• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian boxer knocks out thugs harrassing wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadybiz

Lol awesome. "Let's all keep our hands way down by our waists, and smoke while fighting."

Dude's got some moves, alright.

I thought thug was a racist term? We can use it now?

And damn at the second guy having his cigarette go flying. That looks like a scene from a movie only 1000x better.

I thought thug was a racist term? We can use it now?

And damn at the second guy having his cigarette go flying. That looks like a scene from a movie only 1000x better.
Thug:

"a violent person, especially a criminal."
"a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer"

It's not an inherently racist term, depends on the context

Two Words

funniest thing is that he doesnt look back at the two first guys. hes knows they are done.

edit: no the funniest thing is the cigarette that goes flying out of the second guys mouth.
The funniest thing is the first guy throws his cig on the ground and gets knocked out before his cig even begins to show signs of burning less.

RP912

Banned
Dude gave out the popeyes special with a side a zaxbys and a kfc discount

o_o holy shit that box game is marvelous.

never knew a jab like that could knock a person out

The area around the Jaw/Chin is known as "the Switch" it doesn't matter how big, swole, are intimidating you are, a well placed hit there will know you out. that area in particular sends a quick electric shock to the brain that turns off the circuit breaker (your brain) for a moment.

Look at the boxer, he always tried to hit that area, he wanted to end the fight quick since he was outnumbered, the other guys went for the torso and legs so yeah.

andycapps

Here ya go

b6i7iKe.gif

Best part is second dude putting in his cigarette like "I got this" and the cigarette flying as he gets decked. The dude in the back on the right is just on his phone chilling.

FuuRe

If you can watch the first punch in slow motion, you can see a frame where the boxer ties the dude's shoe laces

just after his cigarette hits the floor

This is absolute poetry. The Boxers footwork is beautiful, a slight jump forward with the left hook to KO the first guy, and using the other guys own forward momentum and perfect twist of the upper body with the right hook to destroy disphsit #2.
As someone who boxes for fun (trained boxing but never fought) this is like how i am in my fucking head when i hit the heavy bag lol

IISANDERII

b6i7iKe.gif

I keep finding things to see. The dude on the right in the dark top is advancing with authority -> slows down when he sees the first dude get sorted -> stops cold before thug #2 even hits stone

The area around the Jaw/Chin is known as "the Switch" it doesn't matter how big, swole, are intimidating you are, a well placed hit there will know you out. that area in particular sends a quick electric shock to the brain that turns off the circuit breaker (your brain) for a moment.

That's... not really how it works. The knockout comes from the brain hitting the insides of the skull. Due to sitting in brain fluid, there's a delay in (de)-acceleration compared to the rest of the head.
So whenever the head is turned or snapped back abruptly and very quickly, the brain slams into the bone, thus squeezing and stretching the squishy brain tissue, interrupting neural connections which will make the neural network fail for a moment (and then it will have to recover from that "bruise"). Thus, lights out.

The chin is usually the best place to apply any rotational force as it will move the head more and so the brain can smash into the skull harder.

He doesn't even get to deliver that pathetic kick. Lord knows what he though that was going to do. damn

He actually does connect his lame little kick on the back of the knee. You can see how it actually moves the boxer's leg a little and might actually have saved him from a worse fate than thug #1, who got knocked out cold with the left hand.

That's... not really how it works. The knockout comes from the brain hitting the insides of the skull. Due to sitting in brain fluid, there's a delay in (de)-acceleration compared to the rest of the head.
So whenever the head is turned or snapped back abruptly and very quickly, the brain slams into the bone, thus squeezing and stretching the squishy brain tissue, interrupting neural connections which will make the neural network fail for a moment (and then it will have to recover from that "bruise"). Thus, lights out.

The chin is usually the best place to apply any rotational force as it will move the head more and so the brain can smash into the skull harder.

not to mention that if you get hit on the chin it hurts way more than any other area (you feel the crack in your jaw joints or what they are called)

i couldnt chew my food for 2 weeks the first time i got hit

VoxPop

LOL amazing. Need to take up boxing now and have guys randomly grope my girl so I can have an excuse to do this.

commedieu

Banned
LOL amazing. Need to take up boxing now and have guys randomly grope my girl so I can have an excuse to do this.

and make sure you fight sort of older, probably well pissed men. Not to take away anything, this guy would kick my ass for sure.

And, does he throw a cigarette down before the ass whoopings begin? Or did the guy try to throw one at him before the attack..?

Also ---

The no-look punch/kick that Yuri tried. Embarrassing as hell. What did he think was going to happen? He was going to trip the boxer, then punch him..? How was that going to work.

Exr

The footwork to land the first shot combined with the twist of the core to feed the second guy is amazing. Beautiful.

and make sure you fight sort of older, probably well pissed men. Not to take away anything, this guy would kick my ass for sure.

And, does he throw a cigarette down before the ass whoopings begin? Or did the guy try to throw one at him before the attack..?

Also ---

The no-look punch/kick that Yuri tried. Embarrassing as hell. What did he think was going to happen? He was going to trip the boxer, then punch him..? How was that going to work.

I still wonder what went through his mind.

Perhaps they were too drunk to realize what was going on.

That kick was like he was trying to shoo away a kid or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom