• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

This game is way too quiet. Everything seems to be turned way down in the mix. I have to turn my speakers up an extra four points than what I usually game at, and even then it doesn't sound as loud or as crisp as other games. I wish the sound was more 'in your face'.

lordxar

I must admit my initial reaction was that there's nothing wrong with the difficulty level and I detest the rewind option that is in many driving games these days, but looking (again) down the trophy listing to see how other people are doing is quite revealing.

Fewer than half the people with the game have achieved the Rookie Trophy (46.7%) which is the first section of the game. After that the numbers drop off like this - Amateur 27.4%, Semi Pro 10.8%, Pro 8.2% & Legend 5.3%. Thats not even getting all the stars in a section, just winning the trophy in the final event. The DLC completion is even worse with less than 1% of players reaching any of the DLC's final trophy (Elements is 0.1%).

Is the difficulty to blame?

Maybe. How many people bought or rented it at the start when things weren't fully running and returned or traded it? I'd guess quite a few. 2.7% didn't even complete a fucking event, seriously its the easiest trophy... 15% didn't even reach level 2. Now some events are tough but I got the plat and I'm mediocre at best. The DLC is tough and takes a higher star count to move on so I can see that part.

AndyD

aka andydumi
This game is way too quiet. Everything seems to be turned way down in the mix. I have to turn my speakers up an extra four points than what I usually game at, and even then it doesn't sound as loud or as crisp as other games. I wish the sound was more 'in your face'.

It differs a lot based on which camera you use. I forget which is which but one is so much quieter than the others for some reason, including road and engine noise.

Rushy

Looking for a little help if possible guys. We've seen a very small number of reports on here that during gameplay you're unable to access Photo Mode or use Reset to Track via the Touch-pad. And what we need from those who have experienced it is a little bit of information so we can try and track down the root cause.

1. Have you been able to try a different Pad? If so did that fix the problem for you?
  2. What are the first 3 digits of the serial number on the pad you're having problems with? 111 or 211?
  3. Are you playing with the USB cable connected or disconnected when experiencing this problem?
  4. Has it ever worked for you? Or is the problem intermittent?
And whilst I'm not asking anyone to do this, as it would be a huge inconvenience, but if you are experiencing the problems, we're interested to see whether initialising (quick) your PS4 and reinstalling DRIVECLUB fixes the issue for you.

Any help would be appreciated.

Looking for a little help if possible guys. We've seen a very small number of reports on here that during gameplay you're unable to access Photo Mode or use Reset to Track via the Touch-pad. And what we need from those who have experienced it is a little bit of information so we can try and track down the root cause.

1. Have you been able to try a different Pad? If so did that fix the problem for you?
  2. What are the first 3 digits of the serial number on the pad you're having problems with? 111 or 211?
  3. Are you playing with the USB cable connected or disconnected when experiencing this problem?
And whilst I'm not asking anyone to do this, as it would be a huge inconvenience, but if you are experiencing the problems, we're interested to see whether initialising (quick) your PS4 and reinstalling DRIVECLUB fixes the issue for you.

I'm having this issue, so I'd be more than happy to help:

1) Haven't tried another controller yet.

2) 111

3) Doesn't work with charge cable connected or without.

4) It has never worked. But returning to the 'Home' screen by pressing the touch-pad in the menus works perfectly.

It differs a lot based on which camera you use. I forget which is which but one is so much quieter than the others for some reason, including road and engine noise.

Even with hood-cam, it still sounds quiet to me. And I'm not just talking about the car sounds, I mean the whole game in general. The entire mix needs to be turned up a few notches. The sound design in this game is so good, it's a shame for it to be so quiet and muffled.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Rushy, please consider a way to do a quick restart of an event. Just some kind of button combo that lets you skip pausing and restarting.

xrnzaaas

The trophy statistics imo aren't a good mean of measuring how the gamers are reacting to the game and playing it. For instance there's always a large group of players who buy a game, start it up, play for a short while and then simply close it and leave it in their (vast) collection. I also suspect that some players are only interested in MP even if SP career mode offers plenty of interesting things.

I got someone over on the AV forums who is suffering from the same issue to answer the questions too:

1) No
2) 111
3) Happens in both instances
4) No

The trophy statistics imo aren't a good mean of measuring how the gamers are reacting to the game and playing it. For instance there's always a large group of players who buy a game, start it up, play for a short while and then simply close it and leave it in their (vast) collection. I also suspect that some players are only interested in MP even if SP career mode offers plenty of interesting things.

I think we kinda know that DC is well received amongst gamers now on GAF at least (and 15th in Eurogamer's gamers list) but the discussion was about the difficulty of the game and trophies show how long people have persisted with SP. I remember early after the introduction of achievement's & trophies devs saying it was fantastic to actually see how far players were getting in their games, and being surprised to see how few actually completed them.

I could tell the difficulty had increased on the DLC (the opponent AI was certainly at a higher level) but personally I didn't find it that hard. It could just be that around this time of year there's a lot of other games competing for players attention and people have put DC to one side to play other things.

Maybe. How many people bought or rented it at the start when things weren't fully running and returned or traded it? I'd guess quite a few. 2.7% didn't even complete a fucking event, seriously its the easiest trophy... 15% didn't even reach level 2. Now some events are tough but I got the plat and I'm mediocre at best. The DLC is tough and takes a higher star count to move on so I can see that part.

I know! It's ridiculous isn't it to think that 15% haven't reached level 2 - did they just play it once then trade it in or something? DC is actually the only plat trophy I have <hangs head in shame>. Yeah I'm not like Vaga who has 90 of the things! How is that even possible?!?

terrible

Banned
Quoting this again to see if anyone has room. Would love to join one so I can contribute and have the other cars unlocked as well!

I joined a random one called "join to lvl up". It's only a level 17 club but it's better than nothing. Last I saw there were only 4 people in it.

Just thought I'd post a few of my latest vids...

First up - why do crashing cars always go solid just before you reach them, even if they're flying through the air??

http://youtu.be/jDsv66OCW8U

This was a great scrap with 2 guys I didn't know on Wester Ross in heavy rain - not my greatest driving ever (I'd been drinking & it was xmas!) but quite a finish :)

http://youtu.be/K85jXtCkJE0

Another one of my recovery drives having started dead last and then spun in traffic, I pulled out all the stops and stormed back through the pack...

http://youtu.be/4ehDzpuFJGU

Denur

My problem may be a bit different. I can access PhotoMode using the touch pad, but only when my racing wheel is not connected. It doesn't matter whether the controller (111) is connected via USB or not. Also, it makes no difference whether the T300RS is set to PS3 or PS4 mode. This behavior is consistent.

xrnzaaas

This was a great scrap with 2 guys I didn't know on Wester Ross in heavy rain - not my greatest driving ever (I'd been drinking & it was xmas!) but quite a finish :)

http://youtu.be/K85jXtCkJE0

That's a pretty good race considering it's a DUI. ;) I also noticed that I wouldn't be able to drive properly with this camera angle... my camera has to be set as high as possible (I spent 10+ hours using only cockpit view but my times radically improved after I switched to an external view).

That's a pretty good race considering it's a DUI. ;) I also noticed that I wouldn't be able to drive properly with this camera angle... my camera has to be set as high as possible (I spent 10+ hours using only cockpit view but my times radically improved after I switched to an external view).

Ha cheers bud, I actually drive better (in the game of course) after a few beers but many more than that and there's a sharp decline!

Yeah I don't know anyone else daft enough to use 'GT' view like me but for some reason the steering feels to heavy for me in the external views. I do feel like I'm at a disadvantage when it comes to drafting people (as all I can see is the back of their car) but I do ok mostly :)

My club is almost level 50....man it takes forever.

Yeah we've probably got 4 active members at the mo, not seen a couple of the guys on for a while. Hopefully the next patch will increase the level cap for both club & players, I've been a 50 for nearly 2 months now!

IKizzLE

Yeah we've probably got 4 active members at the mo, not seen a couple of the guys on for a while. Hopefully the next patch will increase the level cap for both club & players, I've been a 50 for nearly 2 months now!

I wish driver statistics would load so we could check out who is active and who is not.

viveks86

I'm getting better at it, but man am I sick of seeing ghosts that just re-run parts of the track over and over to rack up points. Makes me want to ragequit whatever the challenge is.

Same here. Look out for challenges I send. I try to send it only to folks who appreciate fair play.

Hope evo fixes that exploit soon. All they need to do is immediately reset the car if it moves in the opposite direction

Same here. Look out for challenges I send. I try to send it to folks that appreciate fair play.

Hope evo fixes that exploit soon. All they need to do is immediately reset the car if it moves in the opposite direction
Time limit on each zone would be better, or a time bonus added at the end. Reset on wrong direction is too penalising.

That way anyone who genuinely cocks something up isn't reset but someone who wants to spend ages going backwards (which takes a long time as its easy to trigger reset to track) isn't going to complete either the section in time, or in the time bonus alternative isn't going to score enough points to progress.

viveks86

Time limit on each zone would be better, or a time bonus added at the end. Reset on wrong direction is too penalising.

That way anyone who genuinely cocks something up isn't reset but someone who wants to spend ages going backwards (which takes a long time as its easy to trigger reset to track) isn't going to complete either the section in time, or in the time bonus alternative isn't going to score enough points to progress.

Yeah I was thinking the same. That should work too. But it seems like an implementation that requires core modifications rather than a quick fix. Reset on wrong direction has no impact on people who genuinely screw up (they are going the wrong way anyway). It does make it far more obtrusive though. But it is easier to code than the time based alternative.

BraXzy

I've just started up the game for the first time. What is the best track/time of day/weather set up to blow me away? :D

v1lla21

Doubled that gap now just so u have a little more room to work with ;)
I couldnt get the final turn and it was driving me insane. Lol. I would surpass you every turn and fuck up the last one. I'll give it another go later tonight or tomorrow but I will beat your score!! :p

Would you guys be interested in a GAF DC competition once the private servers arrive?

I was thinking a 1v1 race knockout cup - each player picks a car / track / weather as their event with a predetermined decider race if required.

