• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

denshuu

Should I be using Olber? He's SS and I can't figure out why. My A-rank spearmen outdamage him and all of my healers outheal him in his 2nd job. Basically all he ever does is put some Def+10% capsules everywhere, which I'm not needing. It feels bad just leaving an SS rank on the bench, but he doesn't seem very useful at all.

Soulflarz

Banned
You know, I dont wana study for finals yet, I guess I should beat 28-10...

instakill always hits kuscah, this kinda sucks.

*zuzu is get sealed*
*death roulette hits himself, zuzu unsealed*
*he reseals zuzu*
son of a

*wins, get another energy, rolls jaguna +5%*
sigh

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
You know, I dont wana study for finals yet, I guess I should beat 28-10...

instakill always hits kuscah, this kinda sucks.

*zuzu is get sealed*
*death roulette hits himself, zuzu unsealed*
*he reseals zuzu*
son of a

*wins, get another energy, rolls jaguna +5%*
sigh
She just wants someone to love her.

Should I be using Olber? He's SS and I can't figure out why. My A-rank spearmen outdamage him and all of my healers outheal him in his 2nd job. Basically all he ever does is put some Def+10% capsules everywhere, which I'm not needing. It feels bad just leaving an SS rank on the bench, but he doesn't seem very useful at all.
He's a tank god.
I wish I had him as a spear guy.
Been using S rank spear Djugan for too long. :(

Folstern

For current content he is unneeded because you can get through the base game with any team really. For future content that involves a high amount of physical damage (maybe Odin), he is a huge asset to a team and worth leveling if you plan to keep playing the game for an extended amount of time.

use my free energy
Gold ticket
get giddy expecting an ss
i get zafitte
get sad.
look up skills

levitation, disarm bomb, plant bomb, frequency 20% all on 1st job

mfw
CAT-SHOCKED.jpeg

so who are the chars with all the screen hitting aoes? i got piz;fer for sure, but daiana dissapointed me when i assumed her skill was screen aoe instead of adjacent cells only

HawthorneKitty

Just blew my load of cash prematurely; 200k away from clearing peasants from POF. Only got 2 real units (Camillia and Velraine) and some Jaguna garbage from the 1.6 mil.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
ah pretty much bad luck.

for the first time in a while i need gold.

I will not give up at 25 items then!

Also in Puppet Show - after your timer hits 0s, do you have time to finish your move, or does it cut off immediately? And I ran into a King Puppet or something for my first time...I think he dropped my Tear that I needed to job advance, too. Rad.

Deitus

I will not give up at 25 items then!

Also in Puppet Show - after your timer hits 0s, do you have time to finish your move, or does it cut off immediately? And I ran into a King Puppet or something for my first time...I think he dropped my Tear that I needed to job advance, too. Rad.

It will stop you as soon as the timer runs out. You can still get an attack in after the timer runs out if you have a pincer lined up, but it will end your move just as it would if your time runs out in any other stage.

Visceir

Wish they would make the new characters available through coin pulls but I don't see that happening.

Will be able to do my weekly pull in 2 days, I got 2 gold not all that long ago but I'm hungry for more...I imagine Bajannna would make coin gathering go much faster

Aexact

Odin is up.

... Gonna wait and see what people say about it though, last time I ran into Leviathan Ultra blindly and it was not pretty.

Visceir

Only had enough stamina for the first dungeon. My mages seemed useless damage wise.

Had Odin drop though, thank you based Yukken~

Deitus

Odin is up.

... Gonna wait and see what people say about it though, last time I ran into Leviathan Ultra blindly and it was not pretty.

Wait, in my game it shows the event as "Ordin descends". Did they change the name, or is that a typo?

lol Ordin, yea it's probably a typo.

In the What's New bulletin he's called Odin.

He's definitely Odin, I just got him first try and it's what it says on my roster, and the game blurb right before battle mentions him as the Allfather.

So far, I only completed the first 2 battles and they seem rather easy since it's just basically a physical brawl. The only gimmick in the second battle is that the other monsters have a skill called defend Odin, where they shoot anyone who attacks him, but I killed him in 2 attacks so it didn't matter. Mages don't seem worth it to take because every enemy has double the magic defense, but since most enemies are lancers, S'naip and Rikken do very well. Going to try the 3rd battle soon, need to wait 20 minutes for 4 stamina :(.

magic teams suck in this area.

need more non-elemental bow users.

O'pari continues to disappoint majestically as a bow user and fire character

Just beat Ultra Odin and got Rune, but I'm too broke to upgrade him since I spent 30000 on recruiting tavern units earlier today :(.

