probably have a better record if I didn't keep playing with people who 2-stock me until they get bored and leave, but not much. :(

TWILT

Banned
Geez, I found out the hard way that Sheik is such a bad matchup for Shulk earlier haha. Never ever go into Monado Shield against her.

Might need to pick up a better character for the fight...

Do people care about their For Glory record so much that they would disconnect right before the summary screen? I've had a strange day of For Glory-ing where people played single games would just disconnect afterwards.

Haven't added/fought you yet, Moonlight. Add me once you're done! I wanna try against your Robin.

In the meantime, anyone else want to go a round? FC in my profile.

Welp.

My current record in For Glory is 401 - 397. I'd probably have a better record if I didn't keep playing with people who 2-stock me until they get bored and leave, but not much. :(

Jesus, Mumei, I didn't expect you to be outpacing me in game time.

Moonlight

Banned
Gotta go, GGs Moonlight! Nice to see a Robin I can model mine after.
Just don't make the same mistakes I was making! >_>

If you want an impression of what I was trying to go for: try to create space people out with Robin's glorious n-air if they're too close for comfort, approach and follow up with short-hopped Arcfires (then combo into that glorious Levin Fair/Fsmash/Levin Uair, depends on positioning really), charge up Thunder where I can, liberally use Elthunder, and throw out Arcfires to try out zone people out or try and trap people in the flame. I'm uh, really bad at the latter, so I use the breathing room to charge up Thoron where I can. Thoron itself is just good to have around since it just being around can scare people, haha. I'm way more theory than skill right now, though. A lot of what I'm trying to do is basically what I've tried to take from Nairo's play-book (and some bits that I'm just more comfortable with) to, uh, limited success. Basically my ideal mantra with Robin is that you usually only want to approach on your terms, otherwise try to remain defensive, and open up offensive opportunities where you can. Of course, the results can tell you how good I was at that. :p

Speaking personally, I think one of my bigger problems is that I keep forgetting Nosferatu exists. It's a command grab, so it ignores shields (I do believe?), and it's useful for punishing rolls or surprising someone on a platform (thanks to a vertical hitbox). It's great when you're stock-even and at high percents, and not to mention utterly demoralizing for the opponent (particularly if you've got a stock lead). But it's just when I remember, I get so determined to land it that I screw up my momentum, heh. Don't be me! Use with caution, since it's pretty easy to punish and a little tricky to land. Just don't get hungry since you'll often lose more percent than you'd stand to gain by eating percent with it, even if you eventually succeed.

I can't believe your Bowser Jr/Larry, though. You were all over me. I can say part of that was just kinda unfamiliar with the match-up in general, but damn. You've got game. That last stock of that last game was just you all over me. I just had nowhere to run, ack. Couldn't believe how much Mecha-Koopa was mind-fucking me, either. Had to keep rolling out and none of my projectiles were blowing it up. Just the inevitable, clockwork approach of death. And those item tosses! Felt like you had an answer up your sleeve for pretty much anything I was trying to do, heh.

The rollout from the kart did look pretty punishable, but I was kinda awful at getting any of said punishes off. Kept rolling too far away to catch you on the endlag. I should work on that, myself.

That Lucina was impressive, too! I'd say you were a little hungry for Counters at times, but I lost a few stocks to them anyways, so I can't be too loud about it. :p

Main thing I wanna say is that you're great at spot-dodging. Actually, the first player I've encountered to use them to good effect at all. I'm awful at them, as you could probably tell! Need to figure out the timing and how to work it into my game in general. Training your brain to do it instead of panic-roll and all that. Although I wouldn't recommend going for a spot-dodge against Thoron. You got smacked by Arcthunder that time (a nice part of Thoron's mindgame factor), but Thoron (especially when you hold B) says out foreeeever so rolling or spot-dodging is just going to end in pain. Shielding through is the best option if you can see it coming, at least with Thoron (and maybe Arcthunder?).