We would probably need to come up with some rules regarding collisions & no shows. Time zones could also be a potential issue but hopefully nothing insurmountable.

It'd be great to do a club v club competition too but I think an individual event would be the best place to start if there's enough interest.

Flunkie

Banned
Okay I seriously need a new club. Everyone bailed on me. I hooked up with some old friends who ended up playing the game til level 15 and haven't touched it since. Need a club that sends out hella challenges and has hella challenges between all the GAF clubs. :)

wilflare

I'm totally hopeless at this game T_T
I can't even play a normal race with the AI :/

bleh. a total noob

(how are you guys setting up your system to enjoy the sound)

xrnzaaas

Would you guys be interested in a GAF DC competition once the private servers arrive?

I was thinking a 1v1 race knockout cup - each player picks a car / track / weather as their event with a predetermined decider race if required.

We would probably need to come up with some rules regarding collisions & no shows. Time zones could also be a potential issue but hopefully nothing insurmountable.

It'd be great to do a club v club competition too but I think an individual event would be the best place to start if there's enough interest.

I would be up for it, but unfortunately I don't see having enough free time in the near future. I plan on completing new PS+ titles that came out yesterday and I also bought some fresh new games in the recent PSS sale. ;) Oh, and I'd be more interested in solo competitions, because my club sucks... it's just that I'm in the same club as my friends and I don't want to abandon them. Plus I've already got all bonus cars from the club leveling.

Anarion07

Same here. Look out for challenges I send. I try to send it only to folks who appreciate fair play.

I'll take that as a compliment :p
But you're too good for me, I can always scrape off some Fame through your challenges though.

As for the drift exploits..
I've been wondering..
Why not just introduce a time limit for drift events?
Not a tight one of course, but one that won't allow you to backtrack.

danowat

Banned
I can't find any of the "glitched" drift events, I've tried to turn round in lots of events only to be quickly righted.

viveks86

Why not just introduce a time limit for drift events?
Not a tight one of course, but one that won't allow you to backtrack.

This would work only if the time limit is tailored to each drift course. Some of them are pretty long while others are really short. And if the limit is too loose, then the purpose will be defeated. Just a whole lot of coding and QA. I really feel that tighter reset restrictions for backtracking would be good enough. There is absolutely no reason to backtrack in a drift event other than to exploit the system after a mistake or after a deliberate 180 for maximum drift points. Quite often I see people doing a 180 and then backtracking just so they can earn more speed points in the next section. This should not be allowed either.

But you're too good for me, I can always scrape off some Fame through your challenges though.

Keep practicing! You'll get there :)

I can't find any of the "glitched" drift events, I've tried to turn round in lots of events only to be quickly righted.

There aren't specific glitched events AFAIK. But I see ghosts backtracking in almost every drift event. Never managed to pull it off myself, but they seem to backtrack enough to keep adding to the score. Even if they don't add to the score, they still back track enough to gain speed points after maxing out the drift section with a 180.

I'd like that. Really hoping to see some tournaments/leagues once private lobbies are up. Wonder if WorthyEdge is ever coming back to resurrect the GAF league. We should plan something one way or the other.

Melfice7

Just got the game yesterday and was wondering what happens if i leave my club and join another? do i lose the cars i unlocked while in it?

Melfice7

I mean will i automatically get the cars i unlocked in my own club by joining a higher level club?

edit: Thanks danowat and abandonedtrolley

I would be up for it, but unfortunately I don't see having enough free time in the near future. I plan on completing new PS+ titles that came out yesterday and I also bought some fresh new games in the recent PSS sale. ;) Oh, and I'd be more interested in solo competitions, because my club sucks... it's just that I'm in the same club as my friends and I don't want to abandon them. Plus I've already got all bonus cars from the club leveling.

Well we haven't got the private servers yet or an ETA for them so I should think you'll have plenty of time for your other games :)

Do we allow our non-GAFfer mates to enter the comp or is it strictly GAF only?

I can see club racing being a bit of an organisational nightmare - we do well to get 3 of us online at the same time so I very much doubt it would be 6 v 6. Think you could get a couple of mates back into the game?

Anarion07

I feel pretty stupid.
I tried beating a challenge with the Mclaren 12C.
Didn't drive that one for a while... and I just couldn't make it.
The car kept on moving into walls after braking for corners and wouldn't let me steer it properly.
I really tried it for about half an hour...

... until I noticed my R2 got stuck.
30 minutes.. Im stupid.

xrnzaaas

I feel pretty stupid.
The car kept on moving into walls after braking for corners and wouldn't let me steer it properly.

30 minutes.. Im stupid.

Happens in Toyota's, happens in McLaren's also. ;)

I feel pretty stupid.

30 minutes.. Im stupid.

Hehe oops! :) The same thing happened to me, I'd actually snapped the hinge on the R2 from pressing it that hard so worth checking your controller for that. I remapped my controls to L1 & R1 and have stuck with those ever since.

Anarion07

Hehe oops! :) The same thing happened to me, I'd actually snapped the hinge on the R2 from pressing it that hard so worth checking your controller for that. I remapped my controls to L1 & R1 and have stuck with those ever since.

did it hang down on one side more than on the other?

Top Bottom