• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how does Return to Castle Wolfenstein hold up?

EBE

ive been eyeing this on steam for a few days now.
played through The New Order when it came and thought it was just OKAY. you guys who are saying its one of the best shooters in years are tripping... but thats not why im here

anyway, i remember playing the xbox version and have read that it came with a few prologue missions not available on pc? is this true?
id be playing on a few years old laptop but i assume itd run well, correct? its the quake 3 engine after all

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I remember the campaign being pretty fun back when I played it, although it kinda got weird once zombie skeletons started showing up.

Multiplayer is where it's at, though.

Verger

Banned
I recently played through it and had a fun enough time with the campaign. It's definitely more exploration than TNO from what I've been able to compare despite its linearity.

But if you didn't like TNO then I don't know what to think about how you'd like this or not.

Zushin

I absolutely love the single player. Good mix of weapons, and its fun exploring for all of the secrets.

EBE

I recently played through it and had a fun enough time with the campaign. It's definitely more exploration than TNO from what I've been able to compare despite its linearity.

But if you didn't like TNO then I don't know what to think about how you'd like this or not.

well i didnt like TNO's linearity and scripted focus, on top of its scattershot tone.
i think i may give this a buy. id be interested in Wolf 09 as well but that isnt available for purchase

I absolutely love the single player. Good mix of weapons, and its fun exploring for all of the secrets.

this is what i was hoping to hear. id be in it for the campaign

im assuming game pads are out of the question?

The single player was good but not what this game was legendary for which was it's amazing multiplayer. So it depends on what you wanted from it.

Top Bottom