• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Ibuki

Banned
Is the Ho-oh and Lugia stuff true? I might have to go with Alpha Sapphire if that is the case.
Who am I kidding I'll probably get both.

The new DexNav is amazing. I managed to get a Poocheyena with its hidden ability and an egg move (Play Rough) very early on in the game. This is huge.

Nope, HMs are in full force here.

However, nowdays I just slap all the HMs on my team. I used to be anal about that sort of thing, but once I tried it some years ago I found that it's not really a big deal to do that.

Alchemy

HMs are outdated and should be replaced with items (sheers = cut, w/e), but as long as you're not a crazy person EV training and running optimal sets while playing through the main game they're not horrible.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How would people react if "Delta Emerald" was an entirely competitive focused game?

Basically, no adventure portion. Instead, it basically works like a portable Pokemon Stadium, but featuring all the Battle Frontier features, some move tutors, etc.

MicH

Yeah I carry a Linoone along with me who has Surf, Strength, Cut, Rock Smash. So nice.

Just made it to Lilycove and I'm done for the day. Awesome game so far. My team is Manectric, Shifty, Camerupt, Swampert and Swellow :)

How would people react if "Delta Emerald" was an entirely competitive focused game?

Basically, no adventure portion. Instead, it basically works like a portable Pokemon Stadium, but featuring all the Battle Frontier features, some move tutors, etc.

Hard to swallow at 39.99, insta-bought at 34.99 or 29.99.

Hey now, I'm actually pretty bad at PvP too but I managed to lucksack my way through that one tourney. Anyone can have some lucky days. :)

A nice dose of mommy helps tho

(I'm seriously not that good though, my track record in NB tourneys is atrocious)

My problem is that I just cannot read people's future moves. I'm not that bad in other games that need this (chess, for an example, where you need to read your opponent), but in Pokemon I just plain suck doing that.

Caladrius

I'd like this so long as it was priced cheaper than usual.

Inb4 Emerald remake featuring Primal Rayqyaza with 880 BST

Unless it's tossing fully competieve Pokemon at me like a gacha, it sounds like it would be a terrible idea to sell it at full price.

It would have to cost $20 or less for me to buy it and accept it as not a filthy money grab.

they could still do a Delta Emerald now that its been established its another universe
Hoopa needs a game since hes responsible mark my words for all the multiverse theory stuff

Does anyone know the max search level for the DexNav?

So far it tells me the Pokemon's ability, first move, "potential" and level, but not the Nature. I'm up to lv.22 with Poochyena (managed to find one with outstanding potential and Adamant nature).

When you send a Pokemon forward between Gen 3 and Gen 5, the Pokemon always has a "traveled through time" message
>Sending it from Gen 5 to Gen 6 changes the message to "Traveled through Time and Space"

those fuckers planned this all along 0.o
those clever bastards

OmegaFax

My body is ready for tomorrow!

All+praise+the+perfect+bidoof+_1c4d16214ca99754700945df8935b483.png

Don't sell yourself too short, you had some choices most people wouldn't expect or be ready for.
True, but with that team I had to make a lot of "YOLO" plays because I didn't have a steel or fairy so dealing with dragons was a bit tough.

I guess I'm not *that* bad, in fact I think my teambuilding has improved significantly, but I will say that I'm currently rusty as fuck. Will definitely have to get a lot of practice in during the next month-something, and plenty of people are way better than me.

EDIT: "steel or dragon" I am so fucking high right now aren't I

OmegaFax

Age old question ... digital or retail copy? I have my 3DS eShop ready to go for midnight but .... eeeehhhh, feeling I should use my eShop credit for Toad's Treasure Trackers and buy a physical copy of AS ... Think I'm going to be tied up with Smash for a good part of this ... year?

Rnr1224

So I've been playing Pokemon for years but I haven't been keeping up with the meta in competitive play and wanted to ask a team building question. For making teams, Is it best to have multiple Pokemon that are capable of mega-evolving or only just one? For example, If I wanted to have a Blaziken, Steelix, and Sableye on my team, would it be best for me to have them all hold their respective mega-evolution stone, or just choose one that should be the mega evolution and only have them hold their mega-evolution stone? Just wondering how I should build my team and wanting to get experience from other players!

lupinko

I'm going to hold another NeoGAF Pokémon Tournament for ORAS. When would be good? I don't expect to get a ruleset until early December so I was thinking maybe January 1st as a "start date"? We'll follow a similar format to last time (Swiss + Cut) so everyone will have probably a good six rounds minimum they'll get to play in.

If you want I can provide prizes such as Wishmaker Jirachis, Ageto Celebis, RNG Gen 3 Shiny Legendaries like Deoxys.

Top Bottom