• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Teases 2015 Releases With New Years Image

Longer loading times makes me prefer platforms where I don't have to wait forever (Gravity Rush I'm looking at you). Napishtim's loading times on PSP were a.w.f.u.l.
Napishtim was *slightly* better when played digitally, but Konami never put it on PSN.

And it still wasn't worth playing through to see whatever that version's exclusive content was.

Aeana

Until Atlus get their collective head out of their ass about dual audio everything they pick up is a net loss for me. When Nintendo and Square-Enix are more progressive and better at providing features than you are you know that something went terribly wrong.

I don't think Legend of Legacy even has voice acting, and I'd still rather do business with a company who doesn't support transphobic language over one who does, given the opportunity.

Durante

I don't think Legend of Legacy even has voice acting, and I'd still rather do business with a company who doesn't support transphobic language over one who does, given the opportunity.
I have no idea what you are talking about, but I'd much rather do business with a company providing the options I want.

Actually, more accurately, I'd much rather buy games which have the options I want than ones which don't, the company releasing them doesn't factor into it.

Slashlen

I have no idea what you are talking about, but I'd much rather do business with a company providing the options I want.

Actually, more accurately, I'd much rather buy games which have the options I want than ones which don't, the company releasing them doesn't factor into it.

I think it's a reference to Akiba's Trip using the word trap. A few people made a fuss about it.

ethelred

I don't think it's likely (I'm expecting just the PC version), but I'd definitely like it if XSEED found a way to get the rights to the PSP version of Ark of Napishtim so they can release both.

Despite the overblown complaints from some drama queens, the load times on the digital version of that weren't that bad, and it was a fun game to play portably. Plus I already have some version of Ys 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 on my Vita (and am anticipating either 5 or 8 next), so it'd be nice from a completionist perspective to have 6 as well.

I'll still get the PC version, though.

salromano

Everything I've checked with no luck:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution (new character art)
The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki
Zettai Geigeki Wars: Metropolis Defenders
Natsuiro High School
Stella Glow
PoPoLoCrois Farm Story
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Luminous Arc Infinity
Bakumatsu Rock: Ultra Soul

Everything I've checked with no luck:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution (new character art)
The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki
Zettai Geigeki Wars: Metropolis Defenders
Natsuiro High School
Stella Glow
PoPoLoCrois Farm Story
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Luminous Arc Infinity
Bakumatsu Rock: Ultra Soul

I'm not sure how XSEED run things, but from various things I've read in the past I know NISA tend to only approach publishers about localizing games after they've been released, even if they're long-standing relationship (i.e. previously Gust/Compile Heart).

If XSEED are anything similar, we're looking at games either interally or already released in Japan, presumably as there could be some issues to do with the rights/actual release date otherwise. So the first 5 games minus Sen are probably unlikely for that reason alone.

I'd probably count out PoPoLoCrois and Luminous Arc for the time being, too, because they're both TBA in Japan as it is.

Kinda rules out the Ukiyo games too, as much as I'd like to see them (just checked the art for them - nothing I could find that matched).

Sadly, don't have any better suggestions for you at the moment!

I feel like I've been though most of the Falcom games that look viable for release or rerelease now.

I do find it odd that none of them seem to match up with Blood Drive or Xanadu Next.

Producer

I'd much rather do business with a company providing the options I want.

What, you're telling me you dont like hearing japanese honorifics in dubbed games? And english in games set in japan?

well at least they dont release pervy games and release games on time! *

*Conception 2 and EU doesnt exist.

Jucksalbe

Banned
No reason to fight out your company preferences in here. Better get back to finding the match for those remaining images.
Not that I have any better idea for them at the moment.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I really hope XSEED eventually get their hands on that port. I loved Celceta on my Vita but it was painfully obvious how much the visuals would benefit from being on PC. The resolution bump alone makes for a night and day difference.

Wasn't it ported by the same company that did Ys VII for PC? And as I recall, that was kind of a shoddy port. It'd be cool if the PC version was good, but I'm reluctant to believe that.

FLD

Wasn't it ported by the same company that did Ys VII for PC? And as I recall, that was kind of a shoddy port. It'd be cool if the PC version was good, but I'm reluctant to believe that.

Yeah, it seems like that's a very real possibility. But honestly, I'd rather get a shit port than no port at all.

Lucentto

Banned
I think I have found out the second silhouette.

R0NAqcD.jpg

It's a character from Corpse Party: Blood Drive. I could be wrong though, but his legs look similar.

Maybe Vantage Master Portable? I'm running out of ideas.

No luck with that.

I feel like another PSP game is probably pretty unlikely unless it's something very light on text.

I wonder if the image on the left is a teaser for something. Someone else pointed out that 2, 4, 6 and 8 are all part of that image, and the bottom left and right corners look like they could be part of something.

And what's the thing in the centre of the 0?

I think I have found out the second silhouette.

It's a character from Corpse Party: Blood Drive. I could be wrong though, but his legs look similar.

I'm not sure, they're similar, but I don't know if they're quite identical. It could be though, I might see if I can get them to overlap.

I've played around with the two images a bit and I'm not really sure. It's not exact, but that could just be down to image quality.

Too many games to image match. We need to narrow things down a bit.

I can sort of see a connection between Tom's hints and the game titles. For example, from Kinki no Magna, you get the word kinky and I suppose you could call Tom's hint kinky. Fourth hint has the guy saying cheese which rhymes with Ys.

Might be something, might be nothing, but what could you get from the hints and vice versa? A list of Japanese titles would be real handy right about now.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I would like you to notice that the "leg" silhouette may actually be a "bust + arm" silhouette(the orange part would be the empty space between them), for example this:

ukiyo-no-roushi-2012-12-25-Okita-Yoshijiro.jpg

almost fits, almost though :(

jackal27

Banned
Too many games to image match. We need to narrow things down a bit.

I can sort of see a connection between Tom's hints and the game titles. For example, from Kinki no Magna, you get the word kinky and I suppose you could call Tom's hint kinky. Fourth hint has the guy saying cheese which rhymes with Ys.

Might be something, might be nothing, but what could you get from the hints and vice versa? A list of Japanese titles would be real handy right about now.

reach-your-dream-life-logo.png

I'm still not convinced that the hidden images are one game. Could just be things they're not even ready for us to find out about yet. Who even freaking knows though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah, guys, I'm just not seeing it.

sboPFsd.png

the point of the question mark is on a triangle, the same triangle you can see between the sword and the pelvis, while the rest of the question mark in on the space between the arm and the torso.

Top Bottom