With all this said, I've gotta turn in for the night, so I'm afraid I can't play with you tonight Cosmic, but I'll add your Friend Code right now, and I should be able to play tomorrow? Around the same time as now, if not early. Actually, probably a little earlier.

PK Gaming

Geez, I found out the hard way that Sheik is such a bad matchup for Shulk earlier haha. Never ever go into Monado Shield against her.

Might need to pick up a better character for the fight...

Sheik is a bad matchup for most of the cast, haha.

Welp.

Don't let your W/L record get you down! I'd rather lose 200 times against a strong player than win 50 times against a weak player. Remember; you learn more from losses than wins.

Just don't make the same mistakes I was making! >_>

If you want an impression of what I was trying to go for: try to create space people out with Robin's glorious n-air if they're too close for comfort, approach and follow up with short-hopped Arcfires (then combo into that glorious Levin Fair/Fsmash/Levin Uair, depends on positioning really), charge up Thunder where I can, liberally use Elthunder, and throw out Arcfires to try out zone people out or try and trap people in the flame. I'm uh, really bad at the latter, so I use the breathing room to charge up Thoron where I can. Thoron itself is just good to have around since it just being around can scare people, haha. I'm way more theory than skill right now, though. A lot of what I'm trying to do is basically what I've tried to take from Nairo's play-book (and some bits that I'm just more comfortable with) to, uh, limited success. Basically my ideal mantra with Robin is that you usually only want to approach on your terms, otherwise try to remain defensive, and open up offensive opportunities where you can. Of course, the results can tell you how good I was at that. :p

Speaking personally, I think one of my bigger problems is that I keep forgetting Nosferatu exists. It's a command grab, so it ignores shields (I do believe?), and it's useful for punishing rolls or surprising someone on a platform (thanks to a vertical hitbox). It's great when you're stock-even and at high percents, and not to mention utterly demoralizing for the opponent (particularly if you've got a stock lead). But it's just when I remember, I get so determined to land it that I screw up my momentum, heh. Don't be me! Use with caution, since it's pretty easy to punish and a little tricky to land. Just don't get hungry since you'll often lose more percent than you'd stand to gain by eating percent with it, even if you eventually succeed.

I can't believe your Bowser Jr/Larry, though. You were all over me. I can say part of that was just kinda unfamiliar with the match-up in general, but damn. You've got game. That last stock of that last game was just you all over me. I just had nowhere to run, ack. Couldn't believe how much Mecha-Koopa was mind-fucking me, either. Had to keep rolling out and none of my projectiles were blowing it up. Just the inevitable, clockwork approach of death. And those item tosses! Felt like you had an answer up your sleeve for pretty much anything I was trying to do, heh.

The rollout from the kart did look pretty punishable, but I was kinda awful at getting any of said punishes off. Kept rolling too far away to catch you on the endlag. I should work on that, myself.

That Lucina was impressive, too! I'd say you were a little hungry for Counters at times, but I lost a few stocks to them anyways, so I can't be too loud about it. :p

Main thing I wanna say is that you're great at spot-dodging. Actually, the first player I've encountered to use them to good effect at all. I'm awful at them, as you could probably tell! Need to figure out the timing and how to work it into my game in general. Training your brain to do it instead of panic-roll and all that. Although I wouldn't recommend going for a spot-dodge against Thoron. You got smacked by Arcthunder that time (a nice part of Thoron's mindgame factor), but Thoron (especially when you hold B) says out foreeeever so rolling or spot-dodging is just going to end in pain. Shielding through is the best option if you can see it coming, at least with Thoron (and maybe Arcthunder?).

With all this said, I've gotta turn in for the night, so I'm afraid I can't play with you tonight Cosmic, but I'll add your Friend Code right now, and I should be able to play tomorrow? Around the same time as now, if not early. Actually, probably a little earlier.

No worries! Having a good time playing with Anon. Same time tomorrow!

Top Bottom