Bring someone who can disarm bombs, trust me on this. Also, I originally made the assumption they were similar to the bombs the oxcesian guy in chapter 20 makes, I was really mistaken, since you can run into them and they would blow up. It's especially dangerous since he does it after zantetsuo, which reduces everyone's hp down to one, and the really dangerous thing is that next turn, when he moves he can shove you into a bomb, and you have to make sure not to be vertical because he will do breath vertical. 2 turns after the bombs, he will do life drain bringing you back down to 1 hp again and healing himself for the amount. After that he will call in the fenrir dogs, but I just went straight for him before they could do any damage to my team. Pretty awesome fight, since atm it seemed like you really have to plan ahead. I admit I did the save/load trick twice because I did not expect the bombs to explode on contact and him shoving my team into them.

Also kill the 2 birds first, they heal Odin. They will counterattack your characters to defend the other if you didn't kill them in one shot, so it's worth it to power point them when you have the chance, since it is easy to build up super meter against the boss.

Hige

If Disarm Bomb is a necessity, you can use Bomborg from chapter 8-9. You can't get it from coin pacts, so you'll have to farm it.

If Disarm Bomb is a necessity, you can use Bomborg from chapter 8-9. You can't get it from coin pacts, so you'll have to farm it.

I beat him without it, so it's possible but with it you probably will have an easier time planning things out and trying not to get in a bad position. Plus I think the battles before Odin can be quite risky with a low defense character (I don't know how strong bomborg is) since those enemies hit a for a decent amount. Bahl can die if she gets pincered twice since she is B and a sword user and other characters can only survive a couple hits too. If you avoid the first bomb phase by playing safe, you can most likely kill him right after he life drains (if you didn't go overboard on the healing) with S'naip and other archers doing work. Though before you go ham on Odin you have to kill those birds, they heal him a lot. I do wish I a decent bomb character though, it would make it easier to not make mistakes.

zulux21

plus side I got odin on my first run of the easy mode.
minus side I tried the second level first and it's going to be a huge pain even with disarm bomb given that my main team is a bunch of mages... perhaps I will level up some other people before the event is over.

Gugba, S'naip and Grace ate up Odin 1 and 2 pretty easily. Time for round 3.

Grace is hands down still awesome in these events. Even though she won't be debuffing Odin, in the battles leading up to them, she can debuff defense by 10% of those birds that heal/counter allies and the adds Odin can summon.

meow

So magic attacks don't work on odin?

Question: is it that elemental characters (non-mages) aren't as good because they tend to have lower atk? The first regular attack that isn't a skill move is just based on the character's atk #, right? If I have an elemental spear user that has the same atk (not matk) as a non-elemental spear user, that first hit shouldn't be too different between them? Don't know if I'm making sense.

HawthorneKitty

Question: is it that elemental characters (non-mages) aren't as good because they tend to have lower atk? The first regular attack that isn't a skill move is just based on the character's atk #, right? If I have an elemental spear user that has the same atk (not matk) as a non-elemental spear user, that first hit shouldn't be too different between them? Don't know if I'm making sense.
Yeah, that is correct. Magic users lack both the attack strength and attack skills for adequate dps in this event. If there is an element attached to a skill, it's magic.

All the enemies in this event have pretty much have double the magic defense as physical defense. Odin has 3200 (edit: just looked it up and it's a lot higher than I originally thought lol) magic defense, even with a starwhip you probably aren't punching through that like a bow user, and the fact that you can't chain debuff him instantly like against Levi.

The pincer attack (the first one in white damage color) uses physical attack. If the damage is in a different color it's using magic attack and is a different element.

zulux21

My level 60SS mage did about 30 damage per skill on the level 45 odin.

when he was level 40 he was doing 150 per skill on lavaithan but alas he was fire, so it would have been more like 75 with the shield up.... which is still quite a bit more.

Mashing

Ugh, I need more level's I guess. I went with a 60-65 team (healer was 70) and I got destroyed on 4th round by the trash mobs (I ended up in a horrible position). I can't kill any of the mobs in 1 shot as my best bow users are low B% so I have to have a PP.

I rolled in with Gugba, Snaip, Macuri, Kuscah, Zaffitte and Grace. That should be a very good team for Ultra, but it didn't work out that way. Gugba died earlier (I knew it was a risk, but he has PP amp. I guess I need to level up Pahrl (only 40) and/or Manmer I just pulled yesterday. Burbaba might also be an option.

Top Bottom