• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My life is complete.
vj90imW.jpg

Some Nobody

Man, I keep spending energy for new characters and just get "pact strengthening". Is there a limit to the number of characters you can have?

Mashing

Does Metal Zone 3 give more exp than 1?

I believe the best stamina usage is to run 6-8 or 6-9 for metal tickets (it helps a lot if you have a character with treasure hunter--but it's not required). Use those on MZ3 in the arena (that'll get you to 40). Run MZ4 and MZ5 until 60, then grind 60-65 in 20-1 with a group of 3-4 characters (you can do it with 2 if you have an SS mage, but it's still pretty risky, I'd do 3 characters in that case). With 3 characters you'll get 70-75k per character. After 65, I'm not sure what to do.... More 20-1 I guess, or you could do the story chapters.

Alternatively you can hoard metal tickets for a MZ5 event in the arena. I've gotten over 400k exp on MZ5.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I believe the best stamina usage is to run 6-8 or 6-9 for metal tickets (it helps a lot if you have a character with treasure hunter--but it's not required). Use those on MZ3 in the arena (that'll get you to 40). Run MZ4 and MZ5 until 60, then grind 60-65 in 20-1 with a group of 3-4 characters (you can do it with 2 if you have an SS mage, but it's still pretty risky, I'd do 3 characters in that case). With 3 characters you'll get 70-75k per character. After 65, I'm not sure what to do.... More 20-1 I guess, or you could do the story chapters.

Alternatively you can hoard metal tickets for a MZ5 event in the arena. I've gotten over 400k exp on MZ5.

When you do MZ stuff, do you run with a full party? Or do you use 1-2 high level guys and 1-2 characters capable of earning XP? I'm trying to figure out the best way to level my jobs.

I should be able to finish chapter 19 this week, assuming it's easier than 18. That chapter was, as a whole, the biggest kick in the nuts. I want to open 20-1 so I have a regular 200k XP farm spot (despite the length).

I'd not been playing since the events were super easy. Odin on the other hand has forced me to play this game again and raise those physical only units I neglected.

Mashing

When you do MZ stuff, do you run with a full party? Or do you use 1-2 high level guys and 1-2 characters capable of earning XP? I'm trying to figure out the best way to level my jobs.

I should be able to finish chapter 19 this week, assuming it's easier than 18. That chapter was, as a whole, the biggest kick in the nuts. I want to open 20-1 so I have a regular 200k XP farm spot (despite the length).

The former. I use one high level guy (and a healer if my lower level is way too low level). I usually run 1-3, no more than that.

In my case that guy is Gugba 3rd job, but it could be any SS mage. If you use Gugba, be sure to slot his build bomb ability to kill runners and/or king if need be. The healer is only for king events (I usually just do metal zones when the king is up). Go here for schedule: http://www.terrabattlex.com

zulux21

I'd not been playing since the events were super easy. Odin on the other hand has forced me to play this game again and raise those physical only units I neglected.

yeah.... I am working on some things to.
gotta level up some physical only stuff
gotta level up an ice user and a lightning user
gotta level up my defensive character.

Uthred

Finally got my tablet up and running again and can play this, I think the last time I played it was around when Bahamaut first appeared, has much changed? Ran Ordin Descended and got the drop, do Ordin Evolved or Ordin Ultra drop different mobs or stuff for job upgrades for Ordin?

HawthorneKitty

Finally got my tablet up and running again and can play this, I think the last time I played it was around when Bahamaut first appeared, has much changed? Ran Ordin Descended and got the drop, do Ordin Evolved or Ordin Ultra drop different mobs or stuff for job upgrades for Ordin?
Evolved has a 50% chance drop of Job 2 upgrade item while Ultra has a 100% on that same item. After you get job 2 item, Ultra will then start dropping Job 3 item at a 50% rate.

So I finally finished levelling up my last character I wanted to use against Ultra Odin...
Was doing pretty well until I forgot he uses life drain.
Is there a pattern for when he uses it?

HawthorneKitty

So I finally finished levelling up my last character I wanted to use against Ultra Odin...
Was doing pretty well until I forgot he uses life drain.
Is there a pattern for when he uses it?
Yes, he will always use it two turns after the bombs explode. Spoilers for complete attack pattern:

1. Vertical (2)
2. Impare Skills or Cross(All) - if boss use impare skills here, then turn 6 will be cross(all) and vice versa.
3. move only
4. Zantetsuso + Summon Bomb
5. Vertical (2)
6. Impare Skills or Cross(All) - see turn 2
7. Life Drain
8. Summon Mobs + Vertical(2) then repeat from turn 2.

i dont know if there was something in the latest update but my zezka doesnt hit as hard as i remember :s

EDIT: ok time to make new physical team. Which job am i to concentrate on for s'naip (aside from stander 35 on all)?

will Ka'Pori serve as a Bhal replacement (since i don't have her)

Mashing

It's worth the trouble. He's the 2nd best physical (behind Macuri) in the game. Macuri for being a B rank is just insane.

Basically, Bahl, Macuri and S'naip are copy cats of each other with slight differences in skills and weapons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I had no idea Eileen job 2 granted levitation. That would have been really good to know on chapter 18. :|

SO close to unlocking 20. Should be able to level my physical units to at least take out Odin 2. 3 will be out of reach I think.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wait was 18 the only one people wanted Levi for? I just had Kem tank everything with 3k HP + Self Heal + Kusch (Heal: All)

Hige

So i just got pupru. Is he worth leveling or should i just focus on s'naip?
S'naip's a lot stronger, but she has a nice mixture of skills IMO. Wild Shot is stronger than Tera- skills, her stats are pretty balanced, and she has some status effect skills thrown in there.

saichi

I need help as I'm not quiet sure what's the best way to form a team. Here are the characters I got so far that's B rank and above.

SS - Zerro, Gugba
A - Burbaba, Samupi
B - Ba'gunar, O'pari, Grace, Jaguna

I know Zerro and Gugba should definitely in my lineup. I could also use Samupi's spear. That leaves 3 spots. I would need an archer. Grace started the game with me so she is in. O'pari has fire for his attack and he joined my party early so he is probably also in. That leaves 1 spot. Should I have Burbaba since he is A rank sword or Ba'gunar since he has lightning to his attack or carry my original C rank healer? Or I should carry only one archer on my team?

HawthorneKitty

Oh hawthorne >.>
Guess how happy I am.

I need help as I'm not quiet sure what's the best way to form a team. Here are the characters I got so far that's B rank and above.

SS - Zerro, Gugba
A - Burbaba, Samupi

I know Zerro and Gugba should definitely in my lineup. I could also use Samupi's spear. That leaves 3 spots. I would need an archer. Grace started the game with me so she is in. O'pari has fire for his attack and he joined my party early so he is probably also in. That leaves 1 spot. Should I have Burbaba since he is A rank sword or Ba'gunar since he has lightning to his attack or carry my original C rank healer? Or I should carry only one archer on my team?
Hmmmmm have you gotten through Chapter 14/15 and gotten a Regenercell?

Aexact

SS - Zerro, Gugba
A - Burbaba, Samupi

I'd take Ba'gunar honestly. There's several enemies that are weak to Lightning in important ways and Paralyzing Blade is reliable (even after going from 100% to 80% in the patch). He also creates Anti-Shadow Capsules which is handy. Followed by Sampui for his weapon triangle versatility and eventually learning Control Time.

Jaguna is trash and Burbaba is a counterattack-type adventurer, which might have a niche but I found it pretty worthless. If you need the enemy to attack you to get your skills to work, it's not reliable (and it only triggers off enemy pincers and any enemy that matters isn't going to be attacking you with Pincers). Also, I think O'pari is pretty lackluster since most of his skills are filled with low damage Fire Arrows but having a fire element type attacker wouldn't be bad to have eventually. Elements are more dramatic then weapon triangle so there's no worry about having two archers unless the stage preview says it's full of swords.

... I dunno how one would get by without a healer, you can't dodge all damage, so definitely take your C-rank generic until you can replace her proper.

EGM92

I just finished the story. What now? Are there more chapters being added? I've maxes out pretty much all the characters I use including my backups

I just finished the story. What now? Are there more chapters being added? I've maxes out pretty much all the characters I use including my backups
They're bringing back Leviathan, Bahamut and Odin descended events tomorrow for a week.

If you got them already, then either skill up you characters, grind coins in the weekends or take a break until Scenario Part 2.

Finally!

I had a monster petrified on the previous stage and used it to set up a perfect start with both healers dying on the first move. Then pretty much just chained as much as i could. I tried to kill him right before his cross attack but he was left with a spec of life and killed everyone but those two. I got lucky with the bomb placement after the drain as well, only took out Kuscah. This fight is way too luck based. I got the item on the first kill thank god.

This was the team:

Anony

rolled a b class garbage with 6 free energies
havent gotten any decent heroes in the last 5/6 rolls

this goes the same as my friends as well, they practically given up playing the game because of this
i'm thinking of quitting as well

when people think logging on for the free bonuses isnt even worth it anymore, something's broken
gj mistwalker

rolled a b class garbage with 6 free energies
havent gotten any decent heroes in the last 5/6 rolls

this goes the same as my friends as well, they practically given up playing the game because of this

when people think logging on for the free bonuses isnt even worth it anymore, something's broken
gj mistwalker

If recent events have shown me anything its that what may look like garbage now, may be what I need to kill the next boss. The team I posted above would be garbage otherwise, but it worked great for Odin. The only money I've spent on this game is the $2.74 for Ethereal purely for collection purposes. She did come in handy though! On top of that the free event dragons are really good.

I understand quitting because there is no more content though.

Bad rolls also made me quit stuff like PAD and Brave Frontier.

In the end, you stick with the game you like to play, and I've found Terra Battle to be the most enjoyable.

linkent

Omega Bahamut is up I believe.

Seems those that beat him already says he's the easiest boss if you got ice mages and ice capsules.

Killed her 2x for fire ring :(
Definitely need ice capsule as i dunno whether that meteor can be avoided.
But with grace i killed her in 2 turns :p

Well neo Bahamut was a pushover, but I brought this to face him:

udguNUw.png

Dropped it on the 2nd kill.

Once I catch up Odin and Bahamut, I think my main party will be Odin, Ma'curi, Lewto, Bahamut, A'merpact, Leviathan.

Poor Rikken, Sheena, and Koko all will get the boot.

Pulled twice with the six free energies (had 4 already). Got a ba'gunar dupe and an A-rank Eileen.

That is actually good because her second job gains levitation which means I actually have an incentive to level her. For chapter 18...

Top Bottom