• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

meow

Thanks for all the replies! Think I'll probably only be able to get through maybe the second level Odin. My team is just too low level. And I only have two bow users, Grace and Manmer (other than some unleveled monsters and the generic bow dude they gave you in the beginning).

twice and no drop yet. but I realized that a power point overrides his impair skills ability.

Soulflarz

Banned
That sucks :(
I-I know

While I also know it doesnt really affect much, I liked keeping track of how many days straight I played :/

A-anyways, rather than simply just logging in for the bonus, I finally did a little story. Beat 29. 30-3 atm, no issues so far. Done for the night :3

Its funny that it took me next to no time to get into the 20s but once I got there I just lost all steam at 27...

Folstern

Another Kem roll. Wheeeeeeee. In better news, I beat "Ordin" Ultra and got the Rune on my first try. A team really needs either S'naip or a couple hard hitting physical archers before he can steal your life and start the cycle all over again.

daydream

Banned
I haven't gotten a good (= S/SS) character since rerolling at the beginning and starting out with an S-rank swordsman. Terrible luck. :S

Visceir

Another Kem roll. Wheeeeeeee. In better news, I beat "Ordin" Ultra and got the Rune on my first try. A team really needs either S'naip or a couple hard hitting physical archers before he can steal your life and start the cycle all over again.

Beat the last stage of Odin as well.

It's definitely a dps race. My advice would be to not heal after it sets your hp to 1 and keep your healer away from chain attacks until it does the life drain, this way it won't get its full hp back if it does life drain. Life drain would set your hp back to 1 again anyway.

Aexact

Add another "rerolled useless character w/ Odin free energy", rolled dupe of Nakupi. Sword and Wild Beast doesn't affect Odin's Divine Beast, nobody likes you Nakupi!

GAH. 50% drop rate my foot, took five tries to get the 2nd tier Odin to drop the Azure Flame. Wish I had enough confidence to take tier three Odin on for the better drop rate. On the "plus" side, I haven't rolled actual mages besides special event stuff like Bahamut and Leviathan so his ridiculous 90% passive magic reduction buff doesn't affect my gameplan.

linkent

Much easier than Leviathan if done without grace or red starwhip trick.

I would use 1 mage as excessive physical are not needed if they are not "pincering" which does 0 damage.
I killed him with Snaip, Grace, Macuri, Bahl, Kuscah, Gatz(treasure hunter, disarm bomb, panacea :D)

Out of the many pincer attack, 1 of the 5 physical are doing no damage.

So replaced Bahl with Pupropu, which did at least some damage while not on the pincer but chain.
Destroy him just after he cast the Zantetsuso.
Got the Rune on 2 attempts(first got Odin+fire)

The adds actually bring more trouble than Odin as the counter truely hurts, especially follow by area attack when they are nearby.

And for those who want an easy way,
red Starwhip trick still works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mf-SWBb0o0

Need to hit him with debuff 5x with the 6 chain attack of a caster. So total 3+3 attack in 2 turns.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Finally a boss I can kill. Too bad my team is mostly Spear already, but whatever.
All those Metal to bring new jobs up to 30-40, we'll see if I can beat the second stage version since I couldn't get Levi to drop in the 2 times I ran it.
Is there an item cap in Puppet Show? I hit 25 and killed another 5 or 6 puppets with no items to show for it. :(
Got 44 yesterday, so I doubt it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Free energy got me ANOTHER B-rank Spear user. :|

Much easier than Leviathan if done without grace or red starwhip trick.

I would use 1 mage as excessive physical are not needed if they are not "pincering" which does 0 damage.
I killed him with Snaip, Grace, Macuri, Bahl, Kuscah, Gatz(treasure hunter, disarm bomb, panacea :D)

Out of the many pincer attack, 1 of the 5 physical are doing no damage.

So replaced Bahl with Pupropu, which did at least some damage while not on the pincer but chain.
Destroy him just after he cast the Zantetsuso.
Got the Rune on 2 attempts(first got Odin+fire)

The adds actually bring more trouble than Odin as the counter truely hurts, especially follow by area attack when they are nearby.

And for those who want an easy way,
red Starwhip trick still works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mf-SWBb0o0

Need to hit him with debuff 5x with the 6 chain attack of a caster. So total 3+3 attack in 2 turns.

I should level my Starwhip. Problem I have is getting to the boss on level 2 Odin. Things just hit SO hard.

Got the first 2 down, 3rd Odin I was beating handily... until he drained my group and refilled his entire life :(

From what I've observed he'll always refill to full health no matter how little health he sucked from you. According to the Terra Battle forums you can prevent it by not healing up at all after Zantatsuo, but that puts you at risk at dying to bombs or his thrust attacks. Too bad I don't think I can get a physical team strong enough to burst him down...

Aexact

OH SWEET.
Got Rune on first try.

... I say first try but man, people who need to bring Swords or Red Starwhip are in for a trial. I brought Sheena along for Cleansing Caper and Control Time but she nearly died in one pincer. Scary. What a tense battle, leaving my healer out of the pincers just felt so weird. And I still forgot to take Sheena out of melee pincers so seeing her usually useless Conversion Rite go off made me gnash my teeth.

Even though there's supposed to be enemies that cast Demoralize and Poison, I didn't see any of those used so I imagine Panacea-type skills aren't super necessary.

OH SWEET.
Got Rune on first try.

... I say first try but man, people who need to bring Swords or Red Starwhip are in for a trial. I brought Sheena along for Cleansing Caper and Control Time but she nearly died in one pincer. Scary. What a tense battle, leaving my healer out of the pincers just felt so weird. And I still forgot to take Sheena out of melee pincers so seeing her usually useless Conversion Rite go off made me gnash my teeth.

Even though there's supposed to be enemies that cast Demoralize and Poison, I didn't see any of those used so I imagine Panacea-type skills aren't super necessary.

I think it's really awesome how the designers manage to constantly come up with bosses that force you to manipulate your team in different ways.

Hige

I think it's really awesome how the designers manage to constantly come up with bosses that force you to manipulate your team in different ways.
I agree, but I can't help but find myself feeling like, "Argh, let's just get this monster/item drop." I think the stamina cost keeps me from wanting to experiment or go into the fight blind. I just want to get it right the first time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So running the first level of Odin over and over after I got him to drop is worthless, right? The only way to get his evo mats are to run the 2nd and 3rd tier?

I kinda wish they allowed you to keep the experience at the very least if you lose a battle/give up lol.
I tried going up against Omega Odin last night with my main team which is mostly magic atk based (Samatha, Bahamut, Leviathan) and I couldn't get anywhere in the fight against Odin.

I'm going to try again with a Bow focused team now that I know. Just need to level up my Manmer quickly to round out the team since I don't have that many bow users.
Gonna use:
Yukken, Pahrl, Grace, Manmer, Gatz and Amimari.

Does anyone know his pattern yet? Or should I just avoid being in the spaces above and below him.

So running the first level of Odin over and over after I got him to drop is worthless, right? The only way to get his evo mats are to run the 2nd and 3rd tier?
Yeah.
You can skip the second one and run Omega if you can for both items.

You got a week to level up stuff if you can't beat it yet.

Visceir

I kinda wish they allowed you to keep the experience at the very least if you lose a battle/give up lol.
I tried going up against Omega Odin last night with my main team which is mostly magic atk based (Samatha, Bahamut, Leviathan) and I couldn't get anywhere in the fight against Odin.

I'm going to try again with a Bow focused team now that I know. Just need to level up my Manmer quickly to round out the team since I don't have that many bow users.
Gonna use:

Does anyone know his pattern yet? Or should I just avoid being in the spaces above and below him.

I found manmer to be worthless in this fight since Odin doesn't use demoralize and the augment circles don't have any effect since bows already are good against spears. Other than those skills his damage is poor and damage is what you want.

denshuu

Bajana and Pupru art is up.

The new characters by Kimihiko Fujisaka have arrived!
Controller of mystical healing spirits, Bajanna wields power over death itself!
A tiny, adorable soul with boundless potential, Pupru might just be the cutest Stonefolk character EVER!

Slt7fCs.jpg

tdvUqAl.jpg

this artist knows how to draw brown girls

and follows tradition of beastfolks with flying familiars, and stonefolk with big ass rock monster familiars

Anony

i just tried the 2nd level event
note that all my heroes are ~lvl62 2nd/3rd jobs

the boss is the biggest, cheapest piece of shit ever
2 attacks that cuts your heroes to 1hp guaranteed, keep calling reinforcements?

just fuck off mistwalker, who the fuck thought of that was a good idea

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
i just tried the 2nd level event
note that all my heroes are ~lvl62 2nd/3rd jobs

the boss is the biggest, cheapest piece of shit ever
2 attacks that cuts your heroes to 1hp guaranteed, keep calling reinforcements?

just fuck off mistwalker, who the fuck thought of that was a good idea
Eh? I kill 2nd before he could pull it off so I haven't seen it.

zulux21

Controller of mystical healing spirits, Bajanna wields power over death itself!
not really sure where the healing spirits come in as while she has death ward and a skill that auto kills she doesn't seem to have any sort of healing move.

Gonna use:

2nd turn he does a cross attack, I think 2 turns after that he will Zantetsuo and put down bombs. Then he will move and do a vertical breath. After that is life drain then next turn is summons. But yes, in general stay away from being vertical and honestly it doesn't matter if you get hit on the 2nd turn by the cross attack (unless you get one shot, but my 70 Bahl survived a hit), because he will drop you to 1 hp 2 turns later.

denshuu

Is Alika any good against Omega Odin?

Can't seem to find anything about her in terms of the Odin event

I'd test it out myself if I had ever seen Dark Matter in this game.

41 Orichalcum. 30 Oxsecium. 29 Animation, which used to be 32. Never seen Dark Matter in my life.

Alika will forever be Job 1.

I'd test it out myself if I had ever seen Dark Matter in this game.

41 Orichalcum. 30 Oxsecium. 29 Animation, which used to be 32. Never seen Dark Matter in my life.

Alika will forever be Job 1.

holy shit., at this point i'd start wondering if the game is corrupt and warrants a reinstall

EDIT: i never thought i'd find myself beckoning benevolent fangs

Ferga

On the other hand, I have 20 dark matters and 0 animatrons in my last 2 weeks of farming puddings.

Serenity Shoots seem to never drop for me as well :\

Meeps

I'm having incredibly good luck compared to the Leviathan event. Got Odin on the second try, then the Flame on the first try. Korin with Desperate Measures, Frequency, and Mega Heal is so good, though I'm expecting Omega to be a disaster...

5 energy?
rolled some a rank archer whos green, idk :p

Is it S'naip? Because this is completely true (ripped from terra battle forums).

746d1f674d.jpg

Even though it looks like other characters would hit harder than Bahl (who is the lowest damage of the 3) on paper, she can actually stack those 1.5x damage multipliers and the holy trinity just puts out WTF numbers. S'naip will actually hit harder on his first job if he can stack those attack 10% buffs, but he is pretty much paper in the first job and practically can get instagibbed, so I like to keep him on the 3rd job.

Top Bottom