• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubo

I ordered over 20 games from TGC, for 3DS, Wii U, PS3 and 360, both new and older releases, some of which were extremely cheap (daily deals), this never happened to me.

Think it's a much rarer thing with TGC (GAME is the real abuser of this). I forget which game it was that someone had this happen to them with TGC.

I think for much older titles on Wii/PS3/360, this might be more the case than Wii U/PS4/XBO games, or more recent PS3/360 games.
Add me to the list of people who love TGC. Nothing but great experiences with them.
Given people's experiences with TGC being better than Game, I'll probably go for it./
You'll be fine :)

Azuardo

Given people's experiences with TGC being better than Game, I'll probably go for it./

I ordered the same game yesterday anyway. Expecting it to be fine tbh.

Oh, and yeah, I do love TGC personally too - never had an issue.

But always worth pointing out the possibility is there for older titles.

jesu

Just received club card stuff through the post from Tesco & I see that you can use the club card boost against consoles now. I thought it was just games for some reason. :/

Nice I didn't even know it was for games, got Dying Light pre-ordered for £22 :)

jimi_dini

8hZSIp2.jpg

PS3 for 19pounds
360 for 19pounds

@ base

Azuardo

Received my ZombiU from TGC today.

Actually used a slightly different film wrapper that didn't have the Nintendo logo across the strip - it had some generic recycling symbol instead - but it was brand new with all slips including Club Nintendo inside. Perfect.

Yep, it worked.

So how are they for pre-orders anyway?

They got TLoU Joel Edition to me at launch, and when I preordered Saints Row IV on the Wednesday the week it came out, they emailed me the following day telling me there was an error with the IT system and it would only get to me on the Saturday, and that they'd contact me with a gesture of good will. The next day (Friday, when the game was released) they sent me an email telling me they were sorry and going to give me £5 back, and on the Saturday I got both the game and the £5 refunded. This was on top of the £5 off £35 or more code I used (the game was £35 exactly, so if people who are wondering if the codes work with exactly £35 then it should work).

So basically, I preordered it on the Wednesday night before it released on the Friday, it came a day late because of an IT error, but they refunded me. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about their preorder services.

fr4nz

got an email from PlayAsia :
UPDATE:
With Sony's latest firmware update to the VitaTV, the Asian Vita TV can also access the US PSN Store!
Here's how to do it:
1) Hook up your Vita TV, and create an Asian PSN account (any timezone is fine).
2) Download the lastest firmware update (3.35) from your Vita TV.
3) Go to Settings -> Format -> Restore This System
4) Sign in with your US PSN Account
5) Enjoy!

So I guess it will work for EU too.

Actually used a slightly different film wrapper that didn't have the Nintendo logo across the strip - it had some generic recycling symbol instead - but it was brand new with all slips including Club Nintendo inside. Perfect.

I think only Nintendo published games have that Nintendo wrapper. This is a Ubisoft game.

glaurung

I think only Nintendo published games have that Nintendo wrapper. This is a Ubisoft game.
Yes, what foobarry said is true. Only Nintendo's own games get the Nintendo logo wrap strip.

Would be cool to have a Cheap Arse 'Day 1' Gaffer thread where we can find the cheapest places for pre-orders and brand new games. This thread is awesome but I rarely find people discussing buying new games. From doing a little shopping online I've managed to knock almost a tenner off the standard retail price for new games sometimes.

Just a thought is all!

ruttyboy

TDX-PYXM - £5 off all pre-orders over £35 at Tesco Direct

Rregarding this. Due to clubcard issues it was necessary to ring Tesco up to place my order, the (very nice) guy on the phone said that this code was now disabled, but only due to it not working as it should. They'd been instructed to honour the code by taking £5 off the price manually.

So if you try this code and it doesn't work, it might be worth ringing the order through.

Also, that clubcard boost thing is great, combined with that code I got GTA V PS4 for free!

Yes pedants, not technically free, but definitely effectively free!

Zafir

got an email from PlayAsia :

So I guess it will work for EU too.
Yeah you've been able to sign in with your European account for a while. I've finally been able to play my digital games on it. Not sure if the PSN Store is viewable yet though. When I tried the other week it wasn't. May not come up till nearer the EU release date if it isn't already.

repeater

SwedeGAF: Webhallen are running a little gaming campaign this weekend [for some reason I can't get my link to work, but it's visible on their frontpage] with some pretty cool prices on some recent games, like Driveclub, Alien and Shadow of Mordor at 399 SEK.

I'm seriously tempted to get Mordor at this price even though I guess this will be the standard price before too long given the onslaught of games coming in the next months..

Sakujou

Banned
free backpack is overpriced^^

welp, spending 100 pounds in the online store of nintendo?
i mean, if you look around you will save plenty of bucks just by buying it somewhere else. it needs to be something awesome as the golden zelda statue or some limited book or something to make me spend 100pounds in the nintendo store...

btw.
lords of shadow 2 for ps360 12euros.

german amazon, and you have to select the platform and then "neu" to get the right price from amazon.

oldmario

Atelier Meruru The Apprentice of Arland - £14.86
Atelier Totori : The Adventurer of Arland - £13.85
Atelier Rorona The Alchemist of Arland - £14.86
Atelier Ayesha The Alchemist of Dusk - £14.86

at shoptuu

they also have Atelier Rorona Plus The Alchemist of Arland for £19.85 if the extra £5 is worth it for the extras but at the minute it's on back order

i would probably get these if it wasn't videogame season

So I've currently got a pre-order with Amazon for an Xbox One with the Master Chief Collection but I'm considering switching to GAME as you get the Limited Edition version (plus some ugly skin for the console) for the same price - £349.99.

Having never pre-ordered from GAME can anyone attest to their reliability for day one stuff?

Zafir

So I've currently got a pre-order with Amazon for an Xbox One with the Master Chief Collection but I'm considering switching to GAME as you get the Limited Edition version (plus some ugly skin for the console) for the same price - £349.99.

Having never pre-ordered from GAME can anyone attest to their reliability for day one stuff?
They always get stuff out to you day one.

Don't expect it early though. Only niche games arrive early from GAME.

Anyone know the cheapest place to pre-order GTAV for ps4? Uk gaffer here. I'm seeing it £44 everywhere and if I can shave a fiver off I'll bite. Otherwise I will wait a few weeks.

Pinewood

Any point in getting Deadly Premonition from GOG over from Humblebundle other than DRM? It's a silly question, as they are both cheap, but GOG games usually have some nice goodies with them, but the site doesn't indicate if there are any or not and the other version is cheaper, so... Anyone own the GOG version? